Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.1.0.667]

Post by Matt »

CC: "I'll think about it." (but as a note to that: standing on a liquid or sand texture already greatly increases your ability to put out a fire by spinning)

Someone: Boss should definitely have a crosshair. Screenshot?
(Vulcanette is now fixed)
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Hey Matt! Probably someone said this before... But what about some melee and stealth? I think implating some basic stealth (like monsters forgetting about you) and some melee weapon like a knife for more damage? What do you think?
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'll start working on monsters once I'm done the weapons.

Might start like summer 2018 at this point...
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

I only just dug through the manual to find two other modes for the DERP, why aren't they part of the toggle in the normal keybinds? I would almost never use ambush, but would love switching to patrol without a custom keybind just for it.

Also having just come back to this mod after a while, having intentionally used a really old version just so I could use Silentdarkness12's old hud, I have to say I absolutely love the HUD as it is now.
Last edited by Crimsondrgn on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

I decided to finally give this mod a chance and I am really enjoying it, however I have to ask something: when reloading the rifle (the one that is fully colored white, not the brown one) some weird warning appears in the console and the game starts telling me to go fuck myself and breaks my weapon completely. Why does that happen?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

FaggoStorm wrote:I decided to finally give this mod a chance and I am really enjoying it, however I have to ask something: when reloading the rifle (the one that is fully colored white, not the brown one) some weird warning appears in the console and the game starts telling me to go fuck myself and breaks my weapon completely. Why does that happen?
The ZM66 warranty says to not use partially loaded clips. Only pop fresh clips.

For the record, you can still use the rifle with a less than full clip, it's just that you won't be able to tell how many rounds are left until you find and insert a fresh one, iirc.
RightInfinity

Post by RightInfinity »

Great to see the mod still chugging along!

Got this after I loaded a save and picked up a thumper, In single player:

Also, when I'm in Co-op, the pistols seem to generate ammo out of nowhere, and hitting the drop mag key tosses an empty mag but removes a full one from inventory. is this intentional?
Matt

Post by Matt »

No idea what could possibly result in that. Can't replicate and looking at the lines indicated the player would have to not exist for that to happen.
EDIT: Is it just me or does the parser not count the right line anymore? Fixed.

Pistol bug happens in singles too as far as I can tell, though. Will fix shortly. Fixed.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

The ZM66 scope setup changed? The old setup with the scope on top of the stock sights matched the rifle sprite more, unless that's getting changed.

Is it normal for there to be no crosshairs on the Boss rifle scope?

Also while it's neat, I feel like with the dual optics I have to pick between a normal view for them at hud scale 2, or actually being able to easily make out the rest of the hud at a decent size with hud scale 3, which makes the sights too big.

Adding some kind of background to the hud could make it much easier to spot even at the oddly small size of scale 2. It would at least keep it from blending in with some of the weapon sprites, like the ammo with the pistol glove.

Oh, I want to note something with the ZM66 jamming due to caseless ammo, in real life H&K anticipated this issue, and made it to where a rotation of the winding key ( for lack of a better name I can find at the moment ) on the side of the G11 actually boots duds out the bottom of the gun through a small compartment, without ever needing to remove the magazine.

Seems like Heckler & Mok got lazy. But it could make for a nice change where you tap fire and it just takes a moment to eject the dud before you go back to shooting, no pesky mag removal.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Someone please post a screenshot of this crosshair-less Boss, I really literally have no idea what you people are talking about! (I will post a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like when I'm home)
EDIT: I suspect I know what the problem is and why I'm not getting it. Might need to clamp this.
Does the crosshair reappear if you try adjusting the zoom?

Anyway, yes ZM66 and Liberator scope setups are changing because what I had was kinda fugly looking (and took up too much of the screen). new HUD sprites coming "soon", or for next release in any event.

(and the ZM66 is from another company that got bought out by UAC, H&M are not to be blamed for this one :P )
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

The scope seems to be back to normal, which is absolutely weird.

Also think I spotted a bug, pistols disappear if I try to pick them up while having two already, they used to just drop back to the floor.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Are you spawning with the Boss (as either Marksman or custom), or picking up a Boss lying around?
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

When I try to go through my weapon list backwards, with the mouse wheel in my case, it stops at the grenades.

Got an image of the no crosshairs Boss rifle bug via the shooting range.

If you're curious I have Doom 2 as an Iwad, then the load order via ZDL is...

Tomb of Fury ( Oblige made megawad )
HideousDestructor-3.1.0.667
MusicDarkAmbient3 ( just a music wad ).
Matt

Post by Matt »

Can you tell me the values you've got set for:

hd_bosszoom
hd_bossfrontreticle
hd_bossmoa

I've clamped the zoom values when starting with the Boss. If that doesn't fix it I'm out of ideas.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

hd_bosszoom 3
hd_bossfrontreticle false
hd_bossmoa 30

The defaults I think.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”