Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Postby Eric_ » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:55 pm

Second flesh from stapling is non-functional currently. Looks to be the same problem blues were suffering, where they deplete once per heartbeat and are out of your system before they have a chance to actually work.
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:39 pm

I think I've addressed it now, assuming that's the only problem.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Eric_ » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:01 pm

I don't think it worked. It's depleting the second flesh before it ever passes the condition for the if(hdp.beatcounter%12==0){ block and heals your treated wounds. I had mostly fixed this in my local copy by just commenting out the amount--; on line 730. Pain spikes didn't happen, but wounds were healing. Right now you just close your wounds and nothing else happens after that.
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby Matt » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Should be fixed now.

Making a note to myself to actually look at the old code that's being replaced or moved...
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Abba Zabba » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:41 pm

Spoiler: A few things:
Abba Zabba

Postby Eric_ » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:09 am

Zerk isn't being cleared on level transition. EDIT: The same situation happened again and this time zerk did get cleared. I don't know why it didn't happen the first time, but the second time I had a different issue of having extremely low strength at the start of the next level.

I'd also like to file a formal complaint about the current spiritual armor mechanics.

Any time it saves your life, the excess damage gets converted to treated wounds. Reasonable enough when it's rifles and shotguns. Explosives do this and leave you stuck in permanent incap. Zerk is the only way out, and that only buys you the time you have to get to the exit so that level transition can clamp your wounding and fix all but the last 90% of that. I'd still be able to recover from that if not for the aforementioned zerk issue. I now find myself spawning into the next level, still zerked, with only about a minute to clear out the hot start, chug my entire potion, and then die a slow death from comedown anyway. If I didn't have the autosave for the previous level, the entire campaign would be down the drain.

Honestly, I'd rather just have the shield cores in id and never have to deal with this again.
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby Matt » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:08 pm

Weren't ghosts always capable of taking some hits?

HERP jankiness actually feels kinda appropriate so I will intentionally not fix it. (This may be negotiable in the future)

Failure of some drugs to clear on level transition should be fixed now - turns out destroying them immediately was a bad idea.

I have no idea where in the code the damage conversion happens. Will report back once I even figure that out.
Matt

Postby Accensus » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:18 pm

pl_damage.zs, L286. It's not that spiritual armor does it, it's that it allows it to manifest by letting you live. It's a side effect of this.
Accensus

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:18 am

I think I've addressed it.

Also, damagehandlers can now mitigate aggravated damage.
Matt

Postby Accensus » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:44 am

BFGNecroShard probably shouldn't have +COUNTKILL cause sometimes it makes 100%-ing a level impossible if it fucks off to somewhere, like now in my playthrough at the time of this post.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that it doesn't. I got thrown off because it shows up when using the "monsters" command.
Accensus

Postby KynikossDragonn » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:07 pm

Accensus wrote:BFGNecroShard probably shouldn't have +COUNTKILL cause sometimes it makes 100%-ing a level impossible if it fucks off to somewhere, like now in my playthrough at the time of this post.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that it doesn't. I got thrown off because it shows up when using the "monsters" command.

Is this also why the BFG balls "attack" them?
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』

Twitch ID: kynikossdragonn
Github ID: KynikossDragonn
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Abba Zabba » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Seems like the revenant's rocket's smoke trail was broken at some point recently, completely absent.
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:59 pm

Apparently removing +rockettrail is implicit in a projectile exploding. Fixed.

That BFG behaviour was unintended but completely in-character enough that I'm going to allow it.
Matt

Postby Abba Zabba » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:44 am

Seems the addition of that flag didn't fix the smoke trails, unless there's some setting on my end that's out of whack. Particles work, no sprite assigned.
Edit: my mistake, should have specified; the flag addition for particles is now fixed, but my original intent was to notify on the missing smoke sprites.

Another minor thing, but gibbed imps at the very least display their normal/regular final death frame for a split second when a revive attempt begins.

Other than that, could the new berserk tooltip messages be tied to the help text CVAR? Maybe on another value so players could leave berserk messages on while disabling hints.

New stim duration is nice, but it's quite a large amount for a single dose. Maybe reduce the drug volume/duration to a little more than before the revamp, around 2 minutes?
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:32 pm

Can't replicate the imp bug.

The smoke on detonation works fine, I think I intentionally got rid of the actor trail while looking for stuff I could safely tone down to help performance.

<8 minutes is pretty damn short for any drug, but now that I look at the numbers the stims are way too powerful - you can pretty much sprint indefinitely like this. I'll have to make some changes.
Matt

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods