[Update] Ninja Duel

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Electronic Samurai

[Update] Ninja Duel

Post by Electronic Samurai »

Hey all, I've recently resumed work on my project Ninja Duel. I've been hard at work cleaning up and tweaking the code, the animations, and sound effects used in the mod.

For those unfamiliar with the project, it's a weapons showcase / multiplayer mod set in feudal Japan. The weapons are oriented towards a different style of play than in Doom, emphasizing stealth and subterfuge rather than all-out Rambo tactics. Using these, I hope to create an atmosphere that is both familiar to long-time fans of Doom and unique to this project.

Eventually, I hope to have a series of levels that maximize the potential of this style of gameplay, influenced by movie elements such as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. These will have to wait, though, until I master the finer nuances of Doom Builder as well as the Zdoom's special features.

I've also included a player skin, created with the help of Blackfish's custom World of Warcraft model rips, so he definitely deserves kudos for that.

You can download the current version of the mod here. It requires GZDoom or the latest Zdoom SVN.

Like always, I welcome any comments, criticisms, or suggestions.
Last edited by Electronic Samurai on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalPapat

Post by MetalPapat »

I wanted to try but he found this , i have the version 2.1.7.366 of Zdoom

Script error, "DECORATE" line 38:
SC_GetNumber: Bad numeric constant "Fire 2".

On GZdoom it work : :lol: Nice :twisted:
Last edited by MetalPapat on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

MetalPapat, are you using the latest version of GZDoom or the ZDoom SVN? You'll need either one of those, as ZDoom 2.1.7 doesn't support custom state labels which this mod uses.
MetalPapat

Post by MetalPapat »

That's ok now :) , Thank you WildWeasel

It's a good mod Electronic Samurai , i have no suggestion or critics.
Electronic Samurai

Quick question for the Zdoom collective - It seems that throwing a smoke bomb while blocking with the alternate fire of the katana causes the smoke bomb to collide with the katana's defense and explode. How can I make the smoke bomb pass through the katana's defense?
The NUtcracker

Post by The NUtcracker »

You could use the +RIPPER flag, but then it would travel through monsters too.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

nice update! i wondered what was going on with this. btw you need translation points on the new skin :)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Electronic Samurai wrote:Quick question for the Zdoom collective - It seems that throwing a smoke bomb while blocking with the alternate fire of the katana causes the smoke bomb to collide with the katana's defense and explode. How can I make the smoke bomb pass through the katana's defense?
I'm not sure how to picture the scenario. Does the katana reflect...or just block?

If it blocks, try adding the flag, +FOILINVUL to the smoke bomb.

I'm not sure whether this WAD uses the latest SVN of ZDoom or not, but if the WAD does use the latest SVN, try adding +DONTREFLECT (if the Katana reflects).
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

+GHOST and +THRUGHOST? *shrug*
Electronic Samurai

Bouncy wrote:+GHOST and +THRUGHOST? *shrug*
Aha! Should have thought of that myself. Thanks, Bouncy.

I'm working on a much-requested weapon alternate fire for the next version. What do you guys think about the existing weapons? Do they look, sound, and feel right to you? Are there any that you think could stand improvement?
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

my only complaints are with the coin and dragon rocket launcher. The coin weapon seems completely redundant and useless, especially when compared to the bow, shuriken, etc.

and the dragon rocket launcher lags my computer to hell with all the smoke effects. x_X
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

i think its a cool weapon, they did actually use weapons like tha back in the day, plus it is pretty powerful.

also i think the claw should have a Hold attack, something like the guantlets from hexen, 2 small left and right swings (slightly going forward as you have it now) and the right hook slightly more powerful with a lunge.

apart from that, no complaints at all. just a shame you got rid of my skin pack i made ages ago :P (the model does look better though, but it does need translation points to show who is wearing what colours)
Electronic Samurai

Bouncy wrote:My only complaints are with the coin and dragon rocket launcher. The coin weapon seems completely redundant and useless, especially when compared to the bow, shuriken, etc.
The coins may be individually weak, but it's actually a surprisingly useful weapon under the right circumstances. The coins bounce off walls and actors and are thrown at a high rate of fire, so it's quite dangerous when thrown into a small room or into the middle of a crowd. Also, it's the only weapon that allows you to fire around corners. It's designed to be a chaingun-style weapon, with a high rate of fire balanced by the fact that you can collect the ammunition once they've been fired.

Also, I have no idea how to do translation sprites :D
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

i see the sprites are in PNG format...they cant be translated unfortuatly! you'll have to convert them and colour at least one part of the sprite green, im not sure if you can have custom translation points on a skin...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”