Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.2.5.3]

Post by Matt »

Caligari87 wrote:I'm loathe to report this bug, but it seems having a set of blue armor in your inventory caps your encumberance load. I was at 830 or so, and picking up a set of blue armor brought me down to 528.

edit: Scratch that, it's any armor. Seems the weight system is messed up too; I was getting inconsistent results just by dropping and picking up a shotgun + and spare shells.

8-)
It's apparently a bracketing problem with those inline conditional things I use a lot but never remember the name for. Fixed.

As for the rest, a total overhaul of the encumbrance system is the next thing on my list.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Currently, vulcanettes and possibly pump shotguns are always fully loaded when dropped by enemies. I also think we could maybe get away with making SMG troopers not drop a stick mag 100% of the time. Sorta drowning in ammo, moreso than usual. Not sure if it's fixed but earlier today tapping the Strip key with armor off didn't put it back on like it's normally supposed to, also.
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

DavidWolfe wrote:I'd personally like to see a war campaign specifically designed for HD, where the operator (doom marine) has to fight their way into a possessed city and clear out the threat, starting from a staging area, maybe even vehicles and stuff like that. Imagine how exciting the coop would be with vastly limited supplies and lots of ambushes and interactivity with the environment. If I could make it my day job I probably would start working on it right now. Anyone else feel that way?

Anyway, @Matt, I've been screwing around with adding LMG/MMG additions to the game, but simply getting that much firepower from the 7.76, even with shit like breaking your rifle's barrel when firing too long and having the heat warp it, and having to manually link chains and rounds together to load up a box, it basically becomes the terminator weapon (150 rounds non-stop firepower, based after the bullpup version of the PKP).
Also a ZM66 LMG conversion in the style of an L86 SAW variant, that just has the same problems as the ZM66 (having a 90 round magazine go up in flames and land on its bipod when you try to lower it is kind of hilarious really) is a really, really dumb idea.

Sorry I suggested either one of these, you were probably right x'3
The Brutal Doom Starter Pack works great for a war campaign.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

I'm liking the new Caco gore particles. Great idea for an Xdeath for Cacos is just speeding up the crumble animation so that within half the time the caco gets to the goop stage. Then just spawn a few more gore particles all at once.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Somagu wrote:Currently, vulcanettes and possibly pump shotguns are always fully loaded when dropped by enemies. I also think we could maybe get away with making SMG troopers not drop a stick mag 100% of the time. Sorta drowning in ammo, moreso than usual. Not sure if it's fixed but earlier today tapping the Strip key with armor off didn't put it back on like it's normally supposed to, also.
They always start out fully loaded, so if you kill them before they get off a shot their gun will always be fully loaded. I will change this to be randomized to better fit the in media res nature of your typical Doom firefight.

Two sticks seems like overkill aesthetically, so I will tweak the numbers slightly, but see my previous comment about ammo balance if this is still too much.

When did the Strip key ever do that? o_O Can you show me what you've bound to it?

Knox: I'll consider it, though what I'm imagining doesn't seem to fit the whole "break apart in such a way that the Brontornis shell can pass straight through" thing that well...
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

Strip Armor has put it on and off for as long as I can remember.
"break apart in such a way that the Brontornis shell can pass straight through"
Huh?
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

Matt wrote:
Somagu wrote:Not sure if it's fixed but earlier today tapping the Strip key with armor off didn't put it back on like it's normally supposed to, also.
When did the Strip key ever do that? o_O Can you show me what you've bound to it?
it's even listed as a feature of hd_strip in the manual: line 349

i'd have brought it up after it broke on the 20th, but i kinda liked the clunkyness of having to put it back on. makes me think twice about when and where to strip for medkits/upgrades
Matt

Post by Matt »

Apparently I can't read my own code while I'm looking at it at home, it was right there staring me in the face:

Code: Select all

if(countinv("BlueArmour"))arm="BlueArmour";
            else if(countinv("GreenArmour"))arm="GreenArmour";
            else{
                inventory as=null;
                if(countinv("BlueArmourStored"))as=findinventory("BlueArmourStored");
                else if(countinv("GreenArmourStored"))as=findinventory("GreenArmourStored");
                if(as)UseInventory(as);
                return;
I will look into the possibility of reinstating this action item. EDIT: Turns out all I needed to restore this functionality after the overhaul was an alias.
Last edited by Matt on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Sheldor

Post by Lord_Sheldor »

I am on map14 of the brutal doom starter pack with version 3.2.5.3 of this mod, and I have stopped bleeding from attacks, even when being shot without any armor on. This has lasted for multiple levels, and may have been caused by me picking up a megasphere and using a berserk pack on map07. I am playing on Hideous difficulty. Is this intentional?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Lord_Sheldor wrote:I am on map14 of the brutal doom starter pack with version 3.2.5.3 of this mod, and I have stopped bleeding from attacks, even when being shot without any armor on. This has lasted for multiple levels, and may have been caused by me picking up a megasphere and using a berserk pack on map07. I am playing on Hideous difficulty. Is this intentional?
Yes, megaspheres give you a buff which, among many other things, doesn't let you bleed for as long as it holds out.
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

I wish there was a way to see how much supernatural charge you have.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

LadyErisXII wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the game is as realistic as it can get without being an RNG fest of getting hit and instantly becoming incapacitated for any number of reasons. You could theoretically add fatigue/hunger/food mechanics, but I don't think there are any real WADs that have enough levels for it to become an issue and then it causes weird questions depending on the WAD as well, like "Why do I get the same amount of fatigue loss from instantly traveling to one location through a teleporter as Doomguy physically walking across the crater to the next facility?" it's really just not feasible.
"getting hit and instantly becoming incapacitated for any number of reasons" - Heh, this is basically the primary reason why this mod is so awesome. Just like in real life, a single spit of napalm\fire ball hitting your leg and you instantly burn in to flames, dying from painshock and\or by burning through skin which will cause lethal bloodloss that no medkit could ever save you. Or getting hit by bullet in leg and make the inside bleeding where manual removal of bullet from inside and full gypsum of the leg could save you.

Not the hunger system, no. Because even if by looking realistically, doomguy (according to his hud profile picture at least) is rather fat (chubby) and technically, if moving slowly, can survive without food for at least 20 days. Doubt anyone could stuck on same map for at least 20 days in a row.

What I was more thinking of, is stamina mechanics\system. I'm afraid, my english has failed me once more. What I originally was trying to say is "you'd easily lose consciousness from dehydration", not 'exhaustion'. Having so much clothing (including armor) on, carring all the items + guns, and basically running around in "hell" (environment with hot magma around) would make you sweat like swine, so constant sip of water is absolutely necessary to not just making organism saying "fuck this" and lose it's consciousness because of dehydration. I believe such thing can be done without adding another RNG values but by setting a certain specific ones.

I don't see why you would have 'fatigue loss' by teleporting. I assume teleporters would have been invented with purpose in mind to save time AND stamina, unlike walking such distance by yourself. Unless, you're talking about entering new level from previous. Honestly, each time doomguy enters a new level, I'd like to see his stamina and vitality replenish back to 100% if it's about moving from one building to another; since such travel is usually happens 'off-screen', that implies he walks distances in a non-dangerous and non-violent environment with no enemy around, and thus he could enter some local water supply and even lay on ground and rest stamina back; unless it's just literally the door next to the exit switch (or the exit switch is the door itself).
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Serathis wrote:I wish there was a way to see how much supernatural charge you have.
I vote adding a blue tint to the screen based on how much superhealing you have in you.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Not exactly sure if this has been reported before but, the caseless rifle when dropped, it will show that it has no magazine regardless even when if it is loaded with a magazine. This problem doesn't appear with the battle rifle though.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Huh. Teaches me to make the dang thing all grey and test everything on a similarly coloured floor...

In other news, one way or another, this has the potential to slow down HD development.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”