Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.1.0.667]

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Btw, I just wanted to say that, having not touched HD for a long time, I really like the new HUD. Just a little positive comment to break up bug reports.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Thanks! I really do appreciate it! :D

(Perhaps a bit of a timely reminder, too, seeing I've got a 1/4-scriptified pair of shotguns that I've been ignoring all week between work and my own custom mod of NaNoWriMo...)
Silentdarkness12

I like it so much that I don't feel so bad about my failed attempts to make a proper hud addon for HD. And lel glad to help.
tchkb

Post by tchkb »

Got the following crash at E1M3:

Code: Select all

[DERP]  Engaging hostile.
[DERP]    Hostile eliminated.
[DERP]  Engaging hostile.
VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero.
Called from DERPBot.StateFunction.37 at
HideousDestructor.pk3:zscript/derp.txt, line 186
Called from state DERPBot.37 in DERPBot
I put a DERPbot right next to a wall for the ambush right before the secret exit, opposite the closet with Imp and Pinky.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Fixed as of latest commit. (as in: I have just fixed it now, though it was no longer line 186 as of the last commit but was in the release version)
Arco

Post by Arco »

SMG mags only spawn empty clips; zombiemen only drop discarded mags and attempted to drop one yourself will simply spawn an empty mag. Loose rounds also don't stack up whenever you have your SMG out.
Energy cells can be duplicated if you have partially spent cells, dropping one cell will attempt to drop the partially loaded cell but simply spawns two fully loaded cells, instead of one full one and one partially spent one.

I realize that most of my posts here are just bug reports, but I do want to say that I do enjoy this mod, for what its worth. Keep up the good work.
Silentdarkness12

Suggestion: I always thought that numbery numbers on the HUD were a bad thing. Too precise.

Any chance of a ECG thing in place of the HP numbers? I've made ECG diagrams before when trying to mod in a fancy HUD for Hideous Destructor. I could probably provide suitable GFX, which'd just need downsizing maybe. SBARINFO would be non-ZScript tho, as I really don't get ZScript yet.

EDIT: Also, I just killed a burst-rifle zombie and he dropped a shotgun.
Last edited by Silentdarkness12 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

When I stand still and shoot the liberator, most of the brass waits until I move to fly out.

EDIT: I also can't unload rockets from the Thumper
Last edited by Fort of Hard Knox on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silentdarkness12

Btw, I know this is only tangentally related, but Hideous Destructor sort of coerced me into getting MAGIX Music Maker, and trying to make some ambient spookyness for it.

https://clyp.it/cdxfyy3e

https://clyp.it/uoyq1qjv
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Only until a couple days ago did I hear of this. Played it about two days ago and I can't put it down. Fantastic-o mod!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Lots of stressful shit at work this month, so I'm glad to have some problems that could actually be solved. x_X

Resolved:
> can't unload rockets from the Thumper
Did you mean: Blooper
Fixed.

> SMG mags only spawn empty clips; zombiemen only drop discarded mags and attempted to drop one yourself will simply spawn an empty mag.
Screwed up the spawn process for the base "HDSMGMag" ammo. Fixed.

> Loose rounds also don't stack up whenever you have your SMG out.
Works for me. It takes about 12 seconds, though, and I've often thought something was wrong either because I forgot it took much longer than the pistol or because I had like 29 rounds and couldn't tell from the little bar that I didn't actually have enough.

> Energy cells can be duplicated if you have partially spent cells, dropping one cell will attempt to drop the partially loaded cell but simply spawns two fully loaded cells, instead of one full one and one partially spent one.
I think I've fixed this.

> When I stand still and shoot the liberator, most of the brass waits until I move to fly out.
Actually intentional! I thought about this for a while and realized that there's no way I could justify the brass being guaranteed to fly out and totally clear the exit tube every time, so now it does that Kel-Tech RFB/FN2000 thing where they collect up in the tube. The simplest way to dump them is to point down.

