Wow Beastiary, now with Menu! (see 1st post) Updated 8/1/7

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nuke em

Post by Nuke em »

blackfish wrote: [...]Also note that each dude is almost a meg in pk3 form already, so adding more animation will make each dude bigger.
OMG! A meg, it would be the bane of my computer. C'mon that's no excuse. :wink:
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Rip weapons! Rip weapons!
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Nash wrote:Nice Bouncy. Hopefully you release a fullset of at least a few monsters some time in the future. ;)
i'd absolutely love to but they're a severe pain in the ass to recolor. (forced to recolor them since their original colors, are...veeeery frustrating. x_x Just to prove my point...{note that this guy's as rough as it gets since the background's a bad color, too; most of them have teal backgrounds, there's like three that have green}

X_X i think with this image you can see why it's going to be a while for any of these to be released.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Oh that's the thief/rogue/master thief. He's not just a pain in the but to put in DOOM, he's also a pain in the but in the actual game, that remembers me the stupid sound he does when he stabs you, kind of funny though. If you want I can get all their sounds out of M&M7 for you. I know what they sound like by heart. Anyway, if you haven't yet, you should also do the master/apprentice/champion of the sword, this is an excellent enemy for heretic/hexen/medieval .wads. For the background, you can just color it cyan with Photoshop or something, the palette is going to act crappy though.
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

Golden Heaven wrote:Oh that's the thief/rogue/master thief. He's not just a pain in the but to put in DOOM, he's also a pain in the but in the actual game, that remembers me the stupid sound he does when he stabs you, kind of funny though. If you want I can get all their sounds out of M&M7 for you. I know what they sound like by heart. Anyway, if you haven't yet, you should also do the master/apprentice/champion of the sword, this is an excellent enemy for heretic/hexen/medieval .wads. For the background, you can just color it cyan with Photoshop or something, the palette is going to act crappy though.
don't need the sounds but if you want to get them, go ahead.

already did the "blah" of the sword.

I've played MM7 too you know ;)

it's not so much the background that's the issue...look at the guy himself! pink! green! EWW!
Nash

Post by Nash »

No shit, Bouncy. Were they so lazy when they were modelling them that they decided to use MS Paint's default colour palette for the materials?
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

If it's possible, I suggest making a new palette for these kind of monsters, they just look too nice to be morphed into doom's palette.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Mine don't even use the pallette. Instead there's a transparent background instead of the cyan background.

Anyway I got to work on this finally. I took some advice and instead of 6 frames per animation it's 10, and they'll be slightly cleaner and more high-res.

I'll present something in a little while.

edit: here's a gif file generated from the model viewer that I splice in ImageReady if you feel like looking at it.

Wee...
Last edited by SyntherAugustus on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

Nash wrote:No shit, Bouncy. Were they so lazy when they were modelling them that they decided to use MS Paint's default colour palette for the materials?
Actually, no.

The reason why they did that is because the game had three variants of any "type" of enemy, with different colors. by making the colors something obvious/easy to remember, they could remap the palette for the sprites to different, proper looking ones easily. this is just the base materials which I do have to recolor since finding the right palette AND getting it to work right = overkill. x_x

for an old game, it sure did have a lot of colors. >.>
(not to mention able to whip 256 color palettes onto specific sprites/textures only left, right, and center.) >.>

X_x
DoomerMrT

Post by DoomerMrT »

Blackfish is acting again hmm? :) First the CS weapons, for next the WoW characters?

Good work with these!
SyntherAugustus

Ok guys, stormwind and orgrimmar guards are released. They're alot better than the previous stuff posted.

BTW I didnt change the testmap so dont mind the ! sprites.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Do you think you could rip the Water Elemental(if there is one)?
Onslaught Six

Post by Onslaught Six »

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that pic was hands. I personally think we desperately need new hands for Doom in general. Try that out at some point. >.>
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Specially hands with the fingers aimed at the faic like peek-a-boo style.
SyntherAugustus

BlazingPhoenix wrote:Do you think you could rip the Water Elemental(if there is one)?
I can, but bear in mind I cant do particles (you can play with decorate though to fix that.

It'll look like this.

http://max2.tradingsystems.net/waterguy.jpg

Hands are gonna be tricky as I'd have to rip DIRECTLY from the character model. Anyway, I can start working beastiary with random monsters and characters and then make a release if you guys want, or, make some requests.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”