Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.6

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Osiris Kalev wrote:Chibi Rebellion 08 - Couldn't get to switch in middle after droid killed the guard in the middle. Had no to no clip to get in.

Damn it, not again. I'll see if I can figure out where it's breaking this time.

Chibi Rebellion 60 - Some sectors of the map (sectors 103, 104, 101, 123) seem to be set as secrets, even though they aren't really classed as secrets.

Fixed.

Chibi Rebellion 11 - The X-Wing in the top right corner (according to the automap) has a weird graphical glitch where the sides are covered in weird colours.

Dunno, looks fine in ZDoom.

Also, the door at the back of the base always seems to lead to Chibi Rebellion 10 (Giant Wampa Level). I'm not sure if that's intended or not though.

Yes, that's intended. It's a fixed bonus level, an ode to a cut scene in episode V.

Narglatch do not seem to appear at all. In the Blizzard area, the red icons on the locator still appeared, but the creatures themselves were not there. I'll try a newer version of GZDoom to see if it rectifies the problem.

I'm getting the impression that this is a GZDoom problem, as it works fine for me in ZDoom.

On another note, what do Bacta Tanks do?

Bacta fluid? As stated in the first post, they automatically restore 50 health when you're at or below half health.

The extra decorations you've put around the levels (like the generators for instance) are pretty neat

I was quite frustrated by the lack of scifi machinery sprites available, so I had to find alternate sources. Wound up making some quick plays in a couple Genesis & SNES roms, snagged some screenies, and ripped what I found useful. I like variety (the tree for example), so instead of using them as is, I let a script mash together a larger object. I collectively call them "flux machina".
LilWhiteMouse
"Stop the world, I'm getting off."

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:50 pm

LilWhiteMouse wrote:
Narglatch do not seem to appear at all. In the Blizzard area, the red icons on the locator still appeared, but the creatures themselves were not there. I'll try a newer version of GZDoom to see if it rectifies the problem.

I'm getting the impression that this is a GZDoom problem, as it works fine for me in ZDoom.

This was the same bug I had before I upgraded my SVN of vanilla ZDoom. I haven't played this map again yet since, though.
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:01 am

I'm using ZDoom r2187 if that's at all helpful.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Kilkakon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 am

Just managed to play a mission and only no-clip once in the AT-AT Hanger (it's wrong) where there were red bars on the lift I couldn't get past.

Pretty fun. :)
Kilkakon
Formerly LeaderOne

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 am

Kilkakon wrote:Just managed to play a mission and only no-clip once in the AT-AT Hanger (it's wrong) where there were red bars on the lift I couldn't get past.

The elevator is bypassed on the first trip, and if you have to return through the map there's a switch that raises the bars to give you access.

[EDIT] On a whim I've expanded the monster droids a bit. I added a B1 Battledroid head, body, and legs, as well as an IG-88 head, and protocol droid head.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:24 am

Any updates on the narglatch problems?

A work in progress map. More or less just wanted to see how well I could do in 2.5 dimensions. Spoiler'd for anyone who doesn't want to see it yet.
[EDIT] Map released so pictures removed.
Last edited by LilWhiteMouse on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Project Dark Fox » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am

Narglatch are a lot more difficult -- but not impossible -- to dispatch. Lots of light blaster and fusion cutter fire but a single well-placed thermal grenade scared the pack off. I liked that.

BUGS: You can jump on the icicle and then on a rock in MAP66 to bypass the key door altogether.
I noticed that most everyone drops full-charge blaster pistols now. This hasn't quite reflected on the ejecting pilots of the AT-STs.
More as they come.
Last edited by Project Dark Fox on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Project Dark Fox

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:53 am

Project Dark Fox wrote:Narglatch are a lot more difficult

So they work in the current GZDoom?

BUG: You can jump on the icicle and then on a rock in MAP66 to bypass the key door altogether.
More as they come.

Fixed.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Project Dark Fox » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 am

LilWhiteMouse wrote:
Project Dark Fox wrote:Narglatch are a lot more difficult

So they work in the current GZDoom?

