Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.1]

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Afraid I don't see your logic there. And i'll give you that, but I really gotta say that there has to be a better way to do single-player friendly encumbrance without whatever weirdness One Man Army is. And a watered down version of it with lowered weight on items would be my first guess for making it feel better.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I should point out I actually like the way OMA mode works right now, my only concern is that the Liberator specifically is unduly disadvantaged because it has to track more ammo types for reloading purposes. I might decide to just disable checking for spare ZM66 ammo for it.

The alternative would be to go back to the option of disabling encumbrance altogether, and handling weapon balance by other checks. I'd rather not do that just because it adds a level of complexity to the code and inconsistency to the experience.
Silentdarkness12

....Wait, what? Why does the Liberator check for spare ZM66 ammo? It uses 7.76 and rocket grenades, right?
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Reloading supplies.

Your reaction confirms that I should err in favour of mobility though.

EDIT: hey waitaminute

apparently no the Liberator does not count four mil in onemanarmy mode

why is everything so bulky then?

EDIT: it does, the code's just buried in a place where I should never have put it.
Silentdarkness12

Yeah, ZM66 Ammo shouldn't count for the Liberator. If that is meant to explain reloading supplies, then it should be abstracted to not matter.
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:The annoying way would be to give them the Ninja Pirate's invisibility. Perhaps it could be where they are only visible when standing still? Or maybe just replace all ZDoom Stealth Monsters with this shifty shadow demon? Or a ghost?

Also, i've been playing around with new HD a bit, and I have to say that i'm a bit confus as to what the difference is between One Man Army Encumbrance is, and regular encumbrance?
There are variants of all monsters with invisibility in the actor list.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Bug: Not sure if this got fixed or not (about to check), but the day old master build had broken archviles that would lie completely still once woken. They'd run after flinching, but it was this odd slown down run, that did not put nearly the same distance behind themselves, compared to normal behavior (believe they also ran away slow too, after they do their initial fleeing sprint bursts). Mentioning just in case.
Spoiler: Comments
Silentdarkness12

Also, i've been playing on Oblige, and I will say that i'm finding some fairly amazing, ridiculous stashes in some of these backpacks. Such as 28 berserk packs. Or some 30-something pistol mags, lol.

I suppose it'd make sense for survivors to stash everything they can, before dying, but le oof. Almost seems a bit extreme xD
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Yeah, backpacks are great, but damn if they aren't overstocked most of the time. Often times they have way too much. Backpacks often tell a story about who handled it last (like a medic's backpack, or a shotgun soldier's backpack), but the amounts are huge, especially for rare items.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Not all the monsters - no stealth spectres or cyberdemons to replace.

AZ: Oops, forgot to get rid of that frame I was using to test the new pain check without having my entire screen covered in smoke and flames in the process. Fixed.
Silentdarkness12

Well, I got told a story of somebody with a crippling addiction to their pistol. :P
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Vae, the current master playerturn.txt has me pivoting on my ass cheeks, it's insane. Reverted to normal so I didn't feel like I was going to fall over. I hope this is just a test and not something you were seriously considering, haha.

Bug: Latest master has a problem with both 9mm guns; when unloading the pistol and/or the SMG, both eject two chambered (or two frames of the same loose round?) rounds that have an ammo value of 0. Not sure if this is related to the 0 count 'full' SMG mag pickup that spawns in bundles, but this bug currently eats up a round that you can't ever have. ZM66 seems unaffected.
Matt

Post by Matt »

It's been like that for a while now, it's just triggered much earlier.

Can you unpack the bug report a bit, or at least confirm this is what you mean:

1. grab SMG or pistol
2. unload mag
3. unload chamber
Expected 4: single 9mm round pops out
Actual 4: 2 9mm casings pop out
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Everything is normal up until the actual actor that is ejected. The best way I can describe it would be that both the SMG and the pistol eject a 9mm round that has two pickup frames register when you grab it, with a value amount of 0 set to it, meaning it works normally but gives you no loose9mm item in your player inventory.
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

9mm feels a bit OP, a DERP 2shot a babuin. Is that working as intended?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”