Doom Enhanced Released - Final Finished Build!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

I just checked it on e1m1, it's just the barrels.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ah OK. It's easy to see how that was done then. Thanks.
Ryan Cordell
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Damn you Cpt. Schrodinger.

Anywho, you can also use ACS to spawn the ambient sounds in the places. You just need a X Y and Z debugger for that.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

But how would you place one over every nukage pool in an unknown level?

BTW, a quick visit to "Barrels 'o' Fun" confirms it's the barrels. :)
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

That must be LOUD.
Ryan Cordell
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Enjay wrote:But how would you place one over every nukage pool in an unknown level?
Patience. :wink:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

If you gib a spectre, its spawned body parts are not transparent. Is this the desired effect?
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Cptschrodinger wrote:I just checked it on e1m1, it's just the barrels.
WARNING WARNING WARNING... aah man, try the Zombie Doom beta in barrels o fun, complete with ripped SW nuke sprites. Was always good for crashing the the old ZDooms. The "revenant in a church tower" trick in Fistfull.wad too. Thank Randy we have decorate and don't have to do stuff like that any more... :P

Apologies to anybody under a hundred years old and who therefore won't know what the f--k I'm talking about.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

are you talking about changing the sounds an enemy makes so it sounds like ambeince. :)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

If the rocket can teleport, shouldn't the Plasma Rifle and the BFG9000 do the same?
Lord_Shadow version 2.0

Post by Lord_Shadow version 2.0 »

My impression is that the rocket doesn't actually teleport, but it 'teleports'. Meaning you hear a sound as it flies by your head. (Unless it hits your head in which case you hear a different sound.)
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Enjay wrote:It might not be seeing them that causes the problem. Just having a load of actors all having calculations done for them can slow things down - whether you can see them or not. In saying that, the boss deaths don't cause me a problem - and I like them.
Hence running for cover, since that's what A_CheckSight checks.

Anyway, I mostly just found the mental image of the ingame Doomguy running for cover from a metagame phenomenon funny enough to share. :P

Also, god damn that clickityclick of the imps gets aggravatingly creepy. :shock: Awesome job.

Lord_Shadow version 2.0 wrote:My impression is that the rocket doesn't actually teleport, but it 'teleports'. Meaning you hear a sound as it flies by your head. (Unless it hits your head in which case you hear a different sound.)
Erm, what? The rocket actually teleports and continuously generates noise...

Say, has anyone tried playing this with their eyes closed yet? :P
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

Heh, I crashed the game in Dark7 map03 by typing "Kill monsters" in the console. They all seemed to be in "Ludicrous gibs!" mode too.
Lord_Shadow version 2.0

Post by Lord_Shadow version 2.0 »

@vaecrius: My impression is it doesn't teleport. It just makes noises as it passes by. The only way to put that sentence explanation into one word is to say that it 'teleports'.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Lord_Shadow version 2.0 wrote:@vaecrius: My impression is it doesn't teleport. It just makes noises as it passes by. The only way to put that sentence explanation into one word is to say that it 'teleports'.
By "teleport" I mean that when the rocket moves over a teleport line it is placed in the sector with the same tag as the line, in the spot where the sector contains a teleport destination thing. I have no idea what you might mean by that term.

EDIT: comma
Last edited by Matt on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”