Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.7

Post by Project Shadowcat »

TheDoomGuy wrote:When enemies throw grenades, it's just a project attack. Is there a reason you're not making them bounce, not unlike the player's thermal detonators?
I'm perfectly fine with this style of attack; enemies don't generally know how to properly use thermal detonators. (That and did you KNOW how strong of an arm wookies have?!)
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote: If the enemies get tougher in later episodes
The answer to this is 99% no. Once you've passed the Darktrooper mission, he'll appear as a normal enemy in one map, but I think that's the only location he will.
officers and bounty-hunters drop pistols that hold 15 charges. Pilots from AT-ST wrecks still drop pistols only worth 7.
Fixed, they were dropping the wrong item.
One thing I just remembered, troops disembarking from AT-ATs drop rifles like THEY were ammo-depots.
Intentional, given the circumstances. Though I'll test it a few times and see if it needs to be adjusted.
EDIT2: The A-280 is bound to Key 2. Can it be moved to weapon slot 3, like the E-11?
It was supposed to be. Copy/pasted and forgot to edit the slot #.
TheDoomGuy wrote:The main character needs a walking animation! When in chasecam, she slides. :P
Never saw the need to expand on the frames. Third person gameplay is difficult to do in ZDoom, so it's just there for camera purposes.
You should fix them up, or get someone else to do it, at least. Like me, I can if you want.
I've tried, but I'm not a pixel artist. The originals are 32x32, so I just scaled them up with the best settings I could find. If someone wants to redo them, that's fine. I could re-rip the originals and upload them.
Here's the one currently being used:
OLDMA0.png
Here the original, scaled up with no aliasing:
OLDMB0.png
Should I just use the original spites as is?
When enemies throw grenades, it's just a project attack. Is there a reason you're not making them bounce, not unlike the player's thermal detonators?
Originally they were, I think the AT-ST grenade still has the bounce flag, just commented out. Problem is that enemies tended to kill themselves much more often with bouncing grenades, or completely miss the player because the grenade hit a ledge and went flying off in the opposite direction. For Shades of War I tried to come up with a script that would calculate a proper arc for mortar style attacks. I never got it to work though, but I could take another look to see if it'd work in this circumstance.

[EDIT]
Bash has been moved to the Alt(Alt?)Fire. Increasing the delay before the Thermal Detonator attack doesn't feel awkward, and makes the bash more responsive. I just pretend the delay is the player grabbing a grenade from her pack.
I slightly reduced the chance of a rifle drop from AT-AT deployed troopers, but just. Also fixed a bug where the remote guardian could send the deployed troopers flying. Amusing as it was.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Being a bit of a pixel fanatic, I much prefer the unfiltered version. It's got a lot of old-school charm to it (in a good way).

Hmm, I suppose I need to catch up on thew new version, shouldn't I? I'm a bit out of date.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

I personally prefer the unfiltered version. I prefer clearer graphics, anywho. If I was bothered by pixels, I wouldn't be playing Doom. I'll let OGL do the blurring for me. :P
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Captain Ventris wrote:I personally prefer the unfiltered version.
Already in. Doesn't look as bad as I expected. Seeing as I was already in the process, I took the liberty of adding more NPCs and randomizing them. Where as before there were only three scum types, there's fourteen now. There's still only one rebel pilot, but I think I can find some suitable heads to swap out to give it a bit more variety.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Where as before there were only three scum types, there's fourteen now.
I love this quote. I love my scum types. :P

Before a couple nights ago, I had never played this, and god knows why, because it's epic. I have no idea why, or how this has remained so quiet. It is awesome-tastical. Every project you make does something that I've never seen. The AT-AT turning its head separately from its body? That's crazy.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I've grown fond of the unfiltered NPC sprites. Go fig. Kit bashing a few of them I had an idea (add it to the pile, if I can find the top?). Would anyone want to attempt to create their own head using an original as a base, that could get pasted to Rebel/Scum bodies? They'd be used for one-off characters like the rescue targets, bartenders, etc...

Updates:
I felt some maps were unnecessarily large, so I compacted them a bit.
I noticed that Stormtrooper Commanders didn't have any unit sounds, fixed.
Added active sounds to the Stormtroopers.
Added the secret detector as mentioned awhile ago. It's found via a secret, and shows an icon(s) in the lower right of the expanded HUD for maps with secrets.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hmm, I'm suddenly curious to see how out-of-place a certain crazy someone in sunglasses might be... I'm interested. :P
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Attached is a zip with the source images if anyone wants to play with them.

[EDIT]
Like I said, I'm not a pixel artist.
ILWMA0.png
Project Shadowcat

I messed around with the Luke sprite a bit (a lot), slimmed the torso a bit and really redid the head with some pixel manipulation. Also added a small device that most would probably call a Scouter.
I could probably mess around with a couple more or just build my own if I feel like it. No guarantees, I just have so much on my plate. :( (I play CR though because gods do I need a creative distraction...)
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Just a few updates.

Mydia can appear on normal maps after you've cleared her mission. Her HPs are set to the same as regular bounty hunters in those missions, and she tosses her dual rifles when she flees. Behaves the same though.
Completely re-did the AT-AT map structures. See my flickr gallery for a screeny. You can no longer board the AT-AT in the dock map though. That was always an awkward transition to me anyhow.
Added some more secrets to maps without them.
Fixed the missing message on the Transfer Station map (73) when you fix the generator, so you don't have to guess what it did.
[EDIT] Added a special Snowtrooper type, a sentry. He'll stand at his post looking around spewing "What was that?" type lines until you get close enough (or you KO the poor sap).
[EDIT2] More secrets. Added the Yoda Stories Jawa sprite to the NPC scum pool (recolored). Also replaced my model based easter egg with a Yoda Stories edit.
[EDIT3] Improved the Darktrooper map to be a bit more thematic prior to the boss battle.
[EDIT4] Added some green highlights to the white R2 droid.
[EDIT5] AT-ATs can now deploy EWeb2 crews and speeder bikes.
[EDIT6] Did away with the Forest map (#83). Never did like it. Replaced it with another map, kept the name.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.8

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Version 4.8 with all the above changes.
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_48.7z

One new enemy, AT-AT driver, though I haven't had a chance to work him into any of the maps themselves. Hops out of destroyed AT-ATs though.

[EDIT] ACK! I forgot to fix Map83 before uploading. Nothing special, just open CR_83.WAD from the archive and rename the MAP19 lump to MAP83.
supergoofy

Post by supergoofy »

Why not fixing and repacking the zip? I can make a repack if needed.

[edit]

Here is the repacked 4.8 with the fixed lump for map 83

cr_48.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lfgd8j
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2azk3jmdtwh

cr_48.7z
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j85ux8
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?angnxawjzdy

Using +map map83 works ok now :)

p.s.: The mediafire.com mirrors will be alive for very long, as they are uploaded in my account.
Last edited by supergoofy on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

supergoofy wrote:Why not fixing and repacking the zip?
Because it takes almost 2 hours to upload.
Project Shadowcat

supergoofy wrote:Why not fixing and repacking the zip? I can make a repack if needed.
She's still restricted to the confines of Dial-up. Not everyone is blessed with Nice Things (tm).

Speaking of uploads, the Treadhead mirror is up: http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_48.zip
NOTE: Fixed version as uploaded by supergoofy.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”