ZDoom: LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby oODemonologistOo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:52 am

They disappear and leave their souls behind just line in Painkiller. An effect over them would be nice rather than just going "invisible".
User avatar
oODemonologistOo
undecided
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Location: one of the labs of hell

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:57 am

@Mr.Green
Nice review dude. thanx for advising what is wrong on the weapons :D Hey, did you test the Demon Morph after taking 66 souls? :lol:

@Nightmare Doom
Dude, did you ever play Painkiller? i suppose not, since it's a problem for you that the bodies disappear...

@oODemonologistOo
I just noticed that when you die with the Powerstaff the Game Freezes, i don't have any idea for what does it do it :| could it be the overpower of the weapon maybe?
For the bodies that disappear i have to add some kind of smoke, like in Painkiller :D
I just made a Mana ammo for the Magis staffs. i'll show them on the next version of the mod ^^
User avatar
Lolo_is_cool
O hai Doggy
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Location: italy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Nightmare Doom » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 am

Lolo_is_cool wrote:@Nightmare Doom
Dude, did you ever play Painkiller? i suppose not, since it's a problem for you that the bodies disappear...


Yes I did but it's unnecessary with Doom and the whole reason why disappearing bodies is implemented in Painkiller because of the graphical limitations of the engine of having too many models would cause the game to lag severely (try typing PKKEEPBODIES on the console next time you play Painkiller and pile up the bodies in the level to see what I mean)
Nightmare Doom
Banned User
 
Joined: 12 Oct 2004

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:17 am

@Nightmare Doom

Unnecessary huh -.-" ? Sorry to say it, but you opinion is pointless...

@Imp Hunter

Maybe i can make the gibs disappear, so, it won't make lag problems anymore :D
User avatar
Lolo_is_cool
O hai Doggy
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Location: italy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby oODemonologistOo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:54 am

Lolo_is_cool wrote:@Mr.Green
Nice review dude. thanx for advising what is wrong on the weapons :D Hey, did you test the Demon Morph after taking 66 souls? :lol:

@Nightmare Doom
Dude, did you ever play Painkiller? i suppose not, since it's a problem for you that the bodies disappear...

@oODemonologistOo
I just noticed that when you die with the Powerstaff the Game Freezes, i don't have any idea for what does it do it :| could it be the overpower of the weapon maybe?
For the bodies that disappear i have to add some kind of smoke, like in Painkiller :D
I just made a Mana ammo for the Magis staffs. i'll show them on the next version of the mod ^^


Do you have something to say about enemies not seeing player?

Ask DBThanatos about crashing when dying with specific weapon, he had a similar issue before with his BFG10k
User avatar
oODemonologistOo
undecided
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Location: one of the labs of hell

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 am

@oODemonologistOo
enemies that don't see the player? hmmm.. strange.. it doesn't happen to me :|
Okay, i'll ask him.. btw it's strange that the game "freezes" in that way...
User avatar
Lolo_is_cool
O hai Doggy
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Location: italy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby TypeSaucy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:06 pm

hey thiny, i found a bug on the BFG thingy-majigy. when you use the alt-fire and you waste cells, it just keep shooting regardless of the cell's ammunition is up to 0.
User avatar
TypeSaucy
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Discord: TypeSaucy #3162

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:08 pm

X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:hey thiny, i found a bug on the BFG thingy-majigy. when you use the alt-fire and you waste cells, it just keep shooting regardless of the cell's ammunition is up to 0.

really? well, i'll check it
User avatar
Lolo_is_cool
O hai Doggy
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Location: italy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby TypeSaucy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:00 pm

well, so far when i checked this out, this is Crazy kool (lol, tacky sentence :lol: )! this is like "out with the old self, in with the new self". and i see that you tooked the painkiller sprites from that mod i showed you. :D
User avatar
TypeSaucy
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Discord: TypeSaucy #3162

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 pm

X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:well, so far when i checked this out, this is Crazy kool (lol, tacky sentence :lol: )! this is like "out with the old self, in with the new self". and i see that you tooked the painkiller sprites from that mod i showed you. :D


Exactly... mine were bad, so, i used the sprites from the other one :lol:
User avatar
Lolo_is_cool
O hai Doggy
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Location: italy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby DavidB1000 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:05 am

I hope so.... i already got a bad eye on you, since you constricted Imp Hunter to modify MY Quake Rocket Launcher to become in a general D3RL
and i DID NOT LIKE IT >:(

Also, Constricted implies I forced him. :( I did not.

Unnecessary huh -.-" ? Sorry to say it, but you opinion is pointless...

Um, I hate to say it, but that's really rude. In fact, it's not very nice at all.