Unresolved:
> I just killed a burst-rifle zombie and he dropped a shotgun.
Cannot reproduce and the code looks fine. Where was this?

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Btw, I know this is only tangentally related, but Hideous Destructor sort of coerced me into getting MAGIX Music Maker, and trying to make some ambient spookyness for it.

:D!
Arco

Post by Arco »

> Works for me. It takes about 12 seconds, though, and I've often thought something was wrong either because I forgot it took much longer than the pistol or because I had like 29 rounds and couldn't tell from the little bar that I didn't actually have enough.

I see. This might have been an oversight on my part. I don't remember exactly what happened the last time I played but I'll just keep that in mind next time.
Silentdarkness12

Matt wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:Btw, I know this is only tangentally related, but Hideous Destructor sort of coerced me into getting MAGIX Music Maker, and trying to make some ambient spookyness for it.

:D!
Glad you like it. I'll work some more on this stuff. PM incoming btw about ECG.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Hello, long time no talk... I decided to pick this up again and i have to say i'm really blown away!
-The new stimpack and medic bag functionality is clear and fun
-Heart rate is a interesting dynamic
-The hud is amazing!
-overall polish is profound.

I have one complaint...
the volt agreement is annoying. But, that's intentional, so...

I have two suggestions...
We've gotten the red carpet treatment. just about any weapons you'd need and the functionality of everything is impeccable. So, here's some little extras you might do that i personally would like to see.

1.) Chokes are used in real life to regulate spread. Muzzle Breaks are used to moderate recoil. Suppressors are used to reduce muzzle flash and reduce sound.

I would like to see certain usable inventory items which change the characteristics of a firearm.
Shotguns were my main thought in this because i like a narrow pump and a wide DB so i have all the range in two weapons; but it would be nice if you could equip a choke to make the pattern more narrow or more wide (i would consider the accuracy now to be similar to a narrow choke).
Pistols, the Sniper rifle, and SMG's could be fitted with sound suppressors which last a limited time and allow for more stealthy gameplay.
Rifles could be fitted with compensators which reduce recoil

This is, naturally, a complicated suggestion : just something that crossed my mind if you're looking for a challenge.

2.) We now have an improved medical system, and yet the same ammo loading system. I propose that we have a ammo loader "weapon", like bandaging, where you can select the weapon you're loading mags for and then fill them up much quicker, at the expense of magically filling magazines slowely over time. I've never liked the system because it, in my opinion" breaks immersion.

3.) finishing certain graphics which were intentionally left out. namely, the lack of visibility of your hands and limbs when fighting with the use key, bandaging yourself, and using the medikit, as well as bullet casings perhaps getting an HD upgrade.

4.) the ability to use a water medium to put out flames quickly, and a specific command to put out fires. fires are annoying, tragic, and usually fatal. so some command that would specifically cause you to drop and roll or something besides moving the mouse around like a maniac would be nice. being able to pour a blue potion on yourself to cure burns, perhaps a medical bag burn bio-cream, or something.

Beyond those things I couldn't possibly think of anything else...

I was curious about armor types and what their good against, and the manual is pretty non-descript about it. from what i can understand logically:

Kevlar (green), since it's made of kevlar with no plates, would be very fire resistant and somewhat bullet resistant, but would be useless and get damaged quickly in melee where knives, claws, and teeth are concerned.
Ceramic (black) with a thin kevlar vest that you put the plates in, would be adept at stopping bullets, especially shotgun pellets, and exceptional against melee, knives, claws, and flames, but would be pretty useless once the plates break so very fragile.
Titanium (Blue) would be great at both, and last a very long time. Since presumably it would be kevlar and titanium plates, titanium doesn't break up like ceramic.

so is that about right, how far off am i?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

The boss rifle scope seems to have no crosshair. Is this normal? I do like the new zooming method, though.
Also, it seems the Vulcanette's faster fire mode doesn't have vertical recoil.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”