Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0d

Postby Matt » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:47 pm

Caligari87 wrote:What if imps (and similar creatures) had an internal regenerating "mana" supply that smoothly reduced the size and potency of their fireballs as it's used up, so the more they spam the player the weaker their attacks get unless they get a chance to recharge for a while?

8-)

Heh, only saw this post after I'd pretty much finished implementing the simple cooldown.

Added a very minor speed effect though.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Abba Zabba » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:09 am

Robot # tagging scroll speed is still insanely fast. Also, I noticed that the derp does not have the option to increase or decrease the ID # by one if you hold firemode then hit fire/altfire, unlike the herp.

The new movement and general AI is great, cacos are much more formidable now, almost like free flying opened balloons. Haven't tested the pain elementals yet, they're probably a nightmare. It's awesome to see things no longer fall down and clip into the map's terrain anymore, at least, as far as I've seen. Do you think since the code has them already float/levitate when over air, that it could also randomly thrust them in a direction to either hop down or back off ledges, so they don't become 'vanilla' stuck?
Abba Zabba

Postby JCGemX » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:18 pm

After playing the master version of this, the only thing I found annoying was the constant enemy audio looping, like a broken record at sonic speed.

if there is a fix for this coming, then great, but if not, is there a workaround to solve this, that isn't just making enemies completely silent?

(And I understand if you don't want these kinds of questions here, I'm just annoyed from hearing the audio looping from my recent session and don't want to bother making a codeburg account right now.)
JCGemX

Postby JCGemX » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:01 pm

Update:

So it seems that it has something to do with the "Searching" aspect of the " advanced AI" from "Ugly As Sin".Because as soon as I turned that off, the looping stopped, which makes me believe that it had to do with the enemies quickly switching between "Idle" and "Searching" so fast that their audio altered between "Aggro" and "neutral" constantly.

(It gonna suck not being able to bait enemies, But at least I can now continue playing HD peacefully)
JCGemX

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0d (player skins)

Postby SMG54321 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:04 am

Does anyone know how to install player skins into this mod? There is one i was hoping to try but there is no knowledge of how to install it (or which version of HD it's for) I never really tried to use an hd player skin before but i would like to figure out.

so far i fell like im getting somewhere but these are the errors im getting

hd-4.5.0d with nep.pk7:zscript.zs, line 1: Class HDNepeta has unknown base class HDSkin
hd-4.5.0d with nep.pk7:zscript.zs, line 1: HDNepeta: Non-actor classes may not have defaults
hd-4.5.0d with nep.pk7:zscript.zs, line 1: HDNepeta: States can only be defined for actors.

so i do not know how to fix these issues. Can someone help?
SMG54321

Postby Jarewill » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:40 am

How are you loading it into GZDoom?
It looks like you are loading the skin before loading HDest, so it errors out.
You could try using a launcher like ZDL to setup your load order.
Jarewill

Postby SMG54321 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:31 am

Jarewill wrote:How are you loading it into GZDoom?
It looks like you are loading the skin before loading HDest, so it errors out.
You could try using a launcher like ZDL to setup your load order.

I have tried that. That ver was me implanting the skin file into the main one. That clearly failed, but when i do it correctly. it just doesn't show in the gzdoom player menu! So what am i doing wrong?

Also i am using DML. for my attempts!
SMG54321

Postby Jarewill » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:44 am

It's not meant to show in the player menu.
HDest skins are custom classes that are loaded and used with the hd_skin CVar.
From the errors, it looks like the skin's class name is HDNepeta, so you will have to use this console command:
Code: Select allExpand view
hd_skin HDNepeta

If that doesn't work, you should check what the class name is (or if the addon even loaded) using the hd_showskins command.
Jarewill

Postby SMG54321 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:37 am

Jarewill wrote:It's not meant to show in the player menu.
HDest skins are custom classes that are loaded and used with the hd_skin CVar.
From the errors, it looks like the skin's class name is HDNepeta, so you will have to use this console command:
Code: Select allExpand view
hd_skin HDNepeta

If that doesn't work, you should check what the class name is (or if the addon even loaded) using the hd_showskins command.

that worked thanks!
SMG54321

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Abba Zabba wrote:Robot # tagging scroll speed is still insanely fast. Also, I noticed that the derp does not have the option to increase or decrease the ID # by one if you hold firemode then hit fire/altfire, unlike the herp.

