Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated July 7, 2014]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!
EDIT: HOTFIX: removed bad textures.txt, please re-download if your file is "hd20140707.zip" instead of "hd20140707a.zip"!

Changes:
  • Bugfix: If you were to use altfire on the grenades to pull the pin and drop the spoon, then hold primary fire indefinitely, right after throwing the first grenade you would proceed to pick up and pull the pin on a second, making it very easy to inadvertently throw 2 grenades. Now you must release the primary fire.
  • Bugfix: More missing textures referenced in ANIMDEFS.
  • Added cvar hd_nobots. If set to true, when you spawn a bot you get a rifleman instead. Also works in deathmatch and teamgames! This is very buggy so use at your own risk: in particular, after a few minutes everything slows down to single-digit framerates until you're forced to quit. I have no idea what causes this.oops forgot to delete that
  • Gave ZM66 priority over SMG when respawning.
  • Increased rocket starting impact damage.
  • Reduced chaingun cell capacity to 30000 to get around this stupid SBARINFO bug where a bar shows empty if you've got more than 33000 or so of something.
  • Switched to a much more minimalistic fire mode HUD.
  • Made the "The fuze is lit! Remember to throw!" warning a bit smaller now that we have a blinking warning on the HUD.
Last edited by Matt on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

The two rifle thing was caused by me turning off "Always Switch On Pickup" and forgetting about it.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I was never happy with the way that worked and have turned a blind eye to it too long. Fixed for next release.
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated July 14, 2014]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Changed the way switching between rifle variants works. Old way, you'd pick up any gun you wanted, then when you selected the rifle you would dump whichever guns you did not select, meaning you could transport 2-3 guns to different places if you turn on "neverswitchonpickup". Now you drop your old gun immediately, and automatically select the new gun if the gun being dropped is the one you have out.
  • The exiled bots are now invisible.
  • Medikits cause fatigue.
  • Got rid of some useless bot-replacer code.
  • Just for the record: After a horrifically embarrassing death involving a little spectre, 2 of 3 zombies around a corner dispatched with the SSG, a perfectly timed jam, and a pistol-prohibiting mental state of panic, I think I'll leave the manual pump as default.
Derek Larp

Post by Derek Larp »

First of all, hi everyone and props for Vaecrius for making this great mod.

Now, I have a feature request you might want to consider:

Right now we have those two hud modes that display the ammunition in the magazine, the selected item, and more or less additional info if you stop and press use. How about if on the 'minimal hud' the ammo bar is also hidden by default and only visible by pressing use?
I don't know about others, but I always play with the screen 'maxed out' and pop it down a notch to check ammo or interact with the inventory, which works most of the time, but in tough spot where you have to quickly select an item it gets a bit cumbersome, and sometimes you forget which item you have selected.

Long story short it'd be nice to have a way to have the selected item constantly displayed on the screen while the ammo bar and magazine count is hidden.

Cheers.
Derek Larp

Post by Derek Larp »

Nevermind, figured out how to edit the SBARINFO to get the effect I want.

Cheers.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Haven't really used the new HUD much, but I feel that the two gray rapidly flickering bars for when a fuze is light it pretty pointless, not to mention distracting. If the flickering pace represented the amount of time left on the grenade, it would be another story.
Fort of Hard Knox

Lava Grunt wrote:If the flickering pace represented the amount of time left on the grenade, it would be nice.
I would vote for this, hands down. But I still like the rapid flashing as it is, as it is hard to miss in your peripheral vision when focusing on combat.

Would it also be possible for the Berserk pack to give nearly limitless stamina while it is in effect, or possibly stop your heart if you took too many in too short of a timespan?
And, as ugly and potentially hacky as the code might be, could there be a thing where the weight of weapons (and ammo?) on your person affect your movement speed and stamina while sprinting, or have you already tried this?

Mod is coming along well. I've finally learned how to stop being afraid of revenants.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Slydir wrote:And, as ugly and potentially hacky as the code might be, could there be a thing where the weight of weapons (and ammo?) on your person affect your movement speed and stamina while sprinting, or have you already tried this?
Oh my god please no don't do this vaecrius
Matt

Post by Matt »

I considered that a long time ago and it comes to mind every so often, as well as weapon carry limits, but I have always decided against it because without Zandronum support most play will be singleplayer and it's just too huge a hassle especially on map sets that may assume (especially newer maps made for ZDoom where death defaults to restarting from the autoload rather than a pistol restart!) you've picked up a weapon in a previous map and provide ammo and opposition accordingly.

As the player you will remain capable of being a one-man tag-team army.

As for zerk, I'd rather base it on time than on level just because a level might be 2 minutes or 2 hours depending.

EDIT: Just tried the nade blinking acceleration thing. Problem is, the animation doesn't begin the moment the graphic appears, but is timed independently, so I can't get the effect without lots of spaghetti. I will, however, slow it down to 2 tics per frame rather than 1.
Fort of Hard Knox

Vaecrius wrote:As for zerk, I'd rather base it on time than on level
As far as what causes the heart to stop?

Because I've actually gone through all four charges from one pack in less than 5 minutes, thanks to ambushes and baubin hordes and being on fire.
Matt

Post by Matt »

...I did not realize that was survivable :shock: maybe I've overnerfed the make-wounds-worse function.

I'll see if I can look into it in the near future.
Corrosive

Post by Corrosive »

I've played this for quite some time, but I have only recently have ran into a problem that refuses to let me play. I'm not sure if it's because I wiped my computer clean recently, or something I'm doing wrong.

Code: Select all

Script error, "hd.pk7:actors/dcpistol.txt" line 947:
Invalid state parameter a_dropitem
Making an account on here, just for this. Such a wonderful idea.
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

Get a new devbuild.
Corrosive

Post by Corrosive »

So I was doing something wrong. Tried playing with a previous version of the dev. Thanks, Eric_.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”