Hideous Destructor

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hideous Destructor

Postby Keldian » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 am

1.What is MDK?
2.Will there be a bulk limit?
Keldian

Postby Caligari87 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:10 am

1. MDK is short for "murder death kill" (at least in my experience). It's a console command/cheat in GZDoom which deals one million points of damage to the thing under your crosshairs. Previous to this point, Archviles were immune to it.

2. There already is a soft bulk limit beyond which you cannot sprint. I don't think there's an upper limit on bulk.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:29 pm

I'd put a hard limit, but I figure it'd be too much of a mess when something happens outside of your immediate control to give you inventory beyond your limit and you suddenly can't pick things up anymore.

Then again, that's exactly what happens in Pokémon Go and it's not that awful...
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Karl5100 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Is it possible to disable enemies reviving?
Karl5100

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Karl5100 wrote:Is it possible to disable enemies reviving?

They're reviving due to the toxic waste, either destroy the barrels or gib em when near nukage
UnbornDecay25

Postby Caligari87 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Karl5100 wrote:Is it possible to disable enemies reviving?

Not natively, but my HD mutator pack Ugly as Sin adds a "frag spawn rate" module that can reduce or disable the floating green shards. Those shards are what revives enemies.

UnbornDecay25 wrote:They're reviving due to the toxic waste, either destroy the barrels or gib em when near nukage

ACKHYUALLY, destroying barrels releases more resurrecting frag shards, so don't do that, lol. Healer imps and other higher-level demons also release shards when they die, and extra shards spawn periodically on Grimdark / Spooky difficulty. Nukage has no effect on the resurrection shards.

The advice about gibbing is right though. Gibbed and crushed enemies are harder (sometimes impossible) to resurrect, so use that chainsaw to pulverize the corpses when you think it might be a problem.

8-)
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant

Postby Karl5100 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:13 am

I found a bug with the ZM66 when firing in fully automatic, often times when letting go of LMB it would still continue to fire.
Karl5100

Postby ZikShadow » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 am

Karl5100 wrote:I found a bug with the ZM66 when firing in fully automatic, often times when letting go of LMB it would still continue to fire.

To get around prior overheating issues with the caseless 4.26mm round, the ZM66 chamber and barrel are lined with a patented heat-sink polymer that contracts when placed under extreme stress and heat, returning to its original form after having a chance to cool down. This reduces friction with subsequent bullets and allows for vastly increased tolerance thresholds that let the ZM66 continue firing where most rifles will have broken down. This temporary warping sacrifices some accuracy and power under sustained fire, but if you're in that spray-and-pray situation to begin with, chances are you won't even notice it. [a handwritten note reads: or the ensuing cookoff.]

I suspect you haven't read the manual?
ZikShadow

Postby Karl5100 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 am

ZikShadow wrote:
Karl5100 wrote:I found a bug with the ZM66 when firing in fully automatic, often times when letting go of LMB it would still continue to fire.

To get around prior overheating issues with the caseless 4.26mm round, the ZM66 chamber and barrel are lined with a patented heat-sink polymer that contracts when placed under extreme stress and heat, returning to its original form after having a chance to cool down. This reduces friction with subsequent bullets and allows for vastly increased tolerance thresholds that let the ZM66 continue firing where most rifles will have broken down. This temporary warping sacrifices some accuracy and power under sustained fire, but if you're in that spray-and-pray situation to begin with, chances are you won't even notice it. [a handwritten note reads: or the ensuing cookoff.]

I suspect you haven't read the manual?

just skimmed it unfortunately ):

Although thank you for replying
Karl5100

Postby Copenhagen_Bram » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:01 pm

On this matter, why do a majority of the loose 4.26mm rounds you try to load into a magazine explode?
Copenhagen_Bram

Postby Caligari87 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Caseless rounds are basically a bullet wrapped in gunpowder, and forcing those rounds into a magazine (which wasn't designed to be reloaded) causes friction, and if there's too much friction the powder breaks and burns off.

You have to reload those mags slowly. If a round explodes, wait a few seconds before loading another one or you'll be more likely to break it, then more likely to break the next one, etc.

8-)
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant

Postby KuroZeroKai » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:28 am

[imgur]Hi, im not sure if I missed the options somewhere or maybe something went wrong, is there a way to fix having the weapons inventory hud from popping up when ever I use the "use" button, it seems to be binded with what ever key I use for the "use" button say I switch to "Q" it would also pop up with Q and so forth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
KuroZeroKai

Postby Caligari87 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:10 am

That's intentional, the [Use] key pulls double-duty for a lot of things, including at-a-glance inventory. If you'd like, you can set a longer delay in the HD Options menu (I believe it's called "Use Key HUD Delay").

8-)
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant

Postby Caligari87 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:14 am

(hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but figured the thread would appreciate the update just as much as Discord :D )

Hideous Destructor v3.6.0.2 released!
Spoiler: "changelog"
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant

Postby Matt » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Just gotta make a note here about the gendered mugshots:

My understanding is that starting with the next GZDoom release, the following outputs of Player.GetGender() will be:
0 he
1 she
2 it they
3 n/a it

The latest HD release has partial support for this new paradigm, and I've (apparently arbitrarily) used the fem mugshot as the default for the nonbinary character, hence why that mugshot will appear if you choose cyborg under the latest GZD release (which is neuter in the latest GZD master).

Unless I'm told there's going to be a major delay in the next GZD release I'm going to leave it as it is - I'm going to be adding a mugshot customizing cvar anyway.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods