Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
supergoofy

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.8

Post by supergoofy »

Project Dark Fox wrote: She's still restricted to the confines of Dial-up. Not everyone is blessed with Nice Things (tm).
I can understand that. With this economic crisis I don't know if I will keep having my ADSL connection next year, or even be connected at all.

Thus I decided to attach the fix only, for people that have slow connections and downloaded already the version with the bug. People that downloaded the repacked/fixed version don't need this (it is already included).
Attachments
cr_83.7z
(33.61 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Sorry if my previous post sounded at all bitchy.

I've already made numerous changes, so I'm gonna hold off re-uploading until I have something more substantially different.

Added the AT-AT driver to respective maps.
Set up the AT-AT in the ambush map to go reflective so you know you can't defeat it that way.
I did a quick bantha model with a snow jawa rider, don't think I'm going to use it though. Posted a render on my flickr account anyhow.
Tweaked the Gonk droid's scale, speed, and animation speed.

Stuff I haven't done, just ideas atm:
Toying with a Super Shield powerup idea. Would make you go invulnerable/reflective for x seconds when your health + shields dropped below a certain point, sorta like the bacta fluid.
For continuity, the Gonk is going to drop a universal power cell that'll give some charge to your currently equipped weapon(s?).
I'm thinking of changing Mouse droids to avoid the player instead of charging head(?) first, only to get smashed.

BTW, a background bit about Jaiyl, she can't fly. She's a mechanic first, with only rudimentary piloting skills gleamed from the repair work she's done on speeders. She wasn't even very capable with blasters. She avoided direct confrontations, and when intimidation was required she'd simply sabotage the respective persons equipment. At one point in the CR's development, I had introduced an RPG element via accuracy. At the very beginning, Jaiyl couldn't hit the dorsal side of a Super Star Destroyer with a blaster. Shots were wildly inaccurate. The more enemies she defeated, the more raw exp she gained, which could be used to "buy" training at the Chibi base armory. A few episodes in she'd have enough training to be the sharpshooter that she starts as now/before. I removed this "feature" though, as it penalized those that played episodes from scratch, and simply made things frustrating IMO. Much of the code is still there, only commented out. You actually still collect the exp, it's just unused. Play the game for awhile and PRINTINV from the console. Look for the Bounty_Imperial/Bounty_Other items.

[EDIT] Finally found a canon design for Mydia's ship. A Maka Eekai L4000, though I suspect it won't be fun to model. I like the existing salvage droid's design, but I just can't get it right.
[EDIT2]
Crimson Vendetta II:
Spoiler:
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Some more bugs, the majority of which are from MAP108:

MAP70: alignment for the stairs back down from the keycard are off.
(nitpick) MAP108: Stormtrooper uniform sprite has not received the same treatment as the other NPCs.
MAP108: The Imperial Officer Defect is a midget.
MAP108: One of the stormtroopers likes to spawn out of the map come rescue time.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote:MAP70: alignment for the stairs back down from the keycard are off.
Fixed. Coincidentally, that's the map I'm currently working on. Weird.
(nitpick) MAP108: Stormtrooper uniform sprite has not received the same treatment as the other NPCs.
MAP108: The Imperial Officer Defect is a midget.
MAP108: One of the stormtroopers likes to spawn out of the map come rescue time.
Fixed. Also fixed the active sounds for the patrolling units.
Project Shadowcat

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Also fixed the active sounds for the patrolling units.
Wow, I didn't think that was going to be fixable. =D
LilWhiteMouse wrote:Coincidentally, that's the map [MAP70] I'm currently working on. Weird.
I'm psychic... *does funny hand motions around his head*
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Haven't done a whole lot on this, RL.

Added a simple puzzle to Map70 "Imperial Power Sub Station"
Added a generator icon to Map86 "Jawa Enclave"

Would anyone like a cheat room? Some room behind a fake door that contains all the special (non-puzzle) items and enables previous play-through flags.

[EDIT] New weapon.
Spoiler:
[EDIT2] Added a storage cell item that gonk droids now drop instead. The storage cell will add a little ammo to your currently selected energy ammo based weapon. If it's full, or doesn't use energy ammo, then the cell will check to see what weapon needs ammo, from highest level down. In the case of the blaster rifles, it will top off your current clip. If all your weapons are full, then it will give a boost to your shields.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I've quickly updated the [wiki=Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion]wiki page[/wiki], but it could benefit from some screenshots.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Thank you. I've wanted to do this for a while now, but trying to figure out the wiki format was overwhelming for me. You've done all the grunt work though, so I think I can figure out the little bits enough to keep it updated. Again, thank you.

[EDIT]Updates:
Added an Ion Conduit (KotOR concept/Doom barrel). Shooting it will result in an explosion, damaging everything around it. However, if you "modify" it with your fusion cutter, it will enter an overload status and detonate when an enemy nears it. Worked it into a few of the maps so far.
Modeled a Taun Taun head, and rendered new sprites for the morphed player. The head now looks around and whines.
Gave the AT-ST a different death. The original was left over from the limited Yoda Stories sprite. This one has a more movie feel to it.
Mouse droids now act like the movie versions. They'll run up to you at first, but then zip off "screaming", forcing you to chase after if you want the Droid episode bonus.
Modified the generator HUD display, so it doesn't conflict with the expanded HUD icons.
I want to differentiate between generic Imperial Captains, and the keycard carrying versions. You have to KO them to get the key, but there's nothing to indicate so, which is contrary to everything else. I'm just not sure how I'll do it yet.
Added/modified the posters.
Modified the Snowtrooper speeder bike death to be more movie like. Thinking of modeling a Snowtrooper Scout to replace it and the sniper variant.
Fixed the Imperial Warden erroneously spawning a Snowtrooper helmet.
Improved the blaster shot sounds so they don't cut out quite so often, esp. with ST Commander type enemies.
[EDIT2] Removed my rock fall animation and replaced it with a (IMO) better sprite based effect. This also allows me to use it in other maps with almost no setup required.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.9

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_49.7z
I timed the upload. 3h10m

Added a new first tier branch map
Tweaked the speeder source model (again)
supergoofy

Post by supergoofy »

Project Shadowcat

Download mirror from Treadhead:
http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_49.zip
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Unless an earth-shattering bug turns up in the next couple days I intend to wrap this all up into one wad (won't that be fun), and send a copy over to the IDGames archives. I won't stop working on it after that, but it's to a point I feel it could be considered complete by normal standards.
Project Shadowcat

I'd certainly say so. I haven't noticed any bugs so far after a couple of episodes, though it'd be worth scouring the individual maps once more some time.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Didn't expect anyone to notice. I was gonna wait until it showed up on Doomworld's IDGames archive before I posted a link.

While I'm here, revisions for 5.1.

Modeled a lowpoly T-21 light repeating blaster. Updated the Storm/Snowtrooper Commanders, and Imperial Warden sprites to carry it. Also replaced the LRB pickup sprite with it.
Modeled a snow variant of the Scout trooper, to replace the Snowtrooper sniper and biker. Sniper now carries an E-11s (the old LRB model).
Added two new maps.
Added a proper scope view for the Dawnsorrow.
Flagged the fists & locator to not be given via cheats.
Fixed a bug where you'd lose the Dawnsorrow in the Detention Center start map.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”