WIP - New Monsters and Weapons for HeXen :)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rolls

Re: WIP - New Monsters and Weapons for HeXen :)

Post by Rolls »

For the moment I change the comic smile of the Horned Beast
Today I haven´t many time, but soon it will edited

oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

Now it looks awesome! Great work.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

XutaWoo wrote:Nice reading skills, Enjay. :P
Hey, it's the weekend. I don't do reading at the weekend.

( :oops: )
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

That looks awesome :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

jimmy91 wrote:EDIT: A major problem is that they cannot be imported into wads with full color and transparent edges. Only one or the other.
Uh? Are you sure 32-bit PNG isn't supported? :?:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BTW, is anyone working on DECORATE for these beasts? As I said, some of the sprite edits are simply awesome and they deserve an interesting behaviour. I am eager to add them to the Beastiary ;)
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

IMO these should not be included in the bestiary, but only in mods the author approves.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:IMO these should not be included in the bestiary, but only in mods the author approves.
Says who? As far as I read that correctly, Rolls wants them to be added to the Beastiary himself so I doubt that you are the one who can make decisions about where these might end up.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

That's why I said "IMO". I think they'd loose they're "magic" if they're included there as most people would -over- use them for DOOM 2 projects.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I feel that sometimes too. Every time I see a monster used from the monster resource wad now I'm like "GROOOAAANN not again". That might be because most of them are cheap ass edits or are just annoying though (shield imps can go to hell).

Edit: Btw I really like the butcher :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, that's simply because some of them are overused but that doesn't count for all of them, there are still lots of monsters in the Beastiary that aren't used that often. Blame it on the mappers :) By the way, I haven't seen anyone yet that said: Imps are overused, just because it's one of the stock monsters. But that's what I partially see the Beastiary as: A monster stock, the more the better as it makes mappers vary more often, especially in terms of Heretic/Hexen monsters. I'd be happy to have them in the resource and I am sure others agree :)
Rolls

Post by Rolls »

Yes, I would like to make a special bestiary only for the Heretic and Hexen worlds. I think that it would be very interesting :D
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Gez wrote:
jimmy91 wrote:EDIT: A major problem is that they cannot be imported into wads with full color and transparent edges. Only one or the other.
Uh? Are you sure 32-bit PNG isn't supported? :?:
I'm sure it is. I've been using 32-bit PNGs for most everything of my graphics, here and there; nothing has given me a problem with either transparency OR full color. =\
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Rolls wrote:Yes, I would like to make a special bestiary only for the Heretic and Hexen worlds. I think that it would be very interesting :D
Already taken a look at the Beastiary?

http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=105
Categorizing monsters is done with these kinds of "Info Cards" and that works already pretty fine (the "Type" area pretty much defines everything you need to know as a mapper) so for the Realm667 Beastiary, I will just stay and stick to that. Worked fine in the past ;)
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Heretic/Hexen only bestiary sounds more appropriate. It'd motivate more people to mod for these games, and will keep guarantee that the monsters will remain clean (nobody wants to see a medieval monster together with a spidermastermind or shotgun guys, and kill them with the BFG).
I think I'm going to start one later today, I always wanted to make public my Hexen monsters. This is a good chance to add more to these games, specially to Hexen that few mod for it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”