ZHeXen: V 1.0 RELEASED!!! Contributions?

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Drake Raider

Re: ZHeXen: V.5 NOW OUT! Mappers Needed more than ever.

Post by Drake Raider »

Yeah, I changed the class names for a reason. The characters have names in the original game, they aren't just generic classes. I tried to make it show the correct names.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Sorry about the double post, but new version out. I somewhat redid 4 of the maps. Version .6a (says .6 in the release, typo prior to upload.)

Changelog:

Version 0.6

Fixes: Further fixed the Weapons code (still no Expansion Pack Compatability, Just don't use it untill
that is fixed. Will probably have to wait until neuralstunner is done with exorcist redeux.)
Changes: Redone Maps:
Winnowing Hall
Seven Portals(Map)
Resistance Camp
Power Shrine.
New Features: Fullscreen Hud (To be redone yet again...)

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2htnxzggz ... 0.6%29.zip
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Drake Raider wrote:Yeah, I changed the class names for a reason. The characters have names in the original game, they aren't just generic classes. I tried to make it show the correct names.
Only makes sense if you're not playing in multiplayer. ;)

Methinks it would be simpler though just to use the class names, notably with the +PlayerClass parameter, where it is easier than trying to spell the character's name.

I shall put some thought into the Exorcist's arsenal. I'm a little reluctant to use much in the way of existing weapon graphics, though. I may try a few edits myself. Barring that, I guess I'll have to raid the resource threads. :)
Drake Raider wrote:New Features: Fullscreen Hud (To be redone yet again...)
I have to do this for my mod as well.
Drake Raider

Re: ZHeXen: V.6a NOW OUT! Mappers Needed more than ever.

Post by Drake Raider »

I have to do this for my mod as well.
I essentially removed the status bar images, and left the trackers. I will move them later on.
I shall put some thought into the Exorcist's arsenal. I'm a little reluctant to use much in the way of existing weapon graphics, though. I may try a few edits myself. Barring that, I guess I'll have to raid the resource threads.
Could you do that in a seperate .wad/.pk3 then the Hexenhanced, then check for zhexen compatability w/o Exorcism? That will make it easier to integrate.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Drake Raider wrote:I essentially removed the status bar images, and left the trackers. I will move them later on.
Well, I haven't done the classic style fullscreen HUD yet, as I don't typically use those. I will eventually.
Drake Raider wrote:Could you do that in a seperate .wad/.pk3 then the Hexenhanced, then check for zhexen compatability w/o Exorcism? That will make it easier to integrate.
Yes, I'm working on Exorcist.pk3, which will work overall when loaded after HexenHanced.pk3. It will contain everything extra needed for that class, (Graphics, soundsa, code, etc.,) but will still require the main HH resource.

So far I've got a nice looking edit for one of the Exorcist's weapons, I expect I shall use the H2 "Sunstaff" that NeoWorm ripped as weapon #4, seeing as the color would be yellow (Fighter's green, Cleric's blue, mage's red). Weapon #2 will be fire-based, #3 wil be icy.

Could take a while, but wish me luck. :)
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

I haven't played it in a while, but if I recall, I had weap # 2 fire based, # 3 death/hell based and # 4 ice based, though I guess the order isn't important. Just the power balance.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Well, I'd rather figured on making his ultimate weapon light based, as I can't think of anything better at making the forces of darkness run screaming. :wink:

I've been working out my own graphics for weapon #3. The sources of this weapon might be easily recognizable, but at least I can say it's new. Good call on #2 being fire, as well. That balances nicely.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Holy and Light are not the same thing in the world of hexen. Remember, the H2 crusader (stood for light and health) used a solar beam, but the H1 Cleric (Holy) used a spirit based weapon. It's your call, but I don't think light works as well as holy.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Why not just compromise and give him a HOLY LASER?
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Not a bad idea actually...
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

... It'd feel more comfortable if it was a Holy Beam, and if it had a spreaded angle (E.G. not a straight line but more of a shockwave type effect...)

Seeing how tainted the area in Hexen is I'd think the beam 'd drop straight down anyway -.-;;; lawl.

Seriously though, I don't know how I 'd explain this in words... and I don't feel like drawing an example.

Just think of it as a... camera flash! Though... weaker... and continues...
It's never centered, it extends to a certain Field (certain degrees)

Just a thought, straight lines are so dull for holy weapons...
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

I wasn't going for "holy" per se. I was thinking of the Exorcist class as a sort of composite of the other three, a kind of seer if you will. I have a touch of backstory for him, too, that he was a part of a secret order that foresaw the Serpent Riders' coming...

Well, I've planned #4's main attack as a highly powerful solar missile, which seems to me like it would be quite destructive in Korax's dark world. (Even the "daytime" areas have a gloomy feel to them.)
Davidos wrote:... It'd feel more comfortable if it was a Holy Beam, and if it had a spreaded angle (E.G. not a straight line but more of a shockwave type effect...)
Hmm... Almost like BFG tracers? Yeah, that's a good thought, thanks. I think I'll try that out for the AltFire.

Now there's an idea for another time: Big Sacred Gun. :lol:
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Whoa, hang on... wait a minute. You
have a touch of backstory for him, too, that he was a part of a secret order that foresaw the Serpent Riders' coming...
? Just a thought, but the levels sorta have to fit the story. I had him as just a messenger, part of an army who followed the heroes through the portal to the necropolis (one of only two locations in the game HeXen I actually saw as in the outer worlds...) to find the battle over. They discovered the portal left by the chaos sphere's escape (yes, I see it as sentient,) and went through. However, they did NOT wind up in the Dark Citadel, but in a small isolated hill country. After journeying through that, they found a village infested by dark spirits, purified it, then the messenger, now an exorcist, was warped to the location where the xpack starts currently. I have designs for two more hubs finishing the story, and fleshing it out in game, rather then beforehand. That is why I gave him a sword, though, because exorcism is not his native profession. In the finished xpack, there will be fleshed out storytelling, epic army vs army battles, and two more hubs.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Sorry, I didn't know you'd fleshed that out already. Oops.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Yeah, I probably should have told you when you agreed to do the weapons. Sorry.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”