ZDoom: LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TypeSaucy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack for ZDoom (beta)

Post by TypeSaucy »

err... there Caleb hands. :|
theres something fishy about that serpent staff. i think that thats supposed to be a life leach, but he needs permission to use the sprites to DBT. so the serpent-staff-looking-staff-that-acts-like-the-life-leach is the life leach. :ugeek:
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:err... there Caleb hands. :|
theres something fishy about that serpent staff. i think that thats supposed to be a life leach, but he needs permission to use the sprites to DBT. so the serpent-staff-looking-staff-that-acts-like-the-life-leach is the life leach. :ugeek:
hmmm.... i know, i made it like a life leech...
i wanted to make it look like the real powerslave serpent staff, but i REALLY don't like it :?
also i don't like the lifeleech very much...
I use Caleb Hands because this wad was supposed to be a wad called "Hell After Dreams: Caleb chronicles", a wad i was making with a friend on youtube. And Doomguy gloves are too overused....
DavidB1000 wrote:Well, likes I said, looks good, but are you going to fix the very bright white on the marine hands with that weapon? Or do I need sunglasses to play this mod. :)
I'm not totally joking, it's really bright.
fixed.. now the arms aren't so bright... by the way, the sprites are the same of Powerslave's... i didn't change their brightness. if you look for the mummy staff in PS, you can see that the brightness is almost the same....
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Heh, thank you. I just did a run through with this mod. The rocket launcher is powerful beyond belief. :) 1 direct hit will kill everything up to a hell knight in one hit. Or a anrachatron.

The serpent staff thing seems a little weak on it's alt-fire. Maybe I don't know nothing about that weapon. Also, Berserk seems weird. I can't tell it does anything until I start spamming alt-fire with the fist replacement. :)
OH, and the plasma rifle seems weaker than a normal plasma rifle.
As for the shotgun, well, the normal one seems powerful while the Blood Shotgun seems a little weaker than a supershotgun. Although it does put an arachnotron out in 6 shells. :)

The chaingun is about 4 times stronger than the rifle weapon. Or the rifle weapon is just useless..
The chaingun also can gib lesser marines just like the shotgun here can. The normal shotgun anyway. It's also very cost effective due to how much damage it can put out. You'd probably only need 250 to kill a cyberdemon.
The flare gun is entertaining, and can at least kill a cacodemon before I'm old and gray. :)
All in all, a fun weapons mod, with a Q2rocket launcher that might as well be firing nuclear missiles. :)
Also, I randomly get a powerup, it seems to spawn with the blood shotgun, somehow, but instead of being able to see it. The inventory item has no graphic, and I can't activate it. It just says "You can't use that here."

It also seems to disappear.
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

@DavidB1000:
Heh, i know... i have a lot of things to do for this mod :lol:
btw, i never put a random powerup with the Sawedoff. i didn't add custom powerups for this mod (for now)
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Well, something randomly shows up in my inventory while playing this mod. And usually only after picking up the Sawed Off.
You can see this yourself by loading up Hell Revealed and warping to map 7.
At least, I hope.
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:Well, something randomly shows up in my inventory while playing this mod. And usually only after picking up the Sawed Off.
You can see this yourself by loading up Hell Revealed and warping to map 7.
At least, I hope.
oh, now i know! for some reasons the Decorate who switches the fire and the fire with the reload appears as a pickup.... but i don't know why does it make that thing :roll:
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

i found something i think its gonna need time to fix. the sawed off, when you shoot once it says 1 on the top of the shells ammunition.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Crazy, that's the exact same thing I reported. It's a bug with the way the decorate works. Basically it's spawns an inventory item that doesn't do anything. :)
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

@X-CrAzYkOoL-X
@DavidB1000
i know what you guys mean.... i tagged the decorate as CustomInventory and that's why a "1" appears when you shoot with the Sawedoff...
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

no wonder. hey thiny, my dude, any weapons you added in yet?

edit: did you said this is supposed to be the weapons of "Caleb Cronicles"? i can provide you with the Caleb class sprites. :)
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:no wonder. hey thiny, my dude, any weapons you added in yet?

edit: did you said this is supposed to be the weapons of "Caleb Cronicles"? i can provide you with the Caleb class sprites. :)
I recently added the Painkiller shotgun and the painkiller rifle for now :)
why not? caleb class ^^
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

sended it to you, next pm is gonna be better and acts like the real deal. 8-)
Lolo_is_cool

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack: NEEDS new weapons

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

I need new weapons (plasmarifle class preferibly)
if anyone got some contact me please! :cry:
Orangewaggs

Post by Orangewaggs »

a suggestion for the bfg would be the plasma cannon from Duke Nukem 64, the sprites are on a forum in doomworld
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

dont forget about the chainsaw, too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”