Hideous Destructor 4.2.4b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:04 pm

Fixed.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:24 am

Another update related to the attack offset:
Matt

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:55 am

Hey, y'all remember that thing about recoil and muzzle climb from here? I finally got around to adding it.
Matt

Postby RazTK » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:02 am

The archive is corrupted.
RazTK

Postby lizardcommando » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:06 am

Same here.
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:18 am

I swear my my ability to upload this thing properly is cursed... or maybe I should wait until daytime when I'm rested or something instead of worrying that my hard drive will die in my sleep... well, at least it's not directly my fault this time.

It should work now.
Matt

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:46 am

Another update (and yes I've checked to make sure the download works this time)!

Now there's a hudmsg telling you in a coop (or "-host 1") game your score based on what you've killed and how many times you've died, committed suicide, or killed a teammate.
Matt

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:28 am

Future updates can be found here.
Last edited by Matt on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Postby Ryan Cordell » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:02 am

Just started to play it..

This is one of the coolest mods I've played. IMO. :)
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Heh, thanks.

Also thanks for pointing out the bad keyconf lump I'd been using this whole time ^^;

(update: HD no longer tampers with the default Doom bindings.
Also new URL: http://members.shaw.ca/vaecrius/hd/ )
Matt

Postby The NUtcracker » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:42 pm

I just downloaded it, and I already like it a lot!
The NUtcracker
I refuse to create a custom title.

Postby JacKThERiPPeR » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:40 am

Downloaded it. Really awesome!
JacKThERiPPeR
JACK ASPARRAGUS!!!

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:23 am

Thanks.

Anyway, another somewhat biggish update:
Added a new cvar, hd_noautoreload. Setting this to zero or leaving it undefined means that firing an empty weapon has you attempt to reload it, as before. Setting it to one, however, means that you must press the reload key to reload. I've died quite a few times reloading when I should have switched weapons, and it's probably asking too much to have the player train to release the fire button at exactly the right time to avoid such a fate.

Exception for the rifle's underslung grenade launcher: with hd_noautoreload 1, release the altfire after you've fired a grenade, then press it again to reload the grenade launcher without reloading the rifle first.

Coming up: Changes to movement. I want to have a realistic running pace, but a special option to sprint for a limited period of time so that you can reach most vanilla Doom jumping spots. And no, you wouldn't be able to fire while sprinting...
Matt

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:37 pm

Anyone willed to compile a GZDoom version that is capable of running this?
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby The NUtcracker » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:43 pm

I got a lot of free time, and I'm very bored, so I'm going to try to, but don't be complaining if I don't accomplish anything.
The NUtcracker
I refuse to create a custom title.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods