doom3 experience mod relase zdoom 2.20 (wip: gzdoom version)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMERO-21

Re: doom3 experience mod relase

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Chronos wrote:DOOMERO i find much of bugs
First add +NOALERT flag to punches))
Then you should do something with how weapons alert monsters that's the lag problem weapon shoot makes EVERY monster on map enter see state even my PC lag.If i don't mistaked flashlight is bobbing you should remove it if you dont want light corona to move outside flashlight.
And what about change to GZDoom/Skulltag rails?You done what i see to 200% of zdoom possibilities but thats pallete is really stop you from great-looking weapons you should switch to GZDoom.
As i can see you changed blue from pallete to green)And another bug is that plasmagun shoots plasma balls in black square you should fix this.
That's all for physical bugs.No about monsters.First there see sounds are really something you should change it somehow cause they speak it too fast and too much don't know about others but i dont like they out loud speech with steps you should lower volume of sounds or change them.Next is AI behavior.Don't know if it was exatly like this in doom3 but you make monsters too fast too overpowered and shooting guns like they have chaingun.To balance this i recommend fix their power or fix their weapon speed that should make them easy a bit.
As i said this is great done and this is 200% of zdoom possibilities but i would like to see it in GZDoom-like port :)
for gzdoom impossible, i tried but the wad is crashed...monsters fasted? this is not like the classic doom monsters, slows and donkeys...i increase the speed becuase i added the soulcube and artifact for make more balanced, artifact make more slow the monsters, soulcube kill all......to compense so easily kill the monsters with those weapons....well, this mod is not for play classic doom wads..is for make special maps with that.....
i will considered about the fists, the flashlight too, i will put a bob for the ilumination....about the pallete is for the plasmagun, in doom3 is cian, i converted the blue to cian color.....
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

I seriously recommend using png with transparency for the death sequence of the monsters. Even with additive translucency, the black box is still visible. Same goes for any graphics that still are in a black box.
Pisstepank

Post by Pisstepank »

well, this mod is really nice made, i have to say i very like the hud and the detail that a weapon image is showing on your screen when you take it , just like doom 3. very nice mod ! really !
but i even tried with my most powerful conputer i have iin my house but damn ! this wad require a very powerful computer ! it lag too much and i can't play it! :nope:
Chronos

Post by Chronos »

Pisstepank thats bug dont cause of power of computer and i got it only on 2 level of doom2(few others too when all monsters on map go to see state).I believe doomero should fix it i looked at wad but there is so much of scripts and text in decorate that i should leave this job to doomero :D Probably something with monsters behavior is wrong or weapon alert is too much.By the way doomero you have to make some barrels and boxes to hit monsters with them via grabber it should be interesting.And doomero try making this mod to gzdoom at all costs.Zdoom is really reduce fun of this mod while gzdoom effects should fit very good.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

the problem is not the monster, with "deaf" cant jump to "see", the problem are the huds, i put continuous restart when load some huds like, the baker´s helmet, or the hud for the weapons (the right side) that cause the lag.....well i not have that problem but i saw people with that trouble, the solution is change some scripts....
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I know it says in the Readme that you need 2.2.0, but you really need to try to get this to run for the current version.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Project Dark Fox wrote:I know it says in the Readme that you need 2.2.0, but you really need to try to get this to run for the current version.
look, the hirestex code have more of 10000 lines, oviusly i start this when zdoom 2.20 was relased, now change to zdoom 2.3.1 with now the lump hirestex called "textures" with the new code, i think that code are more complex and need more than 10000 lines....define each frame again with the new code is a little tired....
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

So you don't want people to play this. Gotcha.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I have to admit, it's the lack of compatibility with newer versions that puts me off this too. I have unpacked it a few times to give it a go and, frankly, having to copy an IWAD to the unpack directory, then setup all my preferences every time is a pain in the neck and has been enough a few times for me to think "nah, I'll not bother". If it just ran "out of the box" with current versions of Zdoom or GZdoom, then it would be a lot easier and I would fire it up for a bit of fun a lot more.

Seriously, I know that it's a lot of work but this is a potentially very good mod and it would be a shame to restrict it to an older version in the way that you have and, thereby, severely restrict the number of people who are going to play, and replay, it.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Enjay wrote:I have to admit, it's the lack of compatibility with newer versions that puts me off this too. I have unpacked it a few times to give it a go and, frankly, having to copy an IWAD to the unpack directory, then setup all my preferences every time is a pain in the neck and has been enough a few times for me to think "nah, I'll not bother".

Seriously, I know that it's a lot of work but this is a potentially very good mod and it would be a shame to restrict it to an older version in the way that you have and, thereby, severely restrict the number of people who are going to play, and replay, it.
well is not my fault change so brutally the hirestex code, i know the zdoom 2.3 have good aditions, for example the flag notimefreeze, this will be very necesary for the artifact, in a fact the plasmagun ball, the rockets, or the bfg ball need to be not affected by the artifact...or the flag infighting, well i use a dehacked patch for evade monster attack others...well i was thinking make a version for 2.3.1 but i really need more time, becuase i need to change all the hirestex and start again define the frames...but 1 favor..."not change again the texture lump codes"
HomebrewNoob11

Post by HomebrewNoob11 »

THE GRABBER?!?!
HOLY CRAP, OMFG!!!!1!!!!1!!!1!!!!2!!!

What's the grabber?
I know it's something from RoE, but what does it do? Also, does this have the artifact? :?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

HomebrewNoob11 wrote:THE GRABBER?!?!
HOLY CRAP, OMFG!!!!1!!!!1!!!1!!!!2!!!

What's the grabber?
I know it's something from RoE, but what does it do? Also, does this have the artifact? :?

the grabber is like the gravity gun from half life 2, but this have more uses, can move the objetcs and return the monsters´s fireballs, the damage of the return is 10 times more strong, so you can kill any monster with his own fireball...and yes, appear on resurrection of evil, and the artifact is avaible too, only can be used by "phobos" and have the same qualities from the original...
HomebrewNoob11

Post by HomebrewNoob11 »

Ah. I tried it out and I can't SEE the weapons and some frames flicker on and off.

I'm using Skulltag, so...
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

for some reazon i added the zdoom 2.20 into the foldier....and doesnt work on skulltag, that port cant support the sbarinfo.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

I've been playing the hell out of this.I actually jumped a couple of times when a demon comes charging out of a pitch black room lol.It's great!

I still hate the Chaingunners though.OMG I hate them with a passion!

I would like to make a suggestion that maybe you should take the Constant Light amp from Baker and let his special weapon be the grabber.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”