Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Apeirogon

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.0]

Post by Apeirogon »

phantombeta wrote:
Apeirogon wrote:jammed bolt action and burning flak jacket is something from the category of fiction.
Sounds like you need to read more about guns.
And what do you mean to say by this?
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Apeirogon wrote:I think, IMHO, destructor must show at the main menu background something like "Hideous destructor is about making the most of a bad situation" as in darkest dungeon.
Because, if talking about "realism"(TM, all right reserved), jammed bolt action and burning flak jacket is something from the category of fiction.
Apparently nobody bothered to open the links I previously posted as a evidence to support my claims in previous message. https://www.warhistoryonline.com/vietna ... m-war.html
https://thevietnamwar.info/napalm-vietnam-war/

If you read previous discussions, we come to conclusion that IMP uses supernatural abilities to form "spiritual" energy in to concentrated energy covered of physical flaming sticky mugus that explode on impact and make the burning mugus stick on you that is deadlier than of napalm. We'd only imagine that the projectiles of Hell Knight, Baron, Cacodemon and especially Mancubus would provide even worse result, even though any of it should be lethal by definition anyway.

As for jamming rifles, the link already explains why it jams a lot. It was one of the big problems for bolt action rifles as well, and I believe fully automatic rifles tend to jam even more.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Turbo wrote:What happened to the 4mm & 7mm damages in the latest builds? They seem to be overpowered, downing imps and zombies with only one shot from the ZM66.

Also, is there an easy way to change an actor's sprite in decorate/zscript without massively changing its action states?
"sprite=getspriteindex("POSSA1")" will last until the next frame that doesn't use ---- or ####.

I'm still working on bullet damage. It's all very complicated and awful.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote: As for jamming rifles, the link already explains why it jams a lot. It was one of the big problems for bolt action rifles as well, and I believe fully automatic rifles tend to jam even more.
So, in grim darkness of the near future HD-guy shoot demons using Ross rifle?
Blueprints, knowledge and skills to produce more modern rifle are considered lost?
And all existing samples of something like barret m82 or fn-fal are relics from the dark, long forgoten age of technology, reminder about past glory of humanity?

I just want to say that particular case of one gun dont mean that all rifle with manual recharge jamm after every first bullet.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Apeirogon wrote: So, in grim darkness of the near future HD-guy shoot demons using Ross rifle?
You can chalk that one up to the Boss rifle being added for Veteran's Day, and Matt being Canadian.

That's pretty much the whole reason, heh.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Back when I regularly played Rune: Halls of Valhalla, a lot of the maps were 1v1 arenas where you could start with any weapon (and possibly all the weapons) with no penalty. I'd often show up in a fight with nothing but a goblin axe or Roman sword (both second-from-bottom power rank for their respective weapon types) and a shield.

HD's additional weapons are not intended to be equal in merit.
LSWraith

Post by LSWraith »

Bigger C wrote:
On another note, one thing I love about HD is that despite how difficult and complicated the mod is we're a pretty welcoming community:

-imgsnip-
Was that from the official zdoom server? also: discord light, why

double also:

I don't suppose anyone knows of a multiplayer server, or a way to play with others? I asked on the zdoom discord, but people just riffed on HD.

EDIT: Ignore this. I'm now on your discord. Under the same name as well.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Soft armor gains 1 additional durability point each time you take the piece out of a backpack. Maybe to do with the backpack showing the durability points of the armor rather then the number of armor vests you have?
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

Please, add ZM-66 ammo to mag manager.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Keldian wrote:Please, add ZM-66 ammo to mag manager.
ZM66 ammo and mags don't work the same as other weapons.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I was thinking to do so (and start tracking "dirty" but full 50-round mags separately) but then it occurred to me that the rounds might be too fragile even for that treatment. Not totally ruling it out for the future...
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

What is soft armor? Never seen it. Also why do you have invisible version of enemies in the code? Do you hate us that much? :)
Matt

Post by Matt »

Green, i.e, no hard plating and thus capable of being folded up into the backpack.

I may reconsider this, since the implication would be that the blue armour is the size of your torso and would be about as bulky as a BFG. [EDIT: According to encumbrance.txt it already is. Almost, anyway - still doesn't have a strap and is gonna be more floppy, if probably lighter.]
Arco

Post by Arco »

I'm liking the updates so far.

Also, I forgot to ask this a few months back, but is there a possibility that you can add the classic gun sounds back? The newer ones sound limp in comparison to the old sounds back to the ~2015 releases.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Were those the heavily edited Doom sounds rather than the ones from the Sound Bible?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”