The Quake 1 rocket launcher? You're still mad at me over that? I'm sorry. If you want, he can go add it again to the new version, and I'll just get used to it.
Besides, he kept the coding the same, and he just changed the graphics to Quake 3. I don't see what the big deal is. Quake 1 Rocket Launcher is just ugly. It was ugly in Quake 1 at least. :( Sorry, my opinion.

As for the Painkiller Chaingun, well, I'll give V3 a go later today, but unless it takes less ammo to kill a Baron of Hell with it then the M-60, then it's not 3 times more powerful. Unless all hitscans have random damage ranges...

As for the bodies disappearing, I'm going to have to wait to see for myself. Might be good, might be bad. Now I'll think I'll been playing with nomonsters, but still. :)
DavidB1000
I need Scissors! 61!
 
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Location: Hell, 9th level.

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:44 pm

@DavidB1000
Rude? i just said it was pointless, i didn't want to offend someone XD

well, the QRL could be ugly for you, but not for me.
If you think that i'm still mad for that, you "missed the target" lol
Well, personally, i never get mad for something, expecially for the things that happen to me with the Internet people.
People that are "still mad" for something like that are the people that take Internet seriously as real life. and sure, i'm not one of them :D

i repeat AGAIN, when i said 3 times, i wanted to say that of course it's more powerful than a normal Doom chaingun, but not 3 time, i just randomized lol XD
Did you read what i said when you said me last time? i think not, since you still say that...
User avatar
Lolo_is_cool
O hai Doggy
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Location: italy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby DavidB1000 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:08 pm

No, I know that it's not three times more powerful, I was replying to Mr. Green. :)
It's his fault. :) Just kidding.

As for what you said to nightmare doom, saying that can be considered rude. Even if you don't mean to be.

Besides, since this is the internet, some people A. Take things too seriously, B. Don't get what you're saying, and then take offense at it. I'm one of the latter. :)

My brain sometimes just don't really work. So, bare with me, I just usually need a bit more information really.

Oh, to be honest, you may want to consider having the bodies disappear as optional. I'm just saying.
Also, Nightmare Doom seems to take some things a little too seriously. Look over the first AEoD topic, and you'll see my clash with him. :)
DavidB1000
I need Scissors! 61!
 
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Location: Hell, 9th level.

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:32 pm

DavidB1000 wrote:No, I know that it's not three times more powerful, I was replying to Mr. Green. :)
It's his fault. :) Just kidding.

As for what you said to nightmare doom, saying that can be considered rude. Even if you don't mean to be.

Besides, since this is the internet, some people A. Take things too seriously, B. Don't get what you're saying, and then take offense at it. I'm one of the latter. :)

My brain sometimes just don't really work. So, bare with me, I just usually need a bit more information really.

Oh, to be honest, you may want to consider having the bodies disappear as optional. I'm just saying.
Also, Nightmare Doom seems to take some things a little too seriously. Look over the first AEoD topic, and you'll see my clash with him. :)


O rly?
well, it's not my fault if he "takes internet seriously".
Not to be vain but... i'm 15 and i can distinguish internet from real life. You can't imagine on Youtube How many trolls and spammers tried to offend me and to hack my account....
And i'm still here......... ALIVE XD
User avatar
Lolo_is_cool
O hai Doggy
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Location: italy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Postby DavidB1000 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Ya, Rly. :)

I don't know, I'll just trying to warn you in advance. Some people just don't react well when you're saying something ,and they think you're trying to murder them with words. :)
Also, it's probably beyond your scope, but your status bar messes up the auto-map by completely obliterating the name of the map. And there's no way for the hud to be changed on Auto-map.

Oh, the imp normal death, a little ugly.
PLayed a little bit, and so far I must say it's kind of cool, but I don't like how it's damn difficult to get any ammo because how only souls are dropped by monsters now.

Call me crazy, but there aren't 30 boxes of shells on every map...even in Community Chest 3.
So, yeah, I don't know about the souls.

And the painkiller blade/death ripper is a little powerful. It can kill demons and specters in one hit. :(
This makes all other weapons useless by comparison. I mean, a weapon that's free, and can destroy anything really easily?
Yeah...bit more powerful than it was in Painkiller. :)
Also, how does the uber-powered up demon soul mode work, anyway?
Wait, never mind, been too long since I played Painkiller. Stupid 3rd level puzzle boss that totally put me off the rest of the game because you have to jump in a raging inferno, at the right angle so he falls off the edge, while you jump to safety, and then shoot stained glass from the ceiling? What the frack game am I playing, Puzzle Jim and the Demons of Confusion? :)
Last edited by DavidB1000 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DavidB1000
I need Scissors! 61!
 
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Location: Hell, 9th level.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finder153 and 10 guests