doom3 experience mod relase zdoom 2.20 (wip: gzdoom version)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: doom3 experience mod relase

Post by Project Shadowcat »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:
Project Dark Fox wrote:I know it says in the Readme that you need 2.2.0, but you really need to try to get this to run for the current version.
look, the hirestex code have more of 10000 lines, oviusly i start this when zdoom 2.20 was relased, now change to zdoom 2.3.1 with now the lump hirestex called "textures" with the new code, i think that code are more complex and need more than 10000 lines....define each frame again with the new code is a little tired....
It is your responsibility as the code maintainer to your own mod to keep it up to spec. HIRESTEX wasn't exactly the best thing in the world to begin with so you should try going through your code again. Even if it's going to take longer.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Captain Proof wrote:I've been playing the hell out of this.I actually jumped a couple of times when a demon comes charging out of a pitch black room lol.It's great!

I still hate the Chaingunners though.OMG I hate them with a passion!

I would like to make a suggestion that maybe you should take the Constant Light amp from Baker and let his special weapon be the grabber.
when the hell arrives again this world, maybe i will ..for the moment a great breack for me for the hard work.......
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

You deserve it lol.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

A few macros in Notepad++ could update the HIRESTEX code into TEXTURES code. In fact, I think I'll give it a go myself, considering how simple it could be...

EDIT: Though if every sprite has a different Offset, it might be a bit tougher....
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

phi108 wrote:A few macros in Notepad++ could update the HIRESTEX code into TEXTURES code. In fact, I think I'll give it a go myself, considering how simple it could be...

EDIT: Though if every sprite has a different Offset, it might be a bit tougher....
for the weapons is easy have the same dimentions( 640 x 480) the problem are the monsters, have diferent resolutions...the position and scale need to be manual, that is the difficult part of that....
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

well when i change my video card and today i download the gzdoom 1.1.02, and i said wow!, the wad is not crashed....well my ghost are dissapear i think the problem was my old video card...i think i can make a special gzdoom version, well i am testing first if all is ok...the change are significant:

dinamick light for flashlight, fireballs, gunfash, forgotten and other effects...
more monster: baron of hell, pain elemental...

well the problem is not gzdoom, was my card XD..sorry for tell about not working on gzdoom....

Return to “Gameplay Mods”