Hideous Destructor 4.7.0a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0b

Postby KynikossDragonn » Fri May 21, 2021 7:05 pm

Hey Matt, I tried to clone the repository locally so I could easily pull and test developmental versions (and also play co-op with some friends) but I guess Codeberg doesn't like me because the moment I started the clone it dropped to a abysmal 1 to 6 KiB/s speed, and eventual early EOF error which hosed the entire clone attempt, and now I can't even browse anywhere on Codeberg without it timing out or taking more than 2 minutes for a page to even load.

I tried again using Tor and it was extremely fast and responsive, so I'm not sure what to think, did I find myself on some "You're rate limited" list? Even browsing around the Codeberg site, blog, and back to your repo was practically instantaneous through Tor Browser, but completely unresponsive and timing out on my regular direct connection.

I have no troubles cloning anything off of GitHub though.
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』

Twitch ID: kynikossdragonn
Github ID: KynikossDragonn
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Matt » Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 pm

Codeberg's been having connection issues lately it seems. No idea why.

Pushing and pulling commits from console has been mostly fine for me though.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby KynikossDragonn » Sat May 22, 2021 10:24 pm

Matt wrote:Codeberg's been having connection issues lately it seems. No idea why.

I have a hunch it might be a ISP level routing problem, since if I'm using Tor and my exit node happens to be in a EU region everything's fast.

I was able to finally successfully clone the repo today though, so I'm going to hope it wont break on me if I try to git pull and said ISP level routing problem is happening again.
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』

Postby Caligari87 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:13 am

If speed is a problem, to make cloning quicker you can do a "shallow" clone (--depth=1 I think?) which only clones the most recent commit instead of the whole tree.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Abba Zabba » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:34 pm

Current main build (June 3rd, 2021) of Hideous Destructor along with the stable build of GZDoom 4.6.0 seems to break the manual firing of the DERP; whatever mode the the DERP is in, pressing fire just once seemingly initiates the DERP's behavior of continuous fire on a target until the target is neutralized, line of sight is broken, or the DERP's ammo runs out. Changing DERP behavior modes after this has started does nothing to cease fire, nor does relinquishing manual control of the DERP. Pressing fire while manually controlling the DERP after this continuous fire has started does, however, allow for a faster rate of fire in accordance with your presses, suggesting to me that it is somehow allowing for the normal intended use of one shot per click, along with this continuous attack routine, simultaneously? Bizarre. I'll test with monsters in sight of the DERP next and also see if the HERP is affected.
Abba Zabba

Postby KynikossDragonn » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:07 am

Abba Zabba wrote:whatever mode the the DERP is in, pressing fire just once seemingly initiates the DERP's behavior of continuous fire on a target until the target is neutralized, line of sight is broken, or the DERP's ammo runs out.

I was about to ask if anyone else encountered this because I started noticing this happening too, really inconvenient that it results in a clip dump from just one button press. Though, I noticed this happening before the date you mentioned just now.
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:17 pm

Fixed.

Based on the logic of the code this bug should have been around for much longer...
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Abba Zabba » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 pm

Any idea on why seemingly only frag grenades that are spawned on map load as replacements for at least blurspheres, have a tendency to spawn in the void/past the wall of the area that the actor is originally placed at? For the record, yes, this happens in Obsidian maps, with secrets containing little room or with the blursphere spawn being flush with a wall. It seems to happen only with frag grenades. I've checked several of the secret types and how the sectors are handled, and they're all placed correctly from a vanilla standpoint.
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:30 am

Screenshots of automap with am_cheat 3 pls

EDIT: I have some theories, but:

- is this usually with the "6-pack" arrangements?
- are the outside grenades ever north of where the original item should be?
Matt

Postby Abba Zabba » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm

I will bear in mind to take screenshots the next time I encounter one, and perhaps a zip of the map with the player start spawn moved to be near the blursphere spawn on map load.

