Doom Enhanced v1.1 - Test before I newstuff it!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Doom Enhanced v1.1 - Test before I newstuff it!

Post by Cutmanmike »

Demon eclipse of course! (The monster wad)
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

Should do something like Beautiful Doom and smooth out the animations for the guns and some blood squirtage.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Kinsie wrote:Eriance has some sweet gib frames for the knights, demon and revenant.
Wait, I thought Kinsie already used Eriance's Demon XDeath. Also, what about the Cacodemon XDeath? Would the Cacodemon XDeath become a ball of explosion like the one in Zero Tolerance?
phi108

Post by phi108 »

I have one more small thing If you're interested. I made alternate death animations of the shotgunguy falling forward but not grabbing his throat. I think it was in the last altanim.wad I posted a while ago. I think there are about 3-4 modified frames that work in between the beginning and ending frames of the current falling forward death. It's somewhere in the wad below.
Attachments
Altanim.zip
(245.96 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Not a bad mod, it makes Doom a little more realistic. Yeah, I do think there's a lot of blood and gore, but in reality, it's probably what would actually happen if you really clobbered a monster. :) To me, it's just a lot of red pixels on my screen.
Tenement Funster

Post by Tenement Funster »

Captain Proof wrote:Should do something like Beautiful Doom and smooth out the animations for the guns and some blood squirtage.
This, a thousand times this. I'd be in heaven if I could get the weapons and blood spurts of Beautiful Doom and the everything else from Doom Enhanced.

I played a good bit of online Co-op Survival games with two friends using Doom Enhanced through Skulltag. On the larger levels with lots of monsters, the wad causes everyone (except me, the host) to get severe lag until they start dropping out due to missed packets. This was also the case with Beautiful Doom, when I tried that one. This would probably be pretty slick in DM and whatnot, since there's less to put a strain on the server, but I rarely ever play them.

Absolutely awesome offline wad though.
Eisenfaust1986

Post by Eisenfaust1986 »

Post Deleted...
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

in the Alt-Death wad. i contributed a alternate Archvile death. i think it was rather good. use it pl0x :P
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

I played a good bit of online Co-op Survival games with two friends using Doom Enhanced through Skulltag. On the larger levels with lots of monsters, the wad causes everyone (except me, the host) to get severe lag until they start dropping out due to missed packets. This was also the case with Beautiful Doom, when I tried that one. This would probably be pretty slick in DM and whatnot, since there's less to put a strain on the server, but I rarely ever play them.
A_SpawnItemEx flag 128 anyone?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

CaptainToenail wrote:A_SpawnItemEx flag 128 anyone?
The gibbers already use it. I suspect it's footsteps and torch flares that are causing it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”