Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Shells? I don't see that on my copy... can you post a screenshot or describe what happens?

Reload animations are going to be very low priority at best right now. Not only am I utterly incompetent at making Doom graphics, I personally find reload animations highly distracting. If worse comes to worse, I'll probably just add a progress bar like in Ghost Recon...

Size is also a concern. I'd much rather not that every weapon mod be 5+ megabytes just for all the detailed pictures and sounds. That said, I'll consider adding new sounds as I figure out how to make them.

Thanks for the technical compliment. XD Most of this mod was just me messing around with what was possible in DECORATE - only the last couple months have I started trying to streamline things to usable levels. Hence, of course, my throwing this out to see people's reactions.

I'm still concerned about the gameplay, since I'm consciously trying to avoid making the player significantly more powerful overall (notwithstanding weapons and armour) than, say, the shotgun zombie. Unfotunately, I've realized that this probably means that most maps made after the decline of keyboard-only setups will be, to be charitable about it, less than playable. Maybe I should label this as coop-only since having one or two people who draw fire and cover your back seems to increase playability massively...
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Another update with some miscellaneous fixes. I still don't get the shell thing though...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

In the Rifle weapon in DCPPAWNW, the Weapon.AmmoType2 is currently set to Shell. It should be set to Clip, so it displays bullets on the fullscreen hud as opposed to shotgun shells.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Ah, I see, thanks.
Matt

Post by Matt »

So yeah, finally uploaded the fix. Game in general should also be a bit easier and more traditional-Doom-like.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

I get this message when I try to run the wad:
Spoiler:
Matt

Post by Matt »

Are you using SVN 490+?
Captain Ventris

Vaecrius wrote:Are you using SVN 490+?
AHA! No, I am not. Getting the one you provided now.

EDIT: Ima gonna test it now!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I think its really good, but hard. really hard
Matt

Post by Matt »

Well, that's certainly a step up from "Dude this is totally unfair" so at least I'm making progress. :P
Captain Ventris

Vaecrius wrote:Well, that's certainly a step up from "Dude this is totally unfair" so at least I'm making progress. :P
Dude, this is totally unfair.:wink:

I can't even beat MAP02. And I don't think I need to say anything about Barrels o' Fun. The Doomguy is just too slow.
Matt

Post by Matt »

The key to Map02 is threefold:
  • Duck and Cover
  • Grenade Spam
  • Enfilade and Defilade
With that, you should be able to beat Map02 at skill 3 about half the time. ^^;

Map03 basically consists of straferunning for cover as soon and as fast as humanly possible, saturating whatever you ran past with explosives, and sniping the rest.

Map04 is straightforward. Open door at an oblique angle, listen for something coming close, step out to kill it with the shotgun, step back behind cover immediately, wait for the shooting to stop, repeat. Frag the sergeant bunkers and chaingun ambush. The imps only kill the reckless and the hasty.

I've never beat Map05 without coop respawns.

If you're starting at Map01 or 2, you're better off playing as grenadier since you'd be able to pick up the rifle long before you have to engage in close quarters.

As for Barrels O' "Fun"... well, I have my own reasons for not caring that you can't play that map with this mod. :P
Matt

Post by Matt »

Bump because AttakZOffset makes this mod so much less crap.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

The mod link download does not work. :(
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

chronoteeth wrote:The mod link download does not work. :(
EDIT: The correct link can be found on the screenshots page

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”