No, I don't recall there ever being a six pack bundle of frags in the void, it was always one errant frag, maybe two on some occasions? I believe the six pack always spawns with no thrust since it's oriented in a 2x3 formation. As far as north goes, yes, the most recent example had the blursphere in a small, tight hallway running east, with the blursphere at the end. The frag was in some northward direction of the secret. I'll see if others follow this rule; if so, then it seems like the random thrust of the frag is just clipping them through the walls on map load.

Potentially serious bug (unless I'm misunderstanding it:) latched on monsters, at least babuins, are causing aggravated damage. I was wondering where it came from considering I had no zerk abuse or balefire to deal with yet in the mapset, nor anything else that should affect the 'metaphysical patterns' of the player. With brand new green armor (not sure if the condition matters for melee,) a few seconds of latched on biting resulted in 3 aggravated damage. Another test gave me so much as 8 points of aggravated after I went down to 50 HP! However, in the latter test, I observed that I had absolutely no normal wounds to speak of, despite the 8 points of aggravated damage. Could it be a case where the intended deep wounds capable of being generated from a hell pitbull, are instead being generated as aggravated damage?
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:41 am

No idea then.

The bites causing aggro is intentional - I'm basically assuming some kind of digestive capabilities in monster saliva (and whatever is growing on the film around their teeth, etc.).
Matt

Postby Abba Zabba » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:55 pm

Ah, interesting. I suppose the logic with the saliva vs. armor is that it sort of seeps through? Seems like it should mitigate this somewhat vs. naked, in any case.

Bug: noticing that a hefty, though not immense, amount of pain seems to leave a slight view bob with your heartbeart instead of clearing or going away after you've rested for a while; entering a new level or sprinting for long enough seems to completely diminish it (sprinting for too short of a time seems to gradually reduce it to a very tiny view bob.) Not to be confused with residual stims in your system. Tested this at the range with by simply suturing up one wound with a medkit, and no other factors. Stood still until it was all done, and the effect was produced every time.
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:43 pm

If it eventually goes away it's probably intended. I tried autosutures after "give wound 20" and waited 4 minutes, all clear.
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0d

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:42 pm

NEW UPDATE!
(Versioning note: This release is targeted at GZDoom 4.5.0 and LZDoom 3.87c. It will run with GZDoom 4.6.0 but there is a known issue with scopes.)

Highlights of changes:
  • You can destroy polyobjects again.
  • The id zombie/shotgunguy/player standing/shooting sprites are now aligned with the head.
  • If incapacitated, you can try to get up by facing a wall or solid unstruggling object.
  • Skill levels no longer affect encumbrance. Fire duration once set is also no longer affected, but the lowest skill setting still doubles your cooldown rate.
  • New commands:
    • "netevent derp/herphack" lets you try to hack a nearby robot by deploying your own in idle mode.
    • "hd_rollforward/backward" lets you roll forwards and backwards. This is of limited use but kept for completeness.
  • New cvar "hd_monstervoicepitch". Set to false to stop the randomized monster voice pitches.
  • Added some ability to kick off a wall for some additional horizontal velocity if you need it.
  • Refactored armour, spiritual armour, shields and radsuit into a customizable class of items.
  • Refactored the radsuit and liteamp overlays to a general system accessible by any custom HD item (but not weapon).
  • Players can now slide (and roll) while berserk.
  • You can now put on a radsuit straight from the ground even when your pockets are full.
  • Added François Alcasan as a replacement sprite.
  • Lots of bugfixes, as usual.
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0d

Postby Abba Zabba » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:18 pm

To be clear, with that twenty wounds and four minutes, I'm guessing you meant the normal recuperation after the final bit of flesh mending. This is not what I mean. Even after mild amounts of sprinting, let alone pain from being injured, you'll get this small but quite annoying viewbob that simply persists indefinitely unless you exert yourself hard enough (generally to the point of screen shaking,) and then wait until you're completely recovered. I've tested for three or so minutes in such cases, they never clear on their own, and do not diminish to any degree.
Abba Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods