Hideous Destructor 4.6.1b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0b

Postby shaodoomkahn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:51 pm

DOOM SOULS (doom 1 - 2 meets dark souls)
shaodoomkahn

Discord: shaobrofan#6262
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:19 am

Matt wrote:Seconding Zik. If I'm counting on the robot to be watching that corner I'd rather get an alert than nothing at all.

No progress on the noclip drop thing as I haven't even encountered it myself and no one else has reported it.

Regarding this old topic, what about making a case for the DERP to ignore targets if specifically commanded to come back to you? That way, you have the option of either doing nothing or pointing it in another direction (maybe further into enemy territory to better serve as a distraction and figure out what else may be out there,) or telling it to return to you without it getting distracted every inch it travels, abandoning the return request.
Abba Zabba

Postby Matt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:49 pm

Code: Select allExpand view
da;dcome
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Abba Zabba » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:51 pm

That's actually what I wound up doing after the prior post as I forgot about ambush mode. Would recommend making it an official bind however.
Abba Zabba

Postby Caligari87 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:58 pm

Code: Select allExpand view
alias derpretreat "da;dcome"
bind b derpretreat

Not everything needs to be official, use the tools at your disposal.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Abba Zabba » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:00 pm

HD already has nearly every control under the sun already listed, this one wouldn't break it. Having a command with the express purpose of it following orders to come back to you at all costs officially could help other players because I certainly know that how annoying it is when it frequently gets distracted while it itself serves as a distraction, but less useful than it could be.
Abba Zabba

Postby Doominer441 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Why exactly do bigger demons like Mancubi and Pain Elementals flash teleport fog whenever I shoot them?
Doominer441

Postby ValeriePalerie » Wed May 12, 2021 6:53 pm

Doominer441 wrote:Why exactly do bigger demons like Mancubi and Pain Elementals flash teleport fog whenever I shoot them?

Those demons (along with hell nobles and bosses) have recharging energy shields you need to break in order to damage their health; basically, burst damage or bleeding is your best friend there.
ValeriePalerie

Discord: Val Pal#9747
Twitch ID: Valerie_Lavender
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby kalensar » Wed May 12, 2021 10:53 pm

I despise playing this mod, but I absolutely adore it's concept.
kalensar

Postby Doominer441 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:48 pm

I've noticed a number of what I presume are bugs.

For starters, falling from height doesn't seem to actually hurt me. From a fresh start on Map13, jumping from the top of the green brick building only serves to knock my gun out of my hand and make my heart beat faster, when by all logic I should at least break both my legs.

Second, damaging floors don't seem to actually damage. Standing on the lava in E3M6 behaves as if I was standing on a concrete floor. This seems to extend to other damaging floors as well, including the ones at the end of E1M8.

Third, stimpack overdose seems to be either extremely forgiving or just not functioning right, as taking 15 right after another seems to only make my heartrate monitor go crazy. I would expect this to be lethal, but I seem to be mostly fine.

I'm not sure what information is need for a bug report like this, so my current GZ version is g4.5.0 and my current HD version is the newest available version (4.5.0b)
Doominer441

Postby ZikShadow » Sun May 16, 2021 12:16 am

It's not happening on my end. Could it be the damage multiplier or something being off? Could readjust them and see if they still damage you as much.
ZikShadow

Postby Doominer441 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Yeah, thats what was wrong, for some reason it was set to zero, along with encumbrance. Which explains why I could survive a grenade going off in my hand.

Speaking of encumbrance, is 1.00 REALLY what it should be set to? When the default (non-liberator) rifleman goes into red weight (and even the liberator loadout being red seems a little iffy). Could my configs be messed up, or what's right?
Doominer441

Postby ValeriePalerie » Sun May 16, 2021 8:29 pm

That's correct, yes. The Liberator and it's ammo are /extremely/ heavy and bulky, what I tend to do is pare it down to 2 or 3 mags and remove a few of the other things/stuff them in a backpack.
ValeriePalerie

Discord: Val Pal#9747
Twitch ID: Valerie_Lavender
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby cdru » Tue May 18, 2021 1:25 am

By the way, the invite link to the Discord server is non-functional. Can it be fixed?
cdru

Postby Matt » Fri May 21, 2021 1:02 am

cdru wrote:By the way, the invite link to the Discord server is non-functional. Can it be fixed?

Fixed now.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods