Hacx's Tazer for ZDoom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Hacx's Tazer for ZDoom

Post by Remmirath »

Hey Guys!

I noticed that no one has ever made a PWAD with a Tazer inside, so here I come with mine...

What I've done is a simple DECORATE script, with sprites taken from Hacx. If you want to use it, open ZDoom console and type: give tazer
Tell me what do you think about...

Hope you like it!

P.S.

Sorry for eventual english mistakes
Attachments
tazer.wad
Hacx's Tazer for ZDoom
(96.62 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
CaptainToenail

Re: Hacx's Tazer for ZDoom

Post by CaptainToenail »

Well, it's alright, I was expecting to be weilding a weapon that can stun opponents, but it's basically a shotgun underneath.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

CaptainToenail wrote:Well, it's alright, I was expecting to be weilding a weapon that can stun opponents, but it's basically a shotgun underneath.
Ditto. The name tazer for your weapon doesn't fit the definition.
Dictionary.com wrote:taser
a small gunlike device that fires electric darts to incapacitate a person temporarily.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

- AAAAHH! DON'T TAZE ME MAN!

- Okay, fine, I won't. This is actually a shotgun.

- OH SHIT FUCK OW

- OMG POLICE BRUTALITY
And if I were any more of a jerk I'd ask for a RCMP skin and an airport level as a followup.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Oh, gods, I remember that event. :(
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:
CaptainToenail wrote:Well, it's alright, I was expecting to be weilding a weapon that can stun opponents, but it's basically a shotgun underneath.
Ditto. The name tazer for your weapon doesn't fit the definition.
Well, in that case, it must be an exact copy of the Hacx Tazer. :|

I personally can't believe that sold that for money. It was spectacularly unproffesional- the different enemies all looked like they were from different games, lol.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I must be weirdo, 'cause I really liked HacX. Yeah, the last few levels were obviously rushed and there should've been ten more, but I thought its strangeness carries quite a bit of charm. Hey, there's nothing like a few trippy cyberspace trips to really trip one up. :P

Hehe, I've been tempted in the past to try and do a project to "finish" HacX, but I'm not sure if anyone else would go for it. There's nothing like adding another iWad to Doom's roster.
dennisj1

Post by dennisj1 »

I really liked Hacx, as well. @Xaser, I'll be willing to help you on that Hacx-IWAD project.
Captain Ventris

MAybe with some less Acid-induced, unmatched texturing on the Cyber levels, and with much more story sections to make sense of why you were in China and Alcatraz and stuff, it could be pretty cool. And make the Tazer something that isn't a shotgun, because that was lame. And maybe it's just me, but I found the enemies to be WAY too wimpy. 3 shots with the super shotgun equivalent could kill anything. :|

But don't get me wrong, I'd totally support this project.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I've always wanted to enhance and sort of "finish" Hacx, especially now with ports like EDGE and ZDoom. A few years ago I actually ported Hacx to EDGE, without looking at the dehacked lumped, and it turned out very well. I even made the Uzi reload after 40 rounds rather than do it every time you stop firing. Then the EDGE team added dehacked support, which made all that work useless. :/

This is definitely something that needs to be done! :D There's so many things that the community could fix, such as giving the sprites unique names rather than being forced to use dehacked. The cyber levels need to be go. Maybe we could replace them with something more Tron inspired and have the player use cyberspace exclusive weapons? It never made sense that you could use normal weapons inside of a computer.
Captain Ventris

Snarboo wrote:It never made sense that you could use normal weapons inside of a computer.
Well, considering the lack of explanation, it never made much sense that pressing a button would PUT you inside of a computer.

But yes, the Cyber levels need to go. The idea was good, but the mind-vomit of random repeating textures which did things you couldn't possibly predict upon sight, and the wretched use of invisible stairs and other nonsense was not. They were rather the eyesore.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

I liked HACX since it's one of the few Doom TCs with all original assets created for it. A rarity nowadays when copypasta is law.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

leileilol wrote:I liked HACX since it's one of the few Doom TCs with all original assets created for it. A rarity nowadays when copypasta is law.
How many of us these days would actualy make any money for putting in the time for making a full-scale mod from scratch? :biggrin:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”