Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.6.1b

Postby ThinkSome » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:14 pm

[quote="Accensus"][/quote]

12) Thanks, that fixes it.

13) Hmm, I suppose I'll give roomba and followers a try.

9) Ok.

Accensus, (in case you and Accensi on GitLab are the same person) can you please specify the licensing of your mods? I wanted to open an issue there, but GitLab will not let me log in.
ThinkSome

Discord: @ThinkSome:matrix.org

Postby Accensus » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 pm

Accensi is the group name, since that allows me to use the same set of project issue labels across multiple projects instead of having to recreate them for each one. But yeah, I'm the owner of the group. As for the licensing, at the moment it's "don't touch, don't submit anything, report everything as an issue, I want to do all of the work myself." Forks and merge requests have been disabled, but you should be able to freely create issues. Not sure why GitLab won't let you log in if you have an account (you need one to open issues; not something I can control). Alternatively, if you can't figure it out eventually, PM me with the issue here on the forum so we don't hijack the thread.
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Matt » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:11 am

Caligari87 wrote:By the way Matt, I've been tracking the gravity overhaul, and... is it intentional that I can get a 6ft standing vertical jump?

8-)
It was not and I hope things are a little more normal now, though I do recall that before this gravity overhaul the player character was routinely approaching if not surpassing the fastest human sprinting speeds on record.

EDIT: One thing I've wanted to do was to be able to have the player wind up for a big jump like we see in this gif, but the way crouch+jump already works now that would probably create a lot more trouble for a non-trivial minority of people without really adding that much to the game practically. (you could probably climb onto that thing in about as much time as it takes to jump onto it like that)
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Caligari87 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:48 am

Matt wrote:It was not and I hope things are a little more normal now, though I do recall that before this gravity overhaul the player character was routinely approaching if not surpassing the fastest human sprinting speeds on record.

It does feel a bit better now thank you. Still a bit high for my tastes but probably about right for game-play considerations I suppose (In the interest of full disclosure I was also one of probably like half a dozen weirdos who kept the "realistic player speed" setting on)

A bug I just found though: When using the launcher in rocket (not grenade) mode, both HEATs and gyro-grenades only shoot straight ahead. They're not affected by player pitch (or affected very very little). I bisected the problem down to this commit:
Code: Select allExpand view
commit 48b622304264b755b3ef47e1757bc47d38267869
Author: Matt <mchan223@shaw.ca>
Date:   Sat Sep 18 14:05:30 2021 -0700

launcher: remove zoom toggle function and built-in dropadjust.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Abba Zabba » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:40 pm

Was going to say, the gravity was all out of whack. Most recent nerf isn't too bad however, though it could still be a bit reduced. The jump power buff/boost is much appreciated however, the vertical jump felt fairly weak in the past when you had 0 bulk on your person and full stamina. But the gravity specifically still feels too low. I haven't even tested with maps that have low (or high, frankly) gravity sectors, I imagine it's crazy. Would you be opposed to making it a cvar, like how realistic run speeds was implemented?
Abba Zabba

Postby ThinkSome » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:57 pm

14) It seems that picking up a blursphere when you already have a blursphere deletes one of them.

15) What does the clamp function in "int MaxItems = clamp(int(7 * hd_encumbrance), 1, 7);" do? It's part of the backpack code. Since Matt said that I can't wear multiple backpacks, I've been increasing the max bulk +1000 for each I find. But this has the (un)fortunate downside of also scaling the amount of items found in wild backpacks (found one with 1900 and other with 2200 bulk).

15b) Would it be possible to have(draw) an area around the exit, and whatever is dropped in that area would be placed around the player character in the next map?
ThinkSome

Postby Caligari87 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:44 pm

Another bug report, seems something broke crouchsliding today. My only imput is to sprint forward then crouchslide. I take forever to stop and it seems my crouchfactor is being constantly toggled.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby ThinkSome » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:29 am

Speaking of bug reports (iirc tried to throw a garrison armor out of a backpack):

Picked up a backpack to help fill your life with ammo!
Your backpack is too full.
Picked up the garrison armour.
VM execution aborted: array access out of bounds. Negative current index = -1

Called from ItemStorage.GetIcon at hideousdestructor/:zscript/backpack.zs, line 212
Called from ItemStorage.TryInsertItem at hideousdestructor/:zscript/backpack.zs, line 311
Called from ItemStorage.UpdateStorage at hideousdestructor/:zscript/backpack.zs, line 756
Called from HDBackPack.ForceUpdate at hideousdestructor/:zscript/backpack.zs, line 1227
Called from hdpickup.OnDrop at hideousdestructor/:zscript/pickup.zs, line 640
Called from Actor.DropInventory at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/actors/inventory_util.zs, line 301
ThinkSome

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:37 pm

Rocket and crouch-slide bugs fixed, cannot replicate backpack bug.
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby ThinkSome » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:53 am

Matt wrote:Rocket and crouch-slide bugs fixed, cannot replicate backpack bug.

I had multiple battle and garrison armors inside the backpack when this happened. They also stacked under the same item, which I find odd. If it helps:
Code: Select allExpand view
diff --git a/zscript/backpack.zs b/zscript/backpack.zs
index 47f17b14..8d077dea 100644
--- a/zscript/backpack.zs
+++ b/zscript/backpack.zs
@@ -1,9 +1,9 @@
 // ------------------------------------------------------------
 // Backpack
 // ------------------------------------------------------------
-const HDCONST_BPMAX=1000;
+const HDCONST_BPMAX=15000;
 enum HDBackpackItems{
-       HDBPC_CAPACITY=1000,
+       HDBPC_CAPACITY=15000,
 }

enum HDItemTypes
ThinkSome

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:14 pm

Can't replicate, even with the altered capacity. Please post exact steps and what mods you have loaded.
Matt

Postby ZikShadow » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:24 pm

TS, were you playing with the Master/Main version or the stable? The backpack thing you spoke of might've already been fixed aeons ago.
ZikShadow

Postby Abba Zabba » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:51 pm

Getting invalid sound velocity and position errors for spent 9mm casings that are ejected by SMG stormtrooper zombies. Seems like the only instance.

Also, the bloodied medikit sprite showing up in the inventory is great, but it's immense. 50% of the current size would fit well, I imagine. The clean/unused inventory sprite for the medikit is also quite tiny, inversely.
Abba Zabba

Postby swampyrad » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Just discovered a strange bug with the HERP. When I have a HERP in my inventory and try to zoom with another weapon, I get heavier all of a sudden. I think the weight penalty when you zoom to use the HERP as a gun is being applied to every weapon zoom, not just the HERP. I noticed this when I pressed Use and Zoom together to check my status.
swampyrad

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 pm

swampyrad wrote:HERP bug

Great catch. I tested, same result as you.

Another HERP bug I've noticed lately is that sometimes, manual mode firing on the HERP when aiming at a hostile target will start the automatic AI targeting sequence, with constant firing until the target is destroyed, in addition to the function of the HERP adjusting its aim if I move it, since it's still in manual mode when this occurs. Not confusing this with the occasional 2-4 extra shots it does in manual mode when you let off the trigger.
Abba Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods