Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.6.1b

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:24 pm

Bulk bug fixed, but this auto-fire bug (a) totally sounds like something I'd deliberately code in to simulate an awful kludge like this and (b) I can't find the code that causes it anyway lol
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm

NEW UPDATE! This one's a big one.

Highlights of changes:
  • Massive overhaul to the metrics. Lots of stuff will be a good deal closer and slower.
  • Gravity has been adjusted to have things fall at 9.8m/s after falling for 1 second.
  • Scale no longer resets to default on skin change.
  • hd_height can now be expressed in centimetres rather than proportional to the default.
  • Bunch of little changes and tweaks to fit the new physics.
  • Various magic item messages now use the game tip display instead of print.
  • ZM66 force-load message no longer imputes words to the operator.
  • Lots of critical bugfixes related to the height custimization.
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby ThinkSome » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:43 am

Hi.

Are HD changes causing this:
Code: Select allExpand view
Script error, "booster-jets/:zscript.zsc" line 91:
Unknown function CheckEncumbrance
Script error, "booster-jets/:zscript.zsc" line 92:
Unknown identifier 'Cost'
?

Cannot load save game without booster-jets repository either:
Code: Select allExpand view
Unknown object class 'BoosterJetsHandler' in savegame
Unknown object class 'HDBoosterJets' in savegame

Is there a way to tell gzdoom to replace unknown object classes with some dummy floating question marks? I don't particularly like booster jets, anyway.

I have a more serious problem: my heartbeat is red and blood packs do not help. I suspect it is due to blurspheres. Particularly, I think that one of them got "glued" to me. It seems that when you pick up your second blur sphere, they either merge into one or one of them gets hidden and constantly hurts you. I played for 40 minutes without a visible blursphere in item rotation (leaving it by the entrance) and it does not help. 2 maps later it pretty much kills me. HELP
ThinkSome

Discord: @ThinkSome:matrix.org

Postby ZikShadow » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:06 am

If you managed to drop the Ring of Shadows, it means that its effects no longer affects you.
It is most likely that you need medical attention. See this for possible solutions.

ZikShadow

Postby ThinkSome » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:18 am

[quote="ZikShadow"][/quote]

Thanks, I did not know about the burns treatment. Turns out that I had 49% burns. After using up nearly all of the 10 auto-suture guns (have scarcity mod on) on the map, I'm on 0% burns and with yellow health. Now I just need to find some blood packs. I think.

But now I cannot drop the blursphere. Will it become droppable later on? Perhaps when I reach green area with health?
ThinkSome

Discord: @ThinkSome:matrix.org

Postby Caligari87 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:50 am

You probably have aggravated damage, which is invisible long-term stuff (think "space cancer") or old untreated wounds (think "scar tissue"). The only thing that can cure either is blue magic (potions / soulspheres).

But be careful, because if your soul is tainted by using the blursphere, then blues will try to burn it out, usually killing you in the process. You can clear your blurtaint by picking up spiritual armor (helmets), or use an invulnerability sphere to protect you from the cleansing flames before drinking a potion.

(sidenote, the blursphere is currently undergoing big changes so this might only apply if you're playing a version of HD older than the last few days)

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Somagu » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:16 am

Shellshades currently drop a blursphere every time they die, which, while funny to turn around and have them all scramble, should probably not be the case, since an archvile curse can make one drop quite a few.
Somagu

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:48 pm

Oops, forgot that the flag would reset to default on death. Fixed.

I wish I could remember where that red light had been defined though...
EDIT: what the fuck why are the flash frame lights staying on
EDIT: GZDoom bug
Matt

Postby Eric_ » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:24 pm

The red light the shellshade had prior to these changes? Right here.

The megasphere logic (this line and the next) is non-functional - it never gives you spiritual armor, because it's making a check for an "id" lump, which doesn't actually exist in the id IWADs. I tried inverting this logic using lumps exclusive to Freedoom (since there doesn't seem to be anything exclusive on the id side, but there is a FREEDOOM lump that can be checked and shouldn't ever cause a false positive), and the next line throws a VM abort if you aren't given a shield core. This line also doesn't appear to actually function - even if it doesn't abort, the given shield doesn't get activated. EDIT: I see now, it only works if you very quickly tap use. Holding use prevents the auto-activation, it's fairly sensitive. I can't get the IWAD logic working at all, though - it just always fails even if it's pointed at a lump that does exist. Is the value returned by CheckLump simply not compatible in this use case?

Obtaining spiritual armor also still destroys your held blursphere, even though they aren't exclusive anymore. I figured you probably had more plans for spiritual armor/shield cores, but I'm mentioning it in case you just forgot about it.
Eric_
we just don't know.

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods