Hideous Destructor 4.7.1a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.7.1a

Postby Matt » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 pm

Abba Zabba wrote:The steps are simple and straight forward in this case, which is why I didn't elaborate. But for a step by step, here's what I just did that also yielded the same result:

1: loaded the range map
2: spawned an archvile, shot it until the final pain trigger causes the fade out death
3: observed that the archvile's 'corpse' doesn't truly disappear when the sprite fades away, it remains as an invisible, non-obstructing, draggable entity that displays dynamic light flickers perpetually, along with registering collisions with hitscan and projectiles, still spraying yellow blood.

....I'm glad I asked for clarification!
(not one of my 3 guesses had even been close)

The archvile is up for one heck of an overhaul anyway...
EDIT: or I could just add that one little thing it needed to fix the reported bug.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods