Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kmxexii

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.9

Post by kmxexii »

Haha, thanks. I swear regular Doom sometimes leaves my problem-solving crippled.
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

Question to Mouse, will this mod eventually be capable of running without doom? It would make an interesting addition to the custom IWAD library in zdoom.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I considered an IWAD, but never pursued it beyond that. Seemed like more of a novelty then practicality. AFAIK, drop in the proper palette, and Chibi Rebellion would run with FreeDoom's IWAD (though I've never actually tried it).
kmxexii

Post by kmxexii »

In MAP28, none of the three quests from the guy in the bar awarded me any actual credits. I did get a message that said "You combined your small piles of credits into one big one" but nothing actually changed, as far as I can tell. Though, there was an Alliance bonus just sitting out in the open there.

Edit: Oh, haha, nevermind. It's just a setup for the other Lucasarts cameo.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

The credits you receive are separate inventory items, to prevent you from possibly spending them and being unable to advance. They appear as piles of credits on the inventory bar.

Scumm town:
Spoiler:
kmxexii

Post by kmxexii »

Oh, wow. I never played the Monkey Island games; all the adventure games I had growing up were Sierra except for Loom. This is just so dense with stuff it's great.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Updated the first post with the review done by kmxexii.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I'm finally trying to add a feature I've had planned for over a year now but never got around to, dynamic music. When the shooting starts, it switches to more active music, and when things calm down it goes back to something more ambient. Seems to work nicely, I just can't decide if I should use Dark Forces' original scores, or the classic Star Wars movie scores. Any opinions?
kmxexii

Post by kmxexii »

Never having played Dark Forces, I wouldn't even know the difference.
Big C

Post by Big C »

@LilWhiteMouse: Maybe have it select between the two randomly?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Dark Forces ultimately didn't have enough for me to work with, so I went with JK2's music (I thought about using KOTOR's, but it's got a different style with no recognizable movie ties). I dropped the quality and OGG'd to keep the files size down, going from 14mb down to 4mb. There's a switch in the Options room that will disable battle music if you find it too annoying.

I've added a build-able object that will make blaster rifles more accurate, the droid targeter. The rifles will still be a little off, to help stay balanced with the Flash Cannon and Dawnsorrow. Also, I've made them slightly more inaccurate without the upgrade.
I'm still toying with the idea to add a droid follower, in the vein of Lethal Alliance's Zeeo.
Spoiler:
[EDIT] I've increased the intercooler's rate from once a second, to five times every two seconds. Makes it a more worthwhile to build.
kmxexii

Post by kmxexii »

Would this little guy function concurrently with the remote guardian?
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.0

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Current Version 6.0
http://www.prdarkfox.com/lwm/cr_60.7z
Last tested w/ ZDoom 2.5.0 r3435

Walking in snow now makes a sound and leaves a footprint. If people don't like it I can add a switch to turn it off in the options room. Will improve the voxel later when I have better skill with the editor.
New difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard. Normal is a little harder then Doom's default skill. I'll probably add a switch in the options room to allow you change it on the fly.

[EDIT] Post 6.0 changes
EWeb 2 crews can now drop helmet pickups. They also can drop a personal shield generator.
TIE Pilots can now drop TIE pilot helmet pickups. Adding them to appropriate maps as well.
Mar 29
Repair mini game now affected by skill choice. On Normal and Hard skills, there's a chance that a weak point will appear instead of a repair point. Hitting it reduces your repair progress. It appears more often on Hard. Uses a completely different sprite to differentiate it.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Now airing Saturday mornings on the Imperial Propaganda channel:
Check your local galactic listings for time.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

LilWhiteMouse wrote: Image

HAHA WOW! You made that? Now I have a reason to download the mod. :D

P.S. You might want to change clopper, It has a totally different meaning in the brony community.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”