Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Chibi Rebellion 4.0

Postby Kilkakon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:41 am

Yeah I was just linked the download, not the thread, hence missing the droid warning. Ammo's pretty scarce at times too, like for most of my latest game I've been having to go back to the weapons dude for the free refills.

To get to the AT-ST I jumped on those grey boxes that look like grey rocket boxes, and then onto the blue crates.

I've loaded the save, the blue door is in map61. The red one's (with the easily jump overable walls) in map92. The only area that's there but not accessible is the area with the ice booties (map54), the caves there can't be fully explored as there's rocks in the way that seem indestructable.

Hope this is helping. :P
Kilkakon
Formerly LeaderOne

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 am

Kilkakon wrote:Ammo's pretty scarce at times too, like for most of my latest game I've been having to go back to the weapons dude for the free refills.

You are continuing your game, and not starting a new fresh one after completing an episode right?

the caves there can't be fully explored as there's rocks in the way that seem indestructable.

You sure? The script is set up to give at least one possible route.
LilWhiteMouse
"Stop the world, I'm getting off."

Postby Kilkakon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:02 am

The first game was in SkullTag, so I thought that was the problem at first and moved to Zdoom for the second game. The first game was fine ammowise, the second was really scarce (had to farm from the AT-AT).

I just noclipped around the caves to see if there was a key meant to be hiding in there, and the passages blocked by rocks don't go anywhere.
Kilkakon
Formerly LeaderOne

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:22 am

Kilkakon wrote:I just noclipped around the caves to see if there was a key meant to be hiding in there, and the passages blocked by rocks don't go anywhere.

Are you sure you just didn't miss a path? The script explicitly sets up one of four possible routes, and randomly clears alternates. I don't happen to see any place where it could fail. I'm sure you already figured it out, but the ice cleats (randomly placed) are required to scale the icy slope and access the upper exit.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Kilkakon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 am

I didn't actually, I just went into the cave first. :P

I was very careful, I tried to jump over many rocks, blast them with the range finder, and everything. They are too tall to jump over. The inaccessible areas didn't have any items, the boots were accessible.
Kilkakon
Formerly LeaderOne

Re: Chibi Rebellion 4.5

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:07 am

The caves are pretty expansive. I know that sometimes I can miss a route altogether, maybe that's what you're doing, too. :?
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:27 pm

LilWhiteMouse wrote:One feature(s) that won't make it though is the replacement/upgraded pistol.

So I lied.
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_46.7z

Both the scatter blaster and new pistol are built in the Chibi armory. Select the holo of the weapon you want to build, then 'USE' the workbench to build it. One thing I did forget was to show how many weapon plans you have. You'll just have to keep track of it yourself for now, sorry.

I've also updated the flickr account with game screenshots.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.6

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:57 pm

And of course, the mirror is up on Treadhead.
Project Dark Fox

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Oh, man, all the neat little toys are coming in now, and it's just getting better and better. Love the extra content.

Bug report time, however.
The Full-screen HUD does not show the proper ammo type for the Repeater blaster. The HUD also doesn't show you anything about the "Shotgun repeater" as I'm going to call it as well.
The heat gauge for the SE-14C will never fill due to the 3 shot burst limit. Is it necessary, then?
I found some HOM on the Northern part of the Giant Wampa map by the icicles, where it ramps up.
Snow wolves (I don't know their proper term) do not show up or interact, nor do they count towards kills. They will follow you and make noise, though.

I'll post more when they come up.
Project Dark Fox

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Project Dark Fox wrote:The Full-screen HUD

I'm not sure when the last time I updated the full screen HUD even was. It still shows the airstrike beacon even. I'm gonna have to come up with something different, as trying to update this one is a pain every time I change something.

The heat gauge for the SE-14C will never fill due to the 3 shot burst limit. Is it necessary, then?

Not anymore. When I first designed it, the weapon was fully auto as it's source.

I found some HOM on the Northern part of the Giant Wampa map by the icicles, where it ramps up.

Fixed.

Snow wolves (I don't know their proper term) do not show up or interact, nor do they count towards kills. They will follow you and make noise, though.

Narglatch. I don't know about this one, they work fine for me. The Narglatch actor is invisible, it spawns the individual animals to form a pack. For whatever reason, they're not spawning for you. Is it just the once, or do they all do that for you? It's never failed me yet.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Narglatch. I don't know about this one, they work fine for me. The Narglatch actor is invisible, it spawns the individual animals to form a pack. For whatever reason, they're not spawning for you. Is it just the once, or do they all do that for you? It's never failed me yet.

Happened in two different maps (A-Wing crash with the icelake, Blizzard, don't remember map numbers at the moment). I need to note they worked just fine in 4.5.

For the record I don't really use the full-screen HUD often, but I flip on the automap often, so I still see it. (It's also nice to know exact shot count, too.)
Project Dark Fox

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Project Dark Fox wrote:I need to note they worked just fine in 4.5.

They're handled completely differently in 4.6. Have they ever appeared for you?

[EDIT] Ok, that was weird. At some point, the player's sprite reverted back to the doom player, though the decorate was obviously correct. The sprite was correct a few maps earlier. I have no idea what happened.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 pm

LilWhiteMouse wrote:They're handled completely differently in 4.6. Have they ever appeared for you?

No. Let me update my ZDoom subversion.

[EDIT] Ok, that was weird. At some point, the player's sprite reverted back to the doom player, though the decorate was obviously correct. The sprite was correct a few maps earlier. I have no idea what happened.

I noticed this once happening when the player is building a new weapon.
Project Dark Fox

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Project Dark Fox wrote:Let me update my ZDoom subversion.

That's probably (hopefully) it. Graf made some changes to projectile behavior that broke hacks like this, then changed it back. With any luck, you simply had a version that the effect was broken in.

I noticed this once happening when the player is building a new weapon.

That's where I noticed it as well. The player was missing a melee state, hopefully that fixes it.
LilWhiteMouse

Postby Osiris Kalev » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Been enjoying this quite a lot. Here's some bugs I found/thoughts:

Chibi Rebellion 08 - Couldn't get to switch in middle after droid killed the guard in the middle. Had no to no clip to get in.
Chibi Rebellion 60 - Some sectors of the map (sectors 103, 104, 101, 123) seem to be set as secrets, even though they aren't really classed as secrets.
Chibi Rebellion 11 - The X-Wing in the top right corner (according to the automap) has a weird graphical glitch where the sides are covered in weird colours. Going off the map and back to it had it come up with a random metal texture of some sort (Could be the version of GZDoom I'm using). Also, the door at the back of the base always seems to lead to Chibi Rebellion 10 (Giant Wampa Level). I'm not sure if that's intended or not though.

Narglatch do not seem to appear at all. In the Blizzard area, the red icons on the locator still appeared, but the creatures themselves were not there. I'll try a newer version of GZDoom to see if it rectifies the problem.

On another note, what do Bacta Tanks do?

The extra decorations you've put around the levels (like the generators for instance) are pretty neat, as is the weapon plan setup you've got in. The space vacuum scene in the Mini Deathstar was quite hilarious.
Osiris Kalev
Chaotic....

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods