Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RV-007

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.0

Post by RV-007 »

I like the inventory drops from the bad guys (especially the rations), which gives me air in the higher difficulties. I also like the accuracy of the blast rifles, slow but strong. I wonder if there will be a Star War mecha wad?

I got some questions:
Is the light blaster recharger only for the blaster rifle?
Do that hoverbike fly? That would explain it in a hidden facility.
Do iceshrooms add up health?
How come this is only snow world? I know that the Imperial Forces of the Dark Side gather around in deserts, jungles, space rocks, and etc.

And suggestions:
Map names or print messages to indicate what map the player is at.
I think a manual trade w/ weapons would work out b/c I could never figure out what to do w/ poison lol.
Use a quest log so players know how much they have progressed during the game session.
Make Credits + Help screens to explain the basic semantics of the hud and stuff like that.
Make optional quests as alternative ways to go about stuff (e.g. you learn some alien language and can team up with the little monks).
You can make a pre-Star_Wars theme for more variance.
Have multiple classes/paths; I want to use the little monk class to my own robots. Maybe a civillian within the police state works too.
Have propangda tv around (e.g. Join the Dark Side, you get all the cookies you want. Selected winner will get an autograph from the emperor himself).
Let the player hire some thugs.
Let the player makes the shield thing.
Let the player forage for rations (if possible).
Have custom armor that do weird things.
Probably have weapons/skills specialization.
Have a quest to conserve those snow bunnies.
Have random enemies (at occassion) to spawn in covered maps.
Have enemies to drop something that could help build up the shield.
Last, but not least, let the player wield that singular/dual light saber; Laser reflection!
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Is the light blaster recharger only for the blaster rifle?
It only applies to light blaster ammo weapons.
Do iceshrooms add up health?
Up to 200 health.
How come this is only snow world?
It's Jaiyl's homeworld.
Map names or print messages to indicate what map the player is at.
The automap shows the Map ##, and the map name is already printed when you enter it the first time.
Make optional quests as alternative ways to go about stuff
I'll consider adding alternate solutions to some of the puzzles.
Have multiple classes/paths
Everything is centered around Jaiyl.
Have propangda tv around
Half the posters are propaganda.
Let the player hire some thugs.
I considered allowing the player to call in Rebel support, but dismissed it.
Let the player makes the shield thing.
You only build unique items. You can already buy a shield generator.
Let the player forage for rations (if possible).
Already can, just break open boxes.
Probably have weapons/skills specialization.
I determined adding the RPG elements would detract from short term plays.
Have a quest to conserve those snow bunnies.
In the map where you use them, it was my intent to let you keep two as pets. They'd breed, letting you pick up and sell them to the black market jawa (the Rebel requisition officer would flat out refuse to take any). They'd double each episode, until You bought an upgrade from the jawa to have them fixed. It never got this far though, as you don't spend any real time at home.
Have random enemies (at occassion) to spawn in covered maps.
Already do where it seemed appropriate.
Have enemies to drop something that could help build up the shield.
EWeb2 crews already can drop a shield generator. Other enemies drop helmets, or shield batteries.
Last, but not least, let the player wield that singular/dual light saber; Laser reflection!
NO! NO FUCKING JEDI!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:
NO! NO FUCKING JEDI!
Enthusiastically agreed!
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Isn't it about time we nominated this thing for the Cacowards?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Scuba Steve wrote:Isn't it about time we nominated this thing for the Cacowards?
Didn't you already try to nominate 5.0 when it was posted to the archive? I'm sure someone did, just can't remember who. In the end, it was the only nomination and thus never got included.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

And now I wonder why I have not played this yet. Downloading right away, it looks promising.

Heheh, very of a funny game. Although the easy is still a bit "hard" at moments.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

I don't remember, I gave it up :P
SirTimberWolf

Post by SirTimberWolf »

As always an awesome project from LWM. :)

The only bug I noticed (and forgive me if this has been covered already but) was that the imperial medical packs seldom if ever actually did anything. Unless I'm reading the gauge wrong. Even with very little red in the gauge I'd seldom use the kit. I'm using the latest official build of zdoom. I'll mention anything else I find but I'm not through it yet. Just started episode 3. Really enjoying it so far.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

SirTimberWolf wrote:imperial medical packs seldom if ever actually did anything
I can't check ATM, but I take it that the behavior is erratic? It should use it automatically when your health drops below the amount the item heals (either 25% or 30% for imp kits, can't remember). If it's not, then something's borked in the scripts, and I already have guesses given experiences I've had with personal projects using recent revisions.

AFAIK, the only known issue ATM is that the Imperial landing platform maps are bugged. For some reason, the bridge things are lower (or thicker) then they used to be (I haven't touched the maps), preventing you from riding the lift to the top. I'm not going to fix this, so much as I'm completely redesigning the platforms to use 3d floors instead. No ETA on this though.

[EDIT] I just tried to recreate your issue, but haven't had any luck. When my health drops below 80%, it uses an Imperial medical kit without fail. Can you give me any more details on when it fails for you?
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Here are some star wars doom resources in case you want more stuff. I like that pig guy, *oink oink* lol. link
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

RV-007 wrote:Here are some star wars doom resources in case you want more stuff. I like that pig guy, *oink oink* lol. link
Most of those resources do not match the type of style she's trying to maintain. Stop trying to help others.
Also, blocked.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Project Dark Fox wrote:Also, blocked.
And you feel the need to tell him this, why? Does it give you satisfaction?

Anyway, going to check out this mod tomorrow. So far, it looks quite promising!
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

It might give more ideas for the future, but yeah, a mod like Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion takes time for development.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Lava Grunt wrote:And you feel the need to tell him this, why? Does it give you satisfaction?
It gives me no satisfaction. I hate having to block people. It gives him deterrence.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I'll post 6.1 before next weekend, win lose or draw. It's been so long, I can't remember what changes I've made for sure since 6.0, but here's what I do remember:
Some 3d mid texs have been replaced with 3d floors. This gives a noticeable FPS gain for the landing platform maps.
A few voxel sprite replacements.
No new maps, but some of them have been improved (Scumm Town is almost completely rebuilt I think).
Accessing the Hub map with possession of the Sensor Pack will now also display the current hub statistics: KOs, Items, and Secrets. It does NOT include maps you haven't visited yet.
Misc bug fixes.

As much as I would like to, vehicles/ships will not be replaced with voxels. In order to convert them, most would need to be rebuilt & retextured, and that's just too much work for background objects. Things like the AT-ST will remain as sprites, to avoid confusion.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”