Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Turbo

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.8b

Post by Turbo »

Throwing grenades now works by firing while holding the 'use'-key.

Also, what does the sensor pack do?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Turbo wrote:Also, I downloaded the latest Zdoom 2.5.0 SVN (r3284), and the same freeze bug also occurred there as well.
DL'ing r3284 to see what's up.
Turbo wrote:Also, what does the sensor pack do?
In the bottom of the expanded hud, it shows monster/item/secret counts for the map you're on.
[EDIT] Sensor pack description added to the gameplay notes on page 1.
[EDIT2] I'm not having any problems with r3284 and the range finder. What specifically causes the crash? Zooming? Trying to fire while unzoomed, etc...?
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:[EDIT2] I'm not having any problems with r3284 and the range finder. What specifically causes the crash? Zooming? Trying to fire while unzoomed, etc...?
For me, it happened just trying to bring up the range finder. I did it by accident when switching between weapons when fighting that loader bot. I press fire by accident when the range finders up, it goes to the finder view and bam, freeze. Of course I was running it fullscreen at the time, and nothing would close down ZDoom.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Holding Alt-Fire leads to a freeze, puts the weapon into a 0 duration loop. That's been fixed.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

I found the black jawa market and I'm wondering if the used death star plans do anything.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:I found the black jawa market and I'm wondering if the used death star plans do anything.
No, you can't buy them anyway. I thought about a Lego Star Wars type gag that changed the remote guardian into a mini death star (doing one hit kos), but opted not to. So I made it cost more then you can afford to buy (you can only carry 999 credits) as a simple joke.
[EDIT]
Added the utility belt to the black market jawa.
Added the personal shield generator to the Chibi Base shop.
When a med kit/ration is used, it now leaves behind an opened decoration.
Added trip mines to more of the maps.
Reduced the Dark Trooper's health from 1500 to 1000. Fighting it with a pistol was not fun.
Created an environmental hazard for the boss AT-ST on map 73 "Cargo Transfer Station", in case you're fighting it with a pistol.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Since the player now starts with 10 credits, I thought about removing the A-280 from the buildable list, and moving it to the buyable list. It'd only cost 10 credits (hey, what a coincidence), so you'd be able to grab it in the beginning. This would allow you to grab both the light blaster recharger, and a rifle if a player so chose. Opinions?
Also on the topic of shops, should they have a unique NPC that you use directly to access the shop menu?
I plan to add an Imperial shop, where a less then loyal Imperial (credits are credits, doesn't care where they come from) will sell you Imperial goods like an E-11 and med kits.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Since the player now starts with 10 credits, I thought about removing the A-280 from the buildable list, and moving it to the buyable list. It'd only cost 10 credits (hey, what a coincidence), so you'd be able to grab it in the beginning. This would allow you to grab both the light blaster recharger, and a rifle if a player so chose. Opinions?
Perhaps in a harder skill level you don't get those 10 creds? I.e., Ultra-violence, then all you got is the blaster pistol with recharging ammo.
I do wholly approve of moving the A-280 from buildable to buyable.
Also on the topic of shops, should they have a unique NPC that you use directly to access the shop menu?
Would be cool, but it wouldn't be a problem if you didn't do it.
I plan to add an Imperial shop, where a less then loyal Imperial (credits are credits, doesn't care where they come from) will sell you Imperial goods like an E-11 and med kits.
This would be quite nice, though I imagine the E-11 can't be cheap. Saves a trip back to rebel base, though!
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Generic merchant, jawa trader, Imperial supply officer.
[EDIT]
Added two Imperial shops. Added the E-11 and A-280 to buyable list. The E-11 costs 50 credits.
Thinking of doing away with the bounty system, it just doesn't work. You can go episodes without a single bounty, then make 50 credits in one go. Instead, I'll probably go with Yoda Stories junk method. You'll collect junk from destroyed droids and vehicles, as well as picking up any placed in maps, and turn them in to a junk dealer for credits.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.8c

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Chibi Rebellion 5.8c
http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_58c.7z

[EDIT]
Post 5.8c changes:
Expanded the jawa crawler interiours.
Improved the Imperial prison final map (100).
Improved the Wampa Crater map (21).
Added Boba Fett and the Slave I as a cameo.
Renders of the low poly weapons:
Render of the player's weapons:
Added the black market jawa to two more maps to make unlocking it easier.
Updated the X-Wings to use the current user avatars.
The player's blaster rifles are no longer perfectly accurate. You can still hit a SnowTrooper at medium range. This is to help balance against the Flash Cannon and Dawnsorrow.
No one objected so bounty system is gone.
Junk is in. Haven't placed any in the maps, but appropriate enemies can now drop junk (droids, vehicles, jawa engineers), as well as containers. The rebel requisition officer (shop guy) will buy it from you when you 'USE' him. Junk sells for 2 credits each. ATs can drop at most 3, turrets 2, and droids 1.
Easter egg:
Spoiler:
I thought about allowing the player to slice the lamps, like the ion conduits. My OCD tendencies though would probably have me slicing every light i came across (I'm compelled to smash every container I find), so I've opted not to add this.
Added a new meter similar to the generators one. On maps where you have to defeat all the Snow Troopers a helmet icon for each trooper will appear at the top of the screen.
Related to the above, the "Canyon" map80 no longer requires you to defeat the AT-STs, just the Snow Troopers.
Fixed a bug where the SE-14c became unbuildable.
Added a pickup sound to the junk item.
One more map to go for 9 episodes.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.8c 05/Sep/11

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

A question to anyone who remembers an early project of mine, Lyren: Was jumping up the trees too difficult? The current map I'm working on is similar in nature, but it's quite basic. I'd like to expand it to something more resembling Lyren, but am not sure how annoyed players would be?
[EDIT] If it makes any difference, you navigate the jump parts with a Taun-Taun.
Enjay

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.8c 05/Sep/11

Post by Enjay »

I remember Lyren (I also rember really liking it) and I remember the tree jumping section. As I recall, it was quite tricky and a little frustrating but it wouldn't take much to tweak it to the point where it was still a challenge but was not frustrating.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.9

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Left the jumping map as is for now.
Current Version 5.9
http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_59.7z
There's enough maps for 9 episodes now, not counting start maps.
kmxexii

Post by kmxexii »

Been playing around with this. It's neat so far but I've gotten stuck on the first episode. I've hit three dead ends. The first is the Freight wreckage, where I need a red key to shut down the forcefield. The second is some pit with a defunct elevator and a shaft I need a blue key to access. The third is the Jawa fort. According to the HUD, I need to blow up a generator to progress. I can see the generator through a grate but can't actually hit it with anything. I see what looks like an alternate entrance on that upper ridge but the only other exit I've seen I haven't been through is in the wampa ridge, because it's similarly inaccessible by any familiar means. I'm sure there's something I'm just not getting, but I swear I've explored everything and gotten all the secrets up to this point but to no avail.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

kmxexii wrote:The third is the Jawa fort. According to the HUD, I need to blow up a generator to progress. I can see the generator through a grate but can't actually hit it with anything.
This is where you need to be.
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”