Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DavidWolfe

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.2.5]

Post by DavidWolfe »

Matt wrote:Sprint until you reach the abrupt hard limit
A_Pain
Can't sprint for a few seconds
Hmm, perhaps it was something linked to other pain effects, I can't seem to replicate it anymore.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Is there a way for a map author who wanted to make a Hideous Destructor map to pre-place a tripwire on the map? It'd be cool if you found the enemy left you some nasty surprises, I think. : P
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Is there a way for a map author who wanted to make a Hideous Destructor map to pre-place a tripwire on the map? It'd be cool if you found the enemy left you some nasty surprises, I think. : P
So a Vietcong style mapset for HD?

That sounds pretty awesome.
Silentdarkness12

Not literal Vietcong, but it's a nice tactical weapon that could be used. But there doesn't seem to be a way to code it into the map as it's made by player input.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

In these analogies I've tended to imagine the player as the VC soldier and the monsters as the invading Americans. :V

This could prove to be either surprisingly straightforward, or reveal a huge mess of buggy hackery that could take days to resolve...
Silentdarkness12

I always looked at it like a terrorist situation. And terrorists looking to deter military personnel would use any sort of explosive trap option, really. And you referred to tripwire as the real IED in the code, lel.

How about this for an idea, then?

An actor that does a circular search pattern for a second actor. And upon detecting the second actor, sets up the trip wire on a angle-connected line, and the tripped frag. At least, that's how i'd imagine doing it....

EDIT: I wouldn't know how to do that in ZScript, because lol idk zscript.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

The current code assumes the gumwad is in place first, but I'd rather the mapper be able to place the grenade first and worry about the gumwad later, so my understanding is that it's a matter of making sure that those assumptions don't prevent the trap from being set entirely.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Matt wrote:The current code assumes the gumwad is in place first, but I'd rather the mapper be able to place the grenade first and worry about the gumwad later, so my understanding is that it's a matter of making sure that those assumptions don't prevent the trap from being set entirely.
I've never built a doom map, but I don't suppose you could use some zscript magic to assign a gumwad to an ID and then place a tripwire grenade to the same ID, right?

Like, place grenades first, then gumwads across. If a mapper does them in order it might even be easier that way.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

@Matt & Silentdarkness12: I was referring to the game "Vietcong" from 2003, would recommend it.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Turbo wrote:@Matt & Silentdarkness12: I was referring to the game "Vietcong" from 2003, would recommend it.
+1

-
Don't touch the sequel though. Don't even acknowledge it.
The link is down, is there another one available?
I'd like to see if I can make it work for the current version of HD.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Posted it a few pages ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwb10gfjvlg06 ... h.zip?dl=0
And yeah, Vietcong 2 is awful. Too bad the first game isn't available digitally, and the latest official patch borked the singleplayer campaign.
Djames516

Post by Djames516 »

Is there a way to turn the scope off on the guns?
Or is it always on now? I know it's lower than center, but it's still a bit distracting.
Silentdarkness12

I'm way behind the times. How do I access the Mag manager?

EDIT: Nvmd. I got it now.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Djames: The manual is at your disposal.

That said, documentation is admittedly spotty, and the OP link to the RTC patch is only now updated.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Turbo wrote:Posted it a few pages ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwb10gfjvlg06 ... h.zip?dl=0
Much obliged!
Djames516 wrote:Is there a way to turn the scope off on the guns?
Or is it always on now? I know it's lower than center, but it's still a bit distracting.
Check out the user settings under player, change the scope mode to 'auto', now when you hold down use you will "brace your weapon" and look down the sight, giving you far more control over longe range assaults.

I made dis.

Just some random binds to help out with the inventory in case you're in a pinch
Spoiler:

Edit: Added inventory item so if you have a medikit, it will automatically be unpacked if there isn't one already.

Also, @@Matt, it seems that holding 'use' while a weapon is rested on the floor will not slow down the aim. Personally I don't find this too bothering, but I can imagine sometimes you'd want to snipe while bracing your weapon on a windowsill or something similar.

It would appear that imps can either light each other on fire directly, or through splash damage. I've noticed this behaviour once or twice but I don't know if I can replicate it 100% of the time, however this does go against the lore that imps have thick fireproof hides and can wade through lava etc. Perhaps adding fireresistance is a good call? You know, for difficulty's sake.

And, is it me, or is there like a shitton more ammo available? I remember crawling in the dirt looking for single rounds and shells, but now I have backpacks full of 9mms and 4.26 mags, I can hardly run out of ammo. Most of the 'deadrifleman' spawns also spawn a shitton of 4.26 mags and grenades, like, a full loadout. I'm not complaining, it's useful in coop, but in SP I feel like a behemoth shortly after map03!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”