New mob exploding

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Melvinflynt

New mob exploding

Post by Melvinflynt »

I made an exploding imp. Here's the 2nd frame of the explosion.

My goal is to try and emulate the style that the game has. This dude is gonna explode when he dies so he's like a moving barrel. What you guys think? I have to go to work now so i'll work on it tomorrow morning.
Gez

Post by Gez »

He's got big balls.
Melvinflynt

Post by Melvinflynt »

Big flaming ones!
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'm reminded of something out of one of those 80's ultra-gore animes where people's bodies gratuitously distend and rupture in particularly disturbing ways...

... :D
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Vaecrius wrote:I'm reminded of something out of one of those 80's ultra-gore animes where people's bodies gratuitously distend and rupture in particularly disturbing ways...

... :D
I don't think that's a bad thing. :D Nice.
Melvinflynt

Post by Melvinflynt »

It's not going to be very gory. It's going to be similar to the Cyber Demon death. I'm adjusting this 2nd frame because they do look like "big balls" near his crotch area. Originally I was going to have him shatter into little pieces but I think this is cooler. More strategy will be needed to take out these guys if they explode. I think the death animation is the coolest thing in the game and I love animated things dying hehe. Anyone here animate? I studied animation for one year but I decided to stick with being a graphic designer. I do some animation on the side.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

It should be the sort of death animation they would get when killed by a plasma gun of some sort, Rockets make them explode; It would be best if the plasma made them implode which your imp sprite appears to be doing.

Nice work btw.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Besides the balls from his crotch, I think it looks pretty good.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”