Lizard Squad: A cartoony ZDoom mod - Version 5.2b release!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Exterminator: Bigger Backpack Edition (Beta14 releas

Postby inuyasha666 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey, this mod is really neat!! :)
inuyasha666
Banned User

Postby Nate » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 am

lizardcommando wrote:I could probably make another patch to go with the texture-pack that enables max brightness for all levels, that is if there's a way to do it...

I think that can be done by screwing with the colormap lump. I'm not sure it works in GL mode though.

Edit: This is actually one of the oldest hacks around. Take a look at http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=321 for a hack from 94 that does exactly this. And it does seem to work in GL mode.
Nate
Iron Caster

Postby lizardcommando » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:40 am

Oh nice! That's pretty damn nifty! Thanks for the link.
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Postby lizardcommando » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 pm

I've replaced roughly 217 textures for the custom texture pack, I'm still trying to make the standing frames for the ROD309, and I still need to record voice-over for the Beta 15 commercial. Hooray.

For the texture pack, I'll try to release a sample once I get around 250-300 textures done. As far as a new demo goes, I'll go release that once I finish the commercial. The next beta will not have the ROD309 in it.
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Lizard Squad - Beta 1 release

Postby lizardcommando » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Here's the last beta for now. Also, this mod's gone under an official name change. It's called Lizard Squad. Some additional tweaks have been made here and there, the fullscreen HUD has been slightly remodeled. Just read the textfiles for a complete list of changes.

Here's the link to the new beta.
http://www.mediafire.com/?o41cigk5ssbcpow

By the way, the Fullscreen HUD has been slightly changed, it's just not reflected in this trailer.
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Re: Lizard Squad: A cartoony ZDoom mod - Beta 1 release

Postby Sodaholic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 pm

I just wanna say, this mod is really good, and you should keep making it! :) My only complaint is that the bazooka guy's shots aren't that bazooka-like. I think what you should do is speed his projectile up, and add splash damage. Of course, not too much, to maintain balance, but as of right now, it really feels too much like it's just the imp.
Sodaholic
Banned User

Postby Enjay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:02 pm

The Lizard mod has just been going from strength to strength for years. I personally rate it almost alongside something like Chex - something quirky, enjoyable and very much of its own character. :thumb: :thumb:
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby lizardcommando » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Sodaholic wrote:I just wanna say, this mod is really good, and you should keep making it! :) My only complaint is that the bazooka guy's shots aren't that bazooka-like. I think what you should do is speed his projectile up, and add splash damage. Of course, not too much, to maintain balance, but as of right now, it really feels too much like it's just the imp.

I was trying to copy the bazooka shots from Metal Slug. I believe the speed is a little faster than the imp fireball. A long time ago, I actually tried to make it so that the bazooka shots flash different colors like in Metal Slug, but that made it look tacky and ugly.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Seeing these comments make me want to continue on with this project. :)
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Postby Sodaholic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Oh, and something I wanted to mention, it would be kinda cool to have a custom intermission screen, showing the five classes. Kinda like ROTT, which is also badass. :)

And I'll get to work on the voice acting you wanted. :)
Sodaholic
Banned User

Postby lizardcommando » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Custom intermission screen? I had no idea that was possible in Zdoom.
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Postby Kate » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I think he means changing the INTERPIC to something that has the classes on it, kinda like TNT Evilution has the Doom player in a victory stance
Kate
... in loving memory ...

Postby lizardcommando » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Oh. Now that would be pretty neat to do. I don't really have any idea on how to approach this though. :/
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Postby Sodaholic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Something like this:

Just like the titlescreen, except show them in a victory pose.
Sodaholic
Banned User

Postby Enjay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:25 pm

It might be an idea to reduce the size of the Cacodemon replacements a little. In "Tricks and Traps" they were all stuck in these little alcoves, unable to come out or attack:

Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Sodaholic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Actually, I have an idea. Why don't you use the current title screen, and modify it to give them a more pleased look on their face, and then use the same drawing as the one at 0:51 in the video as a title screen instead?
Sodaholic
Banned User

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods