Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Postby Matt » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Thanks for the reports.

This blursphere debugging would be so much easier if RenderStyle weren't private.

The Boss rifle thing was actually intended behaviour to try to make sure the player didn't screw themselves over by never cleaning it, but I see it's probably more confusing than helpful. Changed.

Drug durations are going to be changed as part of this overhaul. I might change them back to approximations of previous values later though, depending.

I think zerk speed has been fixed now? Getting 40+ with ~80 jump speeds anyway.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Eric_ » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:42 pm

Zerk speed has, it was fixed as soon as you actually put the new zerk in the injectors. Non-zerk sprinting is still hitting that really low cap. At this point you need to be carrying over 950 blocks before your encumbrance affects your sprinting speed. And it might actually speed you up slightly to do so, because you can actually stay at 23km/h instead of it constantly dropping down to 22.
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:06 am

I wonder if it might be the fact that encumbrance doesn't by itself affect fatigue, so by slowing you down it actually prevents you from getting more tired too soon after sprinting... this will get a closer look but probably not this weekend.
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Eric_ » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:29 pm

A few bugs more:
Zerk comedown causes a desync in multiplayer.
We've been chasing this one for months and still can't figure it out exactly, but mancubi are also causing desyncs. Best guesses we have so far are either something about their aiming or the explosion of their projectile, I'm personally suspicious of floor and corner collisions because of how inconsistent they can be. Haven't managed to replicate the desync in a controlled environment yet, but mancubi have been the one constant across each occurrence.
Speed's effect on punch damage seems greatly diminished. Punching is much weaker and less consistent as a result. Possibly related to previously mentioned speed cap weirdness?
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Zerk comedown was a nub mistake. Fixed.

I can't see anything causing the desync in the mancubus that wouldn't be causing a desync elsewhere as well. No GUI stuff, nothing that depends on the particulars of a commonly replaced lump, no AI or collision calls that aren't used by a lot of other monsters.

All I can imagine is that DropAdjust might use math that results in different rounding errors in some processors and only with the mancubus is it used enough times in a short period for the difference to matter.

EDIT: There's a PersistentDamager actor that the mancubus ball uses instead of having to call radius stuff every tick. This is all I can think of on HD's end, so it has been commented out.
Matt

Postby Psychodelic » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:41 pm

Hey Matt, how would one disable low encumbrance mode by chance?
Psychodelic

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Psychodelic wrote:Hey Matt, how would one disable low encumbrance mode by chance?
...can you rephrase the question?
Matt

Postby Gollgagh » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:50 am

I think "by chance" was meant to be the idiomatic marker for the end of a query: i.e. "would you [...] by chance?"

Psychodelic wrote:Hey Matt, how would one disable low encumbrance mode by chance?

The encumbrance slider under HD Options is basically a weight multiplier (afaiu); 1.0 is default weight for everything, 2.0 everything is twice as heavy, and 0.0 everything weighs nothing.
Gollgagh

Postby Accensus » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:37 pm

That wasn't the question. Matt recently rebalanced/redesigned the encumbrance mult to somewhat arbitrarily limit the amount of stuff you can carry the lower it is. Meaning that at 0.5 you can't carry twice as many weapons or ammo of the same type, but you can carry a wider variety of those. If on 1.0 you can normally carry a Hunter, a Liberator, and a BFG with some ammo without going into snail speeds, on 0.5 you could probably add a vulc and a rocket launcher as well, but you can only carry about 1 of each, as the number of max spare weapons is reduced. Same with ammo. You are only allowed to carry fewer mags of each type, but you can carry more types overall.

This is now called "low encumbrance mode" and the user is likely asking how to turn it off (thus revert to old behaviour), not knowing that it's directly tied to encumbrance and is non-negotiable.

The change was met with heavy criticism by fans of lower encumbrance, but I can understand the need for these changes. There are addons that kind of work around the hoarding limitations if one really feels the need to become Ivan and carry the entire Russian military hardware in their pocket. Like me.
Accensus

Postby Caligari87 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:40 pm

The way it works now is reminding me a little of how (I think) One Man Army and the old encumbrance system used to work. Which somewhat amuses me because people got upset when OMA was removed in favor of the encumbrance slider, citing that not having amount caps on low encumbrance led them to hoard uncontrollably and ruin their game by having too much stuff. Almost seems like we've come full circle.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Gollgagh » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:35 pm

Welp, that's what I get for talking out of my ass. Also, I hadn't updated either HD or GZD since 4.4.2, so... my foot's pretty far down my throat right now.
Gollgagh

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:15 pm

Gollgagh wrote:Welp, that's what I get for talking out of my ass. Also, I hadn't updated either HD or GZD since 4.4.2, so... my foot's pretty far down my throat right now.
For what it's worth, if it weren't for Ace's and Cali's response my interpretation would have been the same as yours.
Matt

Postby Eric_ » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:19 pm

Any sort of mag that's supposed to drop from weapons - unloading without directly pocketing, the dropped mag from a reload, removing ammo from HERPs, dropping it out of the mag manager, etc. - is instead just disappearing completely.
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby Abba Zabba » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:20 pm

Was just going to mention the same, but in your experience, was it also liberator mags? Because those were unaffected on my end. Haven't tested either 9mm mag.
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:29 pm

If the cause is what I think it is, it should be affecting only ZM66 mags and batteries, and possibly Boss clips.
EDIT: Yup. I really should see if I could unify all these stupid processes......later, it just turned out I forgot to add a "!" to all those calls.
Matt

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods