Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by Matt »

I just ran through a small bit of Descent E1M1.

The whole 5 minutes I've been playing it (going from encounter to encounter as fast as I could in god mode) I haven't seen a single map-placed humanoid enemy, just imps and marine corpses and shards... which means that everything shooting a gun at me was raised from one of those corpses. Failure to drop guns is expected behaviour. (But if they're not dropping ammo either then we might have a problem.)
SiMpLeToNiUm

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

Author here. There are some placed Zombiemen and Shotgunguys if you make a right straight out of the spawn entrance towards the blue torches, press the switch, go in, first door on the right leads to a courtyard with some of them in elevated areas.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Got it, thanks!

The zombies there drop guns just fine for me.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Weird, I must have been playing tired or something. Went back to finish the map last night and all was working fine.

8-)
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Screenshot from the HD discord server because it's hilarious and needs to be saved for posterity:

8-)
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Speaking about second flesh, What is the purpose of the medkit alt fire? I LITERALLY never used it. Is it useful after using bandage to secure the wound is not gonna open? Can someone explain?
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

it repairs small amounts of permanent damage you accumulate after getting burned and maybe even from getting shot repeatedly(?). i've only noticed it healing burns. though, if your mapset gives you blue potions and soulspheres you'll never notice the permanent damage since they heal it on top of helping you regen faster
Matt

Post by Matt »

abbuw

Post by abbuw »

I just thought of this, but if you're really desperate to retain a magazine when your pouches are full, you could probably just stuff it in your mouth instead of dumping it on the floor when you go reach for a fresh one, then take the mag out of your mouth right into the freshly emptied pocket/pouch. If you're afraid of demon germs you could cram it under your armpit or right in the waist of your pants.

EDIT: I killed a spiderdemon and I was disappointed that I couldn't fruitlessly kick the remains like I could with the cyberdemon. plz fix
Last edited by abbuw on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

I'm personally fine with picking up mags off the floor, but it would be kinda nice to model mag retention when doing a tactical reload with full pockets. Wouldn't need to be modeled as any specific bodypart, just "this mag goes back into inventory after reloading."

8-)
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

You can hang grenades on the sky.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Fixed.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

I think that bullet casings bounce too much when fall on the ground, that's why they produce annoying rasping sound.
Didn't look in the code but it _seems_ bounce height gets cut in half at every bounce, and that's why the casing jumps too frequent towards the end of bouncing and when its jumps are closer one to another, comes the rasping noise (trrrrrrrrrrrr). And also the casing kinda disappears being near the ground until bouncing stops.
If you need a help, I'll do my best to find the problem, fix it or explain the isssue better, because this mod is a blast and deserves it.

Also a question. There are some mods with proved compatibility at the 1st page. Speaking of Dark Doom, what about Dark Doom Z, it it compatible as well? (Since it is not stated for a number of releases while DarkDoomZ exists for a pretty much long time period.)
Last edited by Mere_Duke on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

DarkDoomZ is definitely compatible (I designed it to be as universal as possible).

8-)
Matt

Post by Matt »

Updated OP to include a link to this:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”