Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Paranoium

Re: Hideous Destructor [check git for latest version]

Post by Paranoium »

Encountered a ?bug? in gameplay today, was severe enough I thought I'd register on the forums to bring it up.

Using berserker packs I found it was somewhat easy to put myself in a state where the medkit auto-diag declares I have some absurd number like 160% or 210% treated wounds. I'll usually be killed by the comedown from the zerk, and if I'm not I'll be stuck in a state where I'm nearly dead and my maximum health is properly capped at zero. Whether or not this is as intended is up to you, but..

If I exit a level in this state, at the next level, my HUD will be gone, I can't switch weapons or pick up items of any sort, monsters activate when they see me but never fire at me, and I don't seem to be able to take damage.

I'm not using the latest version, but it is very recent, so I apologize if you've already fixed this.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

If I exit a level in this state, at the next level, my HUD will be gone
You might have pinpointed how to find another bug that we weren't able to replicate earlier. I'll take a look!
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Matt wrote:How could you see the number though? Where exactly was it being shown? I just can't replicate this at all...
I never saw a number, I just counted from what I picked up.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Wait, so it's giving you 100+ spare rounds when you unload it?

Can you tell me exactly what you're doing, step by step?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I'll break this down again to lay it out more clearly.

Note that used mags that aren't jailbroken (as in, the seal was broken by the vulcanette itself, so the mag's ammo counter display works, but it's not a full mag anymore) are not the issue at all, they work just fine. The problem is just with used mags being inserted, then unloaded.

I load at least one used mag into a vulcanette of any state that has a free mag port, then unload it. It drops the used mag actor to the ground, but instead of it copying the amount of ammo that was actually within the mag at the time of its unloading, it's ammo value is a hard set 100 loose 4mm rounds. With empty pockets, picking it up once will store 60 of the 100 units the used mag contains, and the rest can be picked up again afterward.

It's an issue JUST with jailbroken mags being inserted then unloaded from the gun. Mags that have had their seals broken by normal weapon chambering from the vulcanette (ammo counter display working) are a-OK.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Still can't replicate, whether jailbroken on Vulcanette or ZM66.

Can you try this with the latest git?

EDIT: Now that's bizarre. I just looked at the code and found something that could, in fact, do something like what you've described... and yet I still can't actually get it to happen ingame. o_O fixing it anyway

Paranoium: Can you try the latest gitrelease as well? I think I've addressed what was causing the no-hud thing.
Paranoium

Post by Paranoium »

Tested, and while it's still fully possible to be 200% wounded, you can actually exit levels in that state and not be stuck as a zombie. So, bug fixed in that case.

The "take longer to bleed out your last few health" mechanic works by increasing your heartrate whenever you would've taken lethal damage, up until a cap where you die instead, right? if that's not the case, it appears to be the result, even if the damage came from a gunshot or even nukeage.

Some sort of guide on the heartrate monitor would help too. Does a wider bar mean higher blood pressure? Does the way the bar moves mean anything? It seems important but I can't tell what it's supposed to be.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yes that is the intent.

The monitor isn't really heartbeat, just an abstraction - the more fucked up it looks, the more fucked up you are.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Suggestion: Make drop armor key drop the backpack first, before dropping armor, if carrying one.
DJRVD

Post by DJRVD »

Found a bug
To replicate: Pull the pin on a grenade("fire" and hold) then "drop weapon".
Expected result: Dropping all pinned grenades, throw the pin-less one.
Actual result: Dropped all grenades, including the unpinned one in hand, which is now back to pinned, yet threw a clone of it.
Probably easily fixable by reducing nade count upon pin-pull.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

W8, how in the world did a blursphere burn me and kill me shortafter with fire?
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

If you have any blue (health potions or soulsphere pickup) in your system, the blursphere will kill you to burn it out.
Matt

Post by Matt »

DJRVD wrote:Probably easily fixable by a long overdue total overhaul of the entire grenade throwing mechanics in ZScript.
Fixed this, will fix the actual thing this weekend!
sanyarkin

Post by sanyarkin »

My zm66 scope gets obscured partially or completely seemingly at random and gets fixed only by loading a save or strating a new game
Spoiler:
Matt

Post by Matt »

Can't replicate without further info:

- What does "obscured" look like?
- Does this affect any other weapon, and if so which?
- What other mods do you have loaded?
- What version of GZDoom are you using?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”