Beta 5 is out. Biggest new thing this time 'round is Heretic, Hexen, and Strife support (huuuuuge thanks to amv2k9 for kickstarting it and providing the initial DECORATE defs), though it also features some minor tweaks to things, more BM for enemies, and GLDefs thanks to DBThanatos. I've stuck the changelog in the first post since I don't have the old .txt with me to append to.
For those wanting to play Strife, here's a couple of gameplay notes you may want to read:
- In Strife (and only Strife), Steel is considered 'silent'. This allows you to progress "stealthily" through the areas that "require" it. The Needlegun is pretty useful in such scenarios as well, but this will ensure you'll neve get stuck since you're always guaranteed to have Steel.
- The Sigil is still present. It's in Slot 6, it runs off PSI instead of health now, and some of the firemodes (namely 2, 4, and 5) have been revamped to better fit the apparent power scale. You can use regular Psychic attacks with it too, but currently the animation for such is undone because Xaser am a lazy barg.
- As Degnin ore cannot exist in the inventory bar, obtaining a piece of ore will allow you to disable forcefields with your Handguns. Simply shoot 'em after picking up some ore and they'll go poof.
- All quest-related inventory items, such as Beldin's ring and the Guard Uniform, no longer appear in the main inventory but will still function the same. They are instead shown in the automap display's "Inventory" section (the key bar). This won't affect normal gameplay, so no worries.
- Gold is no longer present, and as a result, merchants are pretty useless. This isn't likely to change since it involves changing Strife's dialogue scripts, which will break custom maps. You can still visit Irale with the Flamethrower parts, though he will make you a grenade launcher instead.
- Stamina upgrades still exist, though accuracy upgrades do not. Be sure to visit Gerard from time to time to get your latest implant, but ignore Feris because he's a stubborn grouch.
This info's in the first post, too, for easy viewability and whatnot.
Anyhow, give it a whirl! It's still a beta so there's likely to be some glitches or whatnot, but Raven and Strife should be fully-playable now. Testing and feedback for those games would be particularly helpful.