Uhh, just ZDoom. I can't run OpenGL on this machine right now.

New one: I noticed that most everyone drops full-charge blaster pistols now. This hasn't quite reflected on the ejecting pilots of the AT-STs yet (and I need the ammo! :P).
MAP91 on the top of the cliff has some missing textures that just go into the sky.
Texture is misaligned on the top of the exit of the dark cave in MAP36.
Oh, crap. Pushed USE too many times and I got myself stuck for good on the pushing puzzle on MAP66. :(
Project Dark Fox

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 am

Project Dark Fox wrote:Uhh, just ZDoom. I can't run OpenGL on this machine right now.

At least I know they work in ZDoom, the intended engine. I've heard that GZDoom has(/had?) issues rendering some of my overlapping sprites.

New one: I noticed that most everyone drops full-charge blaster pistols now.

Can't say I've experienced this? The Ithorian and Imperial Captain are the only two enemies with guaranteed pistol drops (no alternate corpse item). Everyone else should be dropping either power cells or a pistol at random intervals (male Rodian's have a 37% chance of a drop). Bear in mind I halved the ammo capacity of the light blaster, so it fills faster to it's max now.

MAP91 on the top of the cliff has some missing textures that just go into the sky.

I'm such a newb. ZETH reported no missing textures, and I couldn't find anything wrong with the architecture. I switched to sector mode to check the heights, and it was only then I noticed the ceiling was incorrectly set to F_SKY1. Silly newb.

Texture is misaligned on the top of the exit of the dark cave in MAP36.

Fixed.

[EDIT]
Oh, crap. Pushed USE too many times and I got myself stuck for good on the pushing puzzle on MAP66

Any idea how? The scripts are supposed to check and make sure there's room for the player at the destination, but I have no delusions that it's infallible.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Project Dark Fox » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 am

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Can't say I've experienced this? The Ithorian and Imperial Captain are the only two enemies with guaranteed pistol drops (no alternate corpse item). Everyone else should be dropping either power cells or a pistol at random intervals (male Rodian's have a 37% chance of a drop). Bear in mind I halved the ammo capacity of the light blaster, so it fills faster to it's max now.

I stress full-charge. :P They give about 5 to 7 shots, when I thought most of the other drop were 10 or 15.

New bug (minor): MAP108 allows you to use the two locked doors normally (even though it is switch-operated).
Spoiler:
Project Dark Fox

Postby Enjay » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:35 am

LilWhiteMouse wrote:At least I know they work in ZDoom, the intended engine. I've heard that GZDoom has(/had?) issues rendering some of my overlapping sprites.

GZdoom has improved quite a bit in this respect recently and such incidences are much rarer. I haven't spotted anything particularly glaring recently in CR. Mind you, RL has been very busy and I haven't been able to check stuff as much as I want to. :(
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Project Dark Fox » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:45 am

Any idea how? The scripts are supposed to check and make sure there's room for the player at the destination, but I have no delusions that it's infallible.

Nervous twitch. There was room on both sides and I pushed USE at least three times uncontrollably.
Project Dark Fox

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Project Dark Fox wrote:MAP108 allows you to use the two locked doors normally

Fixed.

Perhaps change the symbol on the HUD to just a small helmet icon?

Scaled the icon to 32x32 like the other inventory items.

Other updates:
Light repeating blaster heats half as fast.
SE14c always fires a 3 round burst, makes chaingun sniping a little less effective.
Fixed(?) the repeating secret helmets. Might set them up to give you a shield bonus as well.
Added death sprites to the Hoth and Turbo laser turrets.
E-Web2 crews randomly drop shield batteries (don't think this made it to 4.6?)
New gate map. Makes enough for seven unique episodes.
A few other misc map tweaks.

WIP weapon:
Spoiler:

Still no update on the hud. I haven't found a suitable layout.

[EDIT]
The A-280 is in.
Well, here's what I came up with for an expanded status bar:
Spoiler:
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.7

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 am

Version 4.7
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_47.7z
I managed to trim the file size down a little bit.
LilWhiteMouse

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods