Hideous Destructor 4.7.1c

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.7.1b

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:55 am

Matt wrote:Can you post a sample map? I'm trying to see if there's anything about these lines I can use to detect them.

Alright, I'll PM it to you since it's a single download before deletion, a little under 8 MB.

Would strongly recommend making this map change optional, though, as the nature of removing 'arbitrary' invisible linedefs that block movement can allow monsters to get into ravines and skylines that are nigh impossible to find (rather than destroy at extreme ranges with HD's capable arsenal.) Obsidian also lets you control similar areas in map generation with it's window and cage movement blocking setting, but that's another thing altogether from this bug.
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:23 am

Found where it breaks.

It's a prefab that creates a fence texture (line 2 in the pic) but the actual point of obstruction is the area in front of it (line 1). It's designed for vanilla play to prevent either getting stuck or exploiting the decoration for cover somehow.

It's exactly the sort of thing this tweak is designed to circumvent... so this gets a wontfix for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:11 am

the file is PK7, what is pk7 and how you open it?
ThrashfanBert1994

Postby wildweasel » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:36 pm

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:the file is PK7, what is pk7 and how you open it?

It's a 7-Zip archive, renamed. It will just work with GZDoom, but if you want to extract it, you'll need 7-Zip.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby RubyEyeShabranigdu » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:54 pm

wildweasel wrote:
ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:the file is PK7, what is pk7 and how you open it?

It's a 7-Zip archive, renamed. It will just work with GZDoom, but if you want to extract it, you'll need 7-Zip.

Or Winrar!
RubyEyeShabranigdu

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Abba Zabba » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Matt wrote:prefab behavior

Sorry for not bothering to take a look at this one myself, I assumed it used normal behavior of having the midtexture linedef itself block movement. The logic you're going for here of 100% invisible/open air barriers being nullified does make sense for this gameplay tweak. Just as long as it's a map option like a lot of other HD behavior. Again, I don't want to imagine the kind of humorous sidequests some maps could create when you have a TID'd lost soul fly off into the sunset, or into a near bottomless ravine.

By the way, that recent mag ammo change creates duplicates of some items when they're dropped from the backpack, off the top of my head, general single use medical consumables, like bloodbags, stimpacks, and berserks.
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:04 am

It was actually adding a new full item to everything that was dropped, so if you had two half-full SMG mags and hit Alt Reload it would drop that plus one more full mag for each.

Should be fixed now.
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.7.1c

Postby Matt » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:03 pm

NEW UPDATE!

Highlights of changes:
  • Lots of bugfixes to the Boss and Bronto to deal with the new features introduced in previous releases.
  • Boss can now force load loose recasts using Zoom+AltReload (or holding Zoom while reaching for loose rounds during a reload loop).
  • nomag loadout option for the rocket launcher, turning it into a single-shot weapon with much better maneuverability.
  • Weapon loadout codes are now included in the loadout editor RefID list.
Matt

Postby Eric_ » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:46 am

After selecting tripwires once, a frag grenade icon appears on the automap HUD that lingers even if you drop all your grenades:
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby ZikShadow » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:25 am

Regarding that blocker lines being passable thing, it can actually damage progression in some maps. CountryCide has a ladder that in vanilla you can just collide against to get up, but in HDest, you just pass through it. Granted, there's atleast an alternate way out using doorbusters, but I imagine other maps might employ the technique again.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -17-10.mp4
ZikShadow

Postby Matt » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:12 pm

If the line has a texture then it shouldn't be doing that. o_O

Maybe I should just do this for that one map where it's really awful...
Matt

Postby Abba Zabba » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:22 pm

The new dirty glass window mechanic for invisible barriers is interesting, but makes me wonder if you'd consider adding a generic glass shatter sound to accompany the crumbling shards falling and settling. Would it be too rough on your file size concerns?

It would seem that using the medkit on NPCs (at least, things that aren't player pawns) doesn't suture wounds, but just gives HP back, leaving bandaging as the only option. Could bloodbags be abstract enough in their chemical formulation to restore blood to monsters? Even if they're ship-shape after fighting, they'll crumble like a sandcastle if they bleed so much as one droplet. I know this is relatively minor in the general focus of HD, but since medical treatment on others/patients is already there, it would be nice to have.
Last edited by Abba Zabba on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abba Zabba

Postby ZikShadow » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:48 pm

Is it possible to change how allied resurrects look? It's something that I probably should've brought up a long time ago, but have only thought to put up as a proper complaint now.
Mainly 'cause with archangels and big maps, it's very possible to have hundreds of enemies spewing the smoke effects all at once and pretty much murder the FPS.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -50-19.mp4
ZikShadow

Postby Abba Zabba » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:38 pm

Have to agree with Zik's point, the effect is nice but on some maps, the amount of 'friendly' fire going on at all times can become a bog. Especially when you have healer imps adding to the mix.

Bug: Forgot to mention, but that check for spare room in the rocket launcher's mag when you replace the gyro grenade on the muzzle with a HEAT rocket, causes the gyro grenade to disappear from existence when you attempt this with the compact mag-less version.

Also, Wolfenstein SS drop their 'pickup' items (the guaranteed bonus mag like SMG stormtroopers, but also potential handguns) at an absurdly high upward toss, possibly a remnant from before the gravity overhaul some time ago?
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:48 am

Medikits work fine for me. (tried this by shooting a ZM at a friendly chaingunguy's legs, visually confirming they were bleeding, then patching them up with the medikit and stopping the bleeding.)
Matt

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods