Coop Marines v1.66 - 11/11/09

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 13.11.07 10:33 pm

Post by unknownna »

New update. Rewrote most of the marines behaviour in battle. They now try to dodge projectiles etc. No running into death. They also back off more properly. Check it out. Phew... I'm tired. :blergh:
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 14.11.07 10:34 am

Post by unknownna »

New update. They now have a bigger unpredictability factor to them, which makes them seem less like a script running. This doesn't make them dumber, quite the opposite. Check it out will you? :mrgreen:
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 14.11.07 10:34 am

Post by Matt »

The new version doesn't seem to follow the player quite as well... it gets stuck in quite a few places.

A bit too much like the real bots for my liking. :P
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 17.11.07 1:40 am

Post by unknownna »

Big update. Rewrote alot of the decorate. PITA! :evil:
Previous version was very buggy and I realized that I had done some errors to the classic weapon bots.

Now they animate properly and recoil like you (fire rate). I also made them give the illusion of strafing in battle by randomizing the "ThrustThing" action specials.
Last edited by unknownna on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 17.11.07 3:33 pm

Post by unknownna »

Minor fix. Shotgun marines animations and fire rate to replicate the player 100%. Forgot to patch them up like the others in the previous version.
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 18.11.07 3:37 pm

Post by unknownna »

Minor fix. Chaingun marines.

Made the non-rocket marines back-off less before firing. Shotgun marines benefit from this.

I'm sorry if you get annoyed by updates. I'm just trying to make the mod better for you.
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 19.11.07 12:14 pm

Post by unknownna »

from page 1:

19.11.07 12:14 pm
Made the "bots" strafe a bit faster. Also put A_SpidRefire before A_Jump in the missile states. This makes them stop firing if the target is out of their vision instead of relying on the randomness factor to stop firing. Rocket Launcher marines benefit greatly from this.
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 01.12.07 9:43 pm

Post by unknownna »

("damagefactor" is an unknown actor property!)
This is just due to the fact that you haven't got GZDoom or the internal testing build (SVN).

Anyway. New update. Check it out. Lots of small tweaks and improvements. Some new feedback would be cool and appreciated alot. 8-)
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 09.12.07 4:17 am

Post by unknownna »

Skulltag:
Was just messing around the other day. I was chasing myself all around using the chase command. It seemed to me that I hadn't replicated the player animations when using the railgun as good as it could be. I rewrote the railgun "bot's" animations which was a bit PITA...

Zdoom (and Skulltag):
Also, the bots would not react to damage sometimes due to my human error by allowing them to keep firing in the pain state. Fixed.

Suggestions, tips etc are welcome to make these bastards better and better. Cheers. (_)3
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 17.01.08

Post by unknownna »

New update. For those of you who tried out the previous version. Did you notice how choppy some of the marines were when firing? Example, the chaingun and plasma marine. They would go insane, but now I've made them and all the other ones smoother. hehe. And they even aim better as well! :)

Check it out and come back with some feedback if you can. 8-)
Tenement Funster

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 17.01.08

Post by Tenement Funster »

I thought this project died, good to see some work going on in here!
("damagefactor" is an unknown actor property!)
This is just due to the fact that you haven't got GZDoom or the internal testing build (SVN).
I get this error when trying these bots with Skulltag. D:

Would it be possible to make it so the bots follow the player more closely? Something like... when they aren't targetting an enemy, they will follow the player and not dash around erraticly. I have a lot of trouble leading them to places
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 17/Jan/08

Post by unknownna »

New update. I can now guarantee that they will never aim like drunktards anymore.

They do follow you like any normal friendly monster, but it's rather hard for them due to the player speed they've got.
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 26/Jan/08 2:30 pm

Post by unknownna »

26.01.08 2:30 pm
Made the "bots" more aggressive. The "explosion-radius" marines are even more cautious.

Now, if we only could make them follow you better. :P
unknownna

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 27/Jan/08 11:12 am

Post by unknownna »

27.01.08 11:12 am
Made the bots follow you alot better. :) They don't hump the walls as much as they previously did. :lol:

28.01.08 5:14 pm
Even lesser wall humping!
Redboy

Re: "Coop-Bots" Update 28/Jan/08 4:53 pm

Post by Redboy »

unknownna

Thank you thank you thank you.

I'm surprised Coop Bots follow me very well in first map 01 - Much better than dumb dumb from Zcajun :twisted:

I use 2 Coop Bots and 1 Zcajun to stirring up :D

Thank you once again you rock unknownna :cheers:

Sorry I need to ask you can you make them stop itself for a while then go again. Like stop when I stop move etc etc

Also can you make more improve bots for follow player that all I care.

unknownna you are the BEST

KEEP GOOD WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”