The new movement and general AI is great, cacos are much more formidable now, almost like free flying opened balloons. Haven't tested the pain elementals yet, they're probably a nightmare. It's awesome to see things no longer fall down and clip into the map's terrain anymore, at least, as far as I've seen. Do you think since the code has them already float/levitate when over air, that it could also randomly thrust them in a direction to either hop down or back off ledges, so they don't become 'vanilla' stuck?
Both robots fixed.

Not sure what you mean about the unsticking though the new chase call does have an A_Wander call to try to get it to move out of position.
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Abba Zabba » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Actually, at least with babuins, the code works exactly as intended only when you get within a few meters or so, when the frantic chase kicks in. Otherwise, they're stuck. And they're not trying to ambush in those cases, either. Still, massive improvement to the AI these past few weeks. The monster movement overall, the caco buff as a result of it, the target forgetfulness lending to the feeling of abandoned locations (which makes quiet weapons shine as now there's now many more opportunities to revisit fights later on in a map), it's huge for atmosphere.
Abba Zabba

Postby whateve » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:09 pm

ruh roh, i'm getting another hard crash from shotgun zombies (jackboots?) again.

i'm on the latest package of hideous destructor from codeberg, as of commit e7723a41591623820d0625b412288018fec404b4, using GZDoom version g4.7.0pre-133-g73f73cdf7.

jump to any level, or summon some jackboots, and try to pick up multiple shotguns. Picking up one (any one) is fine, but as soon as I pickup another, BAM access violation. i've got a detailed crash report packaged up if you need it.

edit: ill roll back a few versions of gzdoom - i remember having some problems with it and see if that fixes it.
edit2: yup, arbitrarily going back to gzdoom-x64-g4.7.0pre-91-gf89e6950c made problems disappear. i'm sure it was user error, somehow
whateve

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.6.1a

Postby Matt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:44 am

NEW UPDATE!

Highlights of changes:
  • hd_xhscale is now renamed to hd_crosshairscale. You may need to redo some settings.
  • Roll command is changed. To do a roll, crouch, then hit Jump while you're moving forwards or backwards with no sideways movement.
  • hd_noslide is now an integer. 0=enable both slides and roll combos from crouch; 1=disable slides; 2=disable rolls; 3=disable both.
  • Changed some actor names. "Tango" is now "HDGoon" and "HDMarine" is now "HDOperator". This may break some mods.
  • Major refinements to monster AI and player turning input.
  • Walking sound added for the Freedoom technospider.
  • Scope views are now stretched to correct 5:6 pixel size as long as you do not have a CONFONT lump anywhere. (This is how HD distinguishes LZDoom from GZDoom.)
  • Radsuits now let you function in 20-damage floors.
  • A rounding error in damage calculation has been fixed, resulting in some monsters possibly dying much more quickly (or at all) under certain circumstances.
  • You can now mantle over solid actors.
  • You can now crouch in midair. This helps you get a rolling land after a long fall.
  • Ladders no longer let you drop using only sideways movement.
  • Monsters no longer attack grenades.
  • Pistol aiming now affected by loaded rounds.
  • Lots of other bugfixes.
  • Punching Nazis is good.
Matt

Postby saladofstones » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:39 pm

I'm noticing that even with encumbrance set to 0, pocket capacity and backpack capacity is still being filled. Is it possible to adjust pocket capacity with the console or with any tweaking?
saladofstones

Postby KynikossDragonn » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:39 pm

Is there a reason why hostile actors can see me from practically infinite distance, but my friendly actors refuse to acknowledge the existence of hostiles firing at me until they themselves get hit, or are within feasible shotgunning distance?

I've been trying to see how the Operator/Tango actor attacks at a distance and it's kinda hard to do this when the Operator's never seem to want to fire back until they end up getting killed in the crossfire, or hit and stuck in a pain loop.
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』

Twitch ID: kynikossdragonn
Github ID: KynikossDragonn
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods