Hideous Destructor 4.6.1b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby ZikShadow » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:27 am

I don't mind the DERP/HERPs staying on shoot mode even when they're empty, it helps for when there's enemies that I can't see. Having a warning that there's something still lurking around the corner has saved me on more than one occasion.
User avatar
ZikShadow
 
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Location: Could be the chair, the floor, or the bed.

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby Matt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:03 pm

Seconding Zik. If I'm counting on the robot to be watching that corner I'd rather get an alert than nothing at all.

No progress on the noclip drop thing as I haven't even encountered it myself and no one else has reported it.
User avatar
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby YeeTee2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:20 am

These new voice lines are horrid and broken, I'll end up killing an enemy and it says "All good here"
Wha?
YeeTee2
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2021

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby Caligari87 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:19 am

YeeTee2, check your addons. So far as I know, HD does not include voice lines (except the player's taunt button). You probably need to contact the author of whichever mod adds the voices.

8-)
User avatar
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant
 
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Discord: Caligari87#3089

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby YeeTee2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Ye, it was the SND addon
YeeTee2
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2021

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby Goyito366 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 pm

hello I love hd, I just want to inform about a solution for those who have problems with gzdoom due to opengl 3.3 they only have to use lzdoom. lzdoom is based on gzdoom but for older software, lzdoom has many gzdoom features and even though it doesn't have all hd it is fully compatible with hd. I would like you to try it, it can be downloaded from the zdoom page
Goyito366
 
Joined: 05 Mar 2021

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby saladofstones » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:30 am

I don't know if its answered elsewhere in the thread (I don't know how to search within a thread) but how does repairing a vulcanette actually work? I've tried figuring it out on my own, and I get a lot of neat messages but I don't know what I am doing or trying to do.
saladofstones
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2018

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby KynikossDragonn » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:38 am

saladofstones wrote:I don't know if its answered elsewhere in the thread (I don't know how to search within a thread) but how does repairing a vulcanette actually work? I've tried figuring it out on my own, and I get a lot of neat messages but I don't know what I am doing or trying to do.


You unload the vulcanette (including removing the battery) then just keep holding the keys to initiate the repair function, then just keep waiting.

Every single time you get a message about something, it means some damage was repaired.

Pay attention to the pickup message when you get a vulcanette, "in dire need of repair" will take a significant amount of time. Anything past that will say "could be salvaged for ammo" is not worth the time to do the repair action for what could possibly amount to several days real time.
User avatar
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』
 
Joined: 12 Dec 2020
Location: Independence, KS, USA
Twitch ID: kynikossdragonn
Github ID: KynikossDragonn
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby saladofstones » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:47 am

KynikossDragonn wrote:
saladofstones wrote:I don't know if its answered elsewhere in the thread (I don't know how to search within a thread) but how does repairing a vulcanette actually work? I've tried figuring it out on my own, and I get a lot of neat messages but I don't know what I am doing or trying to do.


You unload the vulcanette (including removing the battery) then just keep holding the keys to initiate the repair function, then just keep waiting.

Every single time you get a message about something, it means some damage was repaired.

Pay attention to the pickup message when you get a vulcanette, "in dire need of repair" will take a significant amount of time. Anything past that will say "could be salvaged for ammo" is not worth the time to do the repair action for what could possibly amount to several days real time.


Is it possible for the vulcanette to become damaged when trying to repair it? I hear an explosion sound and it makes me paranoid.
saladofstones
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2018

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby KynikossDragonn » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:08 am

Nah that's not a explosion sound you're hearing, it's a "clank", it's actually the same sound the medikit makes when you staple your wounds.

You CAN damage the vulcanette if you drop or throw it, so don't try to use one or repair one while under the effects of berzerk.
User avatar
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』
 
Joined: 12 Dec 2020
Location: Independence, KS, USA
Twitch ID: kynikossdragonn
Github ID: KynikossDragonn
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Postby Caligari87 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm

To clarify, it can take literal real hours to repair a moderately damaged vulcanette to full working order. They're not able or intended to be field-repaired except for really minor damage. If it's behaving bad enough that you can't just keep using it, you're better off ditching it for another gun and looking for a fresh vulc (not a chaingunner-dropped one) because the time involved will be longer than your expected combat zone lifespan.

8-)
User avatar
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant
 
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Discord: Caligari87#3089

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0b

Postby Matt » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:44 pm

NEW UPDATE!

Highlights of changes:
  • hd_resetlives command to reset death counts.
  • Elimination mode now allows effective lives limits above 99 - in other words, it will respect something like a fraglimit of 300 to mean you're in elimination mode with 200 lives.
  • Total refactor of the backpack/container system thanks to Accensus. It's actually moddable now!
  • Lots of smaller fixes for unusual but not rare situations where certain checks were being ignored.
  • Shields are now an item that can be given. Nothing in "vanilla" HD is changed intentionally because of this, besides some consequential alterations to balance, but this does allow for shields in mods.
User avatar
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0b

Postby terrarian_51 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Hello, friends, I'm a newbie here! Despite playing GzDoom mods for a long time, I have some questions about Hideous Destructor mod.
1. Are the latest features of this mod being fully compatible with older GzDoom v3.7.2?
2. How much hardware resources of a PC the HD mod requires for being fully playable with PC?
3. How can I properly make the HD load order and use the loadout codes, using ZDL launcher?
4. Where can I find the system requirements for GzDoom v4.5.0?
Thanks for advance, guys!
terrarian_51
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2021
Discord: 1106
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0b

Postby Burktross » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:34 am

Am I the only one that feels that blue magic and spirit armor are kind of OP? Once I get either it kind of just trivializes the game from there on out-- and if I have both at the same time? Forget it!

If I knew the first thing about extending zscript instead of just mangling the source directly, I'd probably knock potion and soulsphere blues by an order of magnitude, and perhaps divide the
Code: Select allExpand view
&&damage>random(7,144)
magic number for spirit armor from 144 to 48.
User avatar
Burktross
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2016

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0b

Postby Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:37 pm

terrarian_51 wrote:Hello, friends, I'm a newbie here! Despite playing GzDoom mods for a long time, I have some questions about Hideous Destructor mod.
1. Are the latest features of this mod being fully compatible with older GzDoom v3.7.2?
2. How much hardware resources of a PC the HD mod requires for being fully playable with PC?
3. How can I properly make the HD load order and use the loadout codes, using ZDL launcher?
4. Where can I find the system requirements for GzDoom v4.5.0?
Thanks for advance, guys!

1. No, the first part of HD's version number is the GZDoom target version.
2. HD is significantly more demanding on the processor than vanilla Doom, though I've only ever noticed the difference on either older computers (<2010) or slaughtermaps. (The latest pre-release might ameliorate the latter slightly but I haven't tested.)
3. No idea sorry
4. I haven't checked but what I usually do is just download it and try.


EDIT: Burktross: Not ignoring you, just letting anyone else comment before I say or do anything!
User avatar
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests