Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.7

Post by Project Shadowcat »

So you did; the ZIP version was even reduced 1.5mb.
The mirror is up now here: http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_47.zip

ED: While it seems the A-280 does accept Blaster clips, this isn't reflected on any HUD (that is, the clip icon you had before right below the ammo charge meter).
ED2: MAP26's switches at the bottom when you fall off are very, very broken.
ED3: (consistency error) Heavy blaster troopers (those units that use two men to fire the gun and have the generator when firing) still use particles for their blaster impacts.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote:While it seems the A-280 does accept Blaster clips, this isn't reflected on any HUD
Fixed.
MAP26's switches at the bottom when you fall off are very, very broken.
I've tried a couple switch combinations and they seem to work as intended now.
Heavy blaster troopers (those units that use two men to fire the gun and have the generator when firing) still use particles for their blaster impacts.
E-Web2 crew. Fixed. Also fixed the monster droid's blaster shot that still used particles.
Project Shadowcat

It goes without saying, but even with your ongoing progress on this project, CR has been a hell of a lot of fun.

Suggestion: When you are gifted the Shield regenerator, future missions get a lot easier (because let's face it, shields absorb a LOT of damage). I was thinking that so the missions can remain reasonably tough, that the regenerator works up to, say, 25 to 50 shields? Pickups obviously can go beyond that.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote:It goes without saying, but even with your ongoing progress on this project, CR has been a hell of a lot of fun.
Thanks, it was always meant to be simply fun, though it's taken on a life of it's own. CR has exceeded Shades of War in features, though SoW still has better firefights (and fighting Tankoids is more fun then ATs given the squad based attacks).
let's face it, shields absorb a LOT of damage
Except against Retaliator (sniper rifle) equipped enemies, shields absorb all the damage afaik.
I was thinking that so the missions can remain reasonably tough, that the regenerator works up to, say, 25 to 50 shields? Pickups obviously can go beyond that.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Would a melee smash attack via a quick tap of the primary fire on weapons be useful? Whenever I'm blocked by a tree or ice, I always switch to the fusion cutter to save ammo. Sometimes it's a bit annoying and I'm tempted to just blast my way through though, and it occurred to me a melee tertiary attack would be useful. Wouldn't do any real damage, but I'd set a special damage type to one hit destroy decorations (aside from the generators).
Project Shadowcat

I'd probably use it for more offensive purposes (along with the way you mentioned, knocking out decor), kind of like how you use your fists in the prison. I.e., they get too close, I will get to brawling.
I still wouldn't expect it to do too much damage, though, so it's your call.
Except against Retaliator (sniper rifle) equipped enemies, shields absorb all the damage afaik.
The player takes a very small percentage of damage with shields equipped, which seems realistic enough to me. I'd rather this didn't change. :)

EDIT: The Eastern part of the structure in MAP109 has a BIGBRIK texture. Oops.
ED2: Even when the ship has "taken off" you can still USE the line to board the ship. It'll be visible plain as day on the automap.
Godzilla

Post by Godzilla »

Its incredibly hard for ZDoom project creators, who don't play Doom online to have the motivation to make their wads coop friendly.. but could you please :P or perhaps make a coop version/mode. :)
Project Shadowcat

Oy, the way this project is set up, I'd think that Coop mode would actually be more of a hassle than anything (and not on the author!). Remember, everyone can only be at one map at a time!
Last edited by Project Shadowcat on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla

Post by Godzilla »

Project Dark Fox wrote:Oy, the way this project is set up, I'd think that Coop mode would actually be more of a hassle than anything. Remember, everyone can only be at one map at a time!
Well i'd would work on Skulltag but one player playing and the others spectate which is pretty neat if Lilmo wanted to do a live walkthrough or watch others play through it with him observing the entire time. :3:
Project Shadowcat

LWM = she.
Godzilla

Post by Godzilla »

Project Dark Fox wrote:LWM = she.
I am deeply sorry. I see so many people with similar images and usernames and they always end up being guys. But lwm is seems very sweet. :wink: so she will forgive.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote:The Eastern part of the structure in MAP109 has a BIGBRIK texture.
Fixed
Even when the ship has "taken off" you can still USE the line to board the ship.
You mean the M. Falcon and CR-90? I'll see what I can do.
[EDIT] Deleting the target destination seems to prevent entering without any problems after the ship takes off.
Godzilla wrote:could you please :P or perhaps make a coop version/mode. :)
I highly doubt it. As a favor, I tried to make Chosen run co-op. It ran, but you had to treat it with a deft touch or else it'd break. CR is 10x as complex, and many assumptions are made about the player status.
Godzilla wrote:I am deeply sorry. ...... so she will forgive.
expressions100x100_05.gif
BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!

Or play CR and get out of jail free.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

One thing gets to me: the automatic laser rifle seems a lil to the right a bit, not aiming at the crosshair. Could you move it left slightly?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

chronoteeth wrote:One thing gets to me: the automatic laser rifle seems a lil to the right a bit, not aiming at the crosshair. Could you move it left slightly?
I nudged the repeater over a bit.

Gonk droids now drop random energy cells (pistol, rifle, repeater, shields).
Weapons (minus Fusion Cutter) now have a bash attack. When the weapon is in the firing position, it can be a little finicky to do. I don't dare do anything about it though as it'll make regular attacks more sluggish to start. The only alternative I can think of is adding a new key bind (I'd probably double bind it to the forward or alt-attack key if I used it for example). I'm apprehensive to use any new key functions though, I'm not even using the inventory. The dodge keys are in there, but I don't actually use them, they were copied from Shades of War.
[EDIT] Hm. Or I could move it to the alt attack in the first place. Tap for a bash, hold to toss a thermal detonator. I don't think delaying the TD attack would hurt much.
The first E-11 you pick up no longer comes with a spare clip.
Misc map tweaks.
I've almost got ammo balanced to where I want. I don't care for the player walking around like a mobile ammo store by Ep III.
Project Shadowcat

LilWhiteMouse wrote:[EDIT] Hm. Or I could move it to the alt attack in the first place. Tap for a bash, hold to toss a thermal detonator. I don't think delaying the TD attack would hurt much.
This sounds like a much better idea. :D
I've almost got ammo balanced to where I want. I don't care for the player walking around like a mobile ammo store by Ep III.
I've always liked ammo being a little on the tight side (but not impossible) in the beginning of any game, not just CR. If the enemies get tougher in later episodes, it makes it worth having these large stockpiles of ammo available, so that the player can go hogwild with whatever they have their hands on, whether it be the shotgun blaster or the light repeater.

EDIT:
To clarify the pistol blaster thing I was talking about earlier, officers and bounty-hunters drop pistols that hold 15 charges. Pilots from AT-ST wrecks still drop pistols only worth 7. I'm not sure how you want to address that.
One thing I just remembered, troops disembarking from AT-ATs drop rifles like THEY were ammo-depots. (Of course, given the challenge, this is probably worth the reward!!)
EDIT2: The A-280 is bound to Key 2. Can it be moved to weapon slot 3, like the E-11?
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

This is a really excellent mod. Seriously. VERY creative and original. I have a few suggestions, though. Major props.

The main character needs a walking animation! When in chasecam, she slides. :P

The NPCs are blurry compared to enemies... I'm assuming you ripped them from Yoda Stories, yah? You should fix them up, or get someone else to do it, at least. Like me, I can if you want.

When enemies throw grenades, it's just a project attack. Is there a reason you're not making them bounce, not unlike the player's thermal detonators?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”