ZDoom: LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TypeSaucy

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Post by TypeSaucy »

ive got to agree with David, the new Doom HUD is bigger than the original.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

A few new things, the soul counter doesn't show up when you use the Sawedoff.

also, again, ammo is way too scarce now.

Okay, the game just hard crashed, didn't even throw an error report, because I had to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete. :(
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:Ya, Rly. :)

I don't know, I'll just trying to warn you in advance. Some people just don't react well when you're saying something ,and they think you're trying to murder them with words. :)
Also, it's probably beyond your scope, but your status bar messes up the auto-map by completely obliterating the name of the map. And there's no way for the hud to be changed on Auto-map.

Oh, the imp normal death, a little ugly.
PLayed a little bit, and so far I must say it's kind of cool, but I don't like how it's damn difficult to get any ammo because how only souls are dropped by monsters now.

Call me crazy, but there aren't 30 boxes of shells on every map...even in Community Chest 3.
So, yeah, I don't know about the souls.

And the painkiller blade/death ripper is a little powerful. It can kill demons and specters in one hit. :(
This makes all other weapons useless by comparison. I mean, a weapon that's free, and can destroy anything really easily?
Yeah...bit more powerful than it was in Painkiller. :)
Also, how does the uber-powered up demon soul mode work, anyway?
Wait, never mind, been too long since I played Painkiller. Stupid 3rd level puzzle boss that totally put me off the rest of the game because you have to jump in a raging inferno, at the right angle so he falls off the edge, while you jump to safety, and then shoot stained glass from the ceiling? What the frack game am I playing, Puzzle Jim and the Demons of Confusion? :)
well ,about the demon morph, as in painkiller, you have to take 66 souls to get it.
the soul counter doesn't show with the weapons that have altfire, so i know it already.
the game crashed when you were using the powerstaff?? well, i know it also, i asked DBT the reason and i'm waiting a reply :)
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Um, I wasn't using the powerstaff though. :) I was just about to grab another soul from a zombie class enemy.
In fact, because it's much more difficult to any ammo, you've pretty much made it difficult to use anything but the painkiller uber-razor of death. And as I said earlier, he who glances over, :) , it does way more damage than Painkiller's does. That and apparently, not much to cacodemons, which is weird, because if it can gib a demon in one hit, it shouldn't take 4 or 5 to kill a Cacodemon.

And, uh, I know how the transformation goes, and it's supposed to be red, and you're supposed to be faster, and you can use guns, while here, you're stuck with an invisible weapon I can't figure out how to use because I just press the fire key and everything dies...fast.

Oh, and all in all, my walls of text need more replies. I have a bunch of other points I'd like you to look at.
Oh, and thanks for nerfing the painkiller Chaingun's flash. Thank you so much.
The game crashed shortly after picking that up, on CChest 3 map 2.
The blood and gore might need to be toned down a bit.
Oh, and the soul thing is still a little over board. I like the morphing, but since it acts like Heretic, and doesn't keep on the next level, it's a little more annoying.

The too long, didn't read version, too many souls, not enough ammo, too much engine killing gibs(blood and gore), gore stays too long, random death sequences that are ugly, the imp mostly, and Shotgunners shouldn't have strong souls!

A mix of V2 and V3 would be perfect. At the moment, your mod is suffering from Feature Creep. :)
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:Um, I wasn't using the powerstaff though. :) I was just about to grab another soul from a zombie class enemy.
In fact, because it's much more difficult to any ammo, you've pretty much made it difficult to use anything but the painkiller uber-razor of death. And as I said earlier, he who glances over, :) , it does way more damage than Painkiller's does. That and apparently, not much to cacodemons, which is weird, because if it can gib a demon in one hit, it shouldn't take 4 or 5 to kill a Cacodemon.

And, uh, I know how the transformation goes, and it's supposed to be red, and you're supposed to be faster, and you can use guns, while here, you're stuck with an invisible weapon I can't figure out how to use because I just press the fire key and everything dies...fast.

Oh, and all in all, my walls of text need more replies. I have a bunch of other points I'd like you to look at.
Oh, and thanks for nerfing the painkiller Chaingun's flash. Thank you so much.
The game crashed shortly after picking that up, on CChest 3 map 2.
The blood and gore might need to be toned down a bit.
Oh, and the soul thing is still a little over board. I like the morphing, but since it acts like Heretic, and doesn't keep on the next level, it's a little more annoying.

The too long, didn't read version, too many souls, not enough ammo, too much engine killing gibs(blood and gore), gore stays too long, random death sequences that are ugly, the imp mostly, and Shotgunners shouldn't have strong souls!

A mix of V2 and V3 would be perfect. At the moment, your mod is suffering from Feature Creep. :)
No, when you are transformed, you can see only the demons in a red color.. the rest is "white", you can't use guns, and the speed of the demon weapon is right... it's faster in the expansion....
Well, btw, i don't think i will take this project again, since i also have to study for school. At the moment i'm working with imp hunter with gears of hell....
TypeSaucy

Re: ZDoom: LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Post by TypeSaucy »

about the monsters disappearing quickly, i think they need dissapeering sprites. :thinking: something that looks like their burning and fading away, just like in Doom 3 or something.i think i should help with that, but with some demons.
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:about the monsters disappearing quickly, i think they need dissapeering sprites. :thinking: something that looks like their burning and fading away, just like in Doom 3 or something.i think i should help with that, but with some demons.
No thanks. this project is now closed....
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Um, I hope I didn't kill it. :(
So, you're going to combine forces with Imp Hunter to make Gears of Hell? That would be cool!
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

the only thing im combining is my weapons and resourses in Gears of Hell, some monsters too. lol, we are the 3 musketeers (corny joke :lol: ).
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

DavidB1000 wrote:Um, I hope I didn't kill it. :(
So, you're going to combine forces with Imp Hunter to make Gears of Hell? That would be cool!
You didn't read this on my topic

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 65#p410647

Me, LSC and KrazyKool are a team now on Gears of Hell :wink:
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:Um, I hope I didn't kill it. :(
Heh, you really think that you killed me?
you're outta way man! XD

Return to “Gameplay Mods”