Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.1

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Newstuff review has been approved (finally).

Also, I was thinking the other day about this (as I might do it for my own use when a newer version comes) - I could knock up dynamic light defs for the GZDoom users (as a standalone file) if you wanted.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:I could knock up dynamic light defs for the GZDoom users (as a standalone file) if you wanted.
Be my guest. I personally don't use GZDoom.

I really ought to get around to posting 5.2. I just haven't done the next two maps that I wanted yet. Fixes for 5.2:
Removed the LRB view wander. I don't think this made it into 5.1, but I'm certain this effect was giving me headaches so it's gone.
Scum enemies now have a max attack range (except snipers). I had already done this for the SnowTroopers, but never got around to doing the scum. Makes using the Dawnsorrow a little more tactical, so pistol wielding enemies can't attack you from afar.
Debating on whether to add ShadowTroopers.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Debating on whether to add ShadowTroopers.
A little extra spice in an already sweet and spicy project wouldn't hurt. :)
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

v5.2:
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_52.7z

The Rianna & Zeeo map is the only new map. The puzzle on that map will probably look familiar to some. I wanted two more maps, but it's been awhile since I posted a revision, and I don't know when I'll come up with another.

[EDIT] Oops. Forgot to name the map. Oh well, no big deal, doesn't break anything.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.2

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Work kicked my ass today. I just now got your PM and your request processed.
Mirror for Chibi Rebellion 5.2: http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_52.zip
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Revisions for 5.3:
Added a gran with a medium repeater blaster. Similar to the E-Web 2 crew, but not mobile, and no shield. The Scum faction needed a heavy weapon.
Fixed a bug where Kyle & Jan wouldn't appear at Chibi Base in subsequent episodes after their mission.
Forgot to update the dialog script in all the maps.
[EDIT] I'm remodeling the light repeating blaster to better resemble a T-21.
Combos now grant the player a 10s double firing speed powerup. There will be an on screen indicator for it.
OGG'd some more sounds, trimmed the file size down a little.
Misc. improvements on many of the levels. (More enemies, secrets, expanded sizes, etc.)
Slightly increased the Dawnsorrow damage.
Tweaked the first episode so you always start at Jaiyl's home, for continuity purposes.
Lack of a difficulty curve...it became too easy after a while, especially with the shield generator.
Regular SnowTroopers & StormTroopers now behave differently as you advance in episodes. Each episode increases the chance the trooper will sustain fire on the player. By episode IX, they won't stop firing until they run out of ammo/lose sight of the player. Talz and Mandalorians use this behavior as well.
The Remote Guardian now targets narglatch.
Improved the pathing onboard the Star Destroyer.
Added a super shield combo bonus (reflective & invulnerable). Enemy blasters use the same reflected FX as the players shots against shields. It's only rewarded for combo bonuses if you're health + shields totals less then 50.
The Remote Guardian now targets the crate a CLL8 is holding.
The Shield Regenerator is no longer rewarded automatically at Ep3. It's now the Alliance Bonus reward. If you've already received it, then the reward reverts to the old behavior of bacta fluid and a range finder at Chibi Base.
AT-ST now uses concussion grenades instead of thermal detonators. Visual difference only.
Added a cheat room that's only accessible via noclipping.
Slightly increased the activation range for the repair minigame.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

The Newstuff review has been posted. Is this how it looks in GZDoom? The AT-AT is rendered wrong, and there shouldn't be any white fog.
http://www.doomworld.com/php/screenie.p ... w_cr08.png

This is what it looks like for me in ZDoom:

Revisions for 5.3:
Made use of Line_AlignFloor() in many of the maps.
Made use of the 3dMidTex flag on a few the maps.
Got a few ideas for new maps. Nothing sketched yet though.
Modeled the TC9 merc ship used int JK2 & JKJA. Haven't made use of it yet though.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Yeah, I got white fog in the outdoor bits...as I'm not aware of any GZ option to force fog into all maps I assumed it was part of it. It's quite a nice effect too.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

All the maps have their outside fog set to white, but the light level in most maps is set to 255. I did this to keep the maps bright/cheery, so they wouldn't get dark in the distance.

[EDIT] Fixed the biker shadow. Forgot to update the sprite reference in the shadow actor when I replaced the snowtrooper with the scouttrooper.
Dialog now sets the player frozen and invulnerable.
Added a new simple map. Brings it up to eight episodes (excluding start maps).
Started a tutorial start map for Ep1, but I don't care for it. For now, it won't be used until I can find a better way.
Scum can now get reinforcements via the TC9 transport.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

I was having a pretty good time... but I am bothered by the really muddy or poorly scaled textures. It was like they were resized with bilinear filtering instead of nearest neighbor. I would make sure all the sprites are done that way.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

The original Yoda Stories sprites have simply been scaled up, no blurring. Same has been done for some of the original YS textures as well. Others don't scale so well without blurring, so have been left as I originally did them for 1.0 until I can manually resize them like the common door textures.

[EDIT] Working on placing giant wampas in some of the maps if you've already encountered it. It'll be a standard fight though, no tricks. Also took the opportunity to re-render the friendly Taun Taun Rebel using the new textures & model I did for the morph powerup.
Added another unique start level, albeit a simple one.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Just played through bits of it and I love this mod. I see a Cacoward in your future mouse.

One small question, how do you beet the the Jawa Shaman/Shamanes?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:One small question, how do you beet the the Jawa Shaman/Shamanes?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 55#p492436
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Revisions for 5.3:
The Imperial officers (& fleet tech) now carry a proper DH-17. Also gave them unique firing frames. The pistol they drop is also a DH-17, but it's ammo only. The AT-AT/AT-ST drivers still carry DL-44s, but it doesn't bother me enough to redo them.
Improved the CLL-8 fights.
Fixed a bug when using an speeder strike on maps with movable canisters.
Misc. other map tweaks.
[EDIT]
The A280 now has it's own ammo type (it still uses standard blaster rifle clips though). Now the expanded HUD shows 12 ammo when fully loaded, and uses 1 ammo per shot.
Reduced the rifle clip capacity by half. Encourages the use of the other weapons.
Increased max pistol ammo to 150/300.
Fixed a bug where the AT-AT drivers wouldn't wake up and stayed invulnerable.
Added a dialog icon for Jaiyl.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”