Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Eric_

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated February 14, 2017]

Post by Eric_ »

Still getting the crash with ejected 7mm rounds and disarmed 9mm traps.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Eric_ wrote:Still getting the crash with ejected 7mm rounds and disarmed 9mm traps.
If you're using the 2.3.2-release version that I linked to by mistake, then I think we've got a GZDoom bug because the thing that should be causing it isn't even in there.

Here's the correct URL for the new update which as far as I can tell does not crash at least for Liberator brass.
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

I'm using the correct version with the latest GZDoom devbuild. It crashes when ejecting a live round from the Boss rifle, when unloading a chambered round from the Liberator, and also from disarming ammo boxes trapped with a 9mm round.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Ah, thanks. Those are definitely not fixed. Will fix in next release.

(and here I've been spending all this time typing summon for the old casing to try to debug this when I could've just spawned as marksman and hit altfire...)
Vodka32

Post by Vodka32 »

Vodka32 wrote:Not trying to be stupid but can you play this on d-touch aka doom touch :?:
sorry I ever brought up :D :D
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

Vodka32 wrote: sorry I ever brought up :D :D
Hey there, the inquisitive spread of Doom is always a good thing. We just want you to know that most people consider it "barely playable" with a full mouse and keyboard.

Speaking of barely playable, I've started playing random wads with Hideous difficulty and both Grimspawns and Carry turned on. I'm almost ashamed to say it's working very well and I'm enjoying it hideously.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Lots of weird glitches and shit trying to re-do healer imps in ZScript.* I'm only uploading this NEW UPDATE! for the bugfixes.

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Forgot to apply the update to live 9mm and 7mm loose rounds.
  • Bugfix: Should be checking for absolute values of velocity in the debris actor.
  • Player now moves slightly when turning, in addition to the shifting that happens when you turn too far without moving. This shifts your view so that the origin is a little bit ahead of the axis rather than dead centre. Let me know how this feels.
  • More under-the-hood stuff. Monsters almost ready to start scriptifying (subject to numerous extremely crippling and crash-inducing bugs)!

*edit: to make this clear and because this sort of thing has scared off at least one other modder, it's not because of anything inherently problematic in ZScript, but the fact that I'm trying to reinvent all of A_Chase. Goals: allow simple alterations to move targets; create simple decision tree; make monster movement subject to actual momentum like the player; insert a brief delay where you can interrupt a healer imp.
Fort of Hard Knox

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated February 20, 2017]

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

"Deprecated Fire. Please use hdlib.immolate() directly."
Happens everytime I get hit by an imp fireball.

Also I've been playing the new ZScript update and it feels snappier.
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated February 27, 2017]

Post by Matt »

That warning spam will gradually lessen as the NEW UPDATE!s start scriptifying things.

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Incorporated the lower-sky-ceiling disappearing-fastprojectile code into the custom bullet. Uses a different test because the one in the current GZDoom doesn't actually work.
  • Bugfix: Discovered the +movewithsector flag. No more crazy bouncing casings in moving lifts. ::nofunallowed::
  • Bugfix: Scopes work in freeze mode again.
  • Bugfix: 4mm crack was stupidly loud.
  • Bugfix: Crash on frag grenade spawned without target.
  • Newer, hopefully simpler critical hit location code. Target slightly smaller.
  • Stripped down the bullet code since I am never going to use rippers.
  • Replaced gravity with getgravity() on debris and bullets.
  • Scriptified all smoke.
  • Added hd_noskybullets cvar. When on, this causes small bullets to disappear when fired into the sky and large "bullets" (rockets, grenades) to explode or die like any other ceiling.
  • Scriptified/debris-ified ZM66 empty mag.
  • Scriptified teleport fog.
  • Scriptified killer green barrels. Many, many small alterations. This took many times longer to debug than it reasonably ought. I think I'm going to rewrite any further scriptifications from scratch from now on.
  • Toned down the fire effects a bit.
  • Scriptified imps are now in the replacements! Let me know if there are any crashes, bugs or apparently unintended weirdness. (Note that the mage imp no longer has the flashy fly-missile-wing attack. I intend to rectify this in the future. Forgive me.)
  • Added a new fireball prototype now followed by the new imp balls.
  • Added a hurtspecies option (default on) to A_Blast.
mikecari

Post by mikecari »

Hi, I tried the latest version of this mod with the latest version of Gzdoom and got the error:

Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 163:
Can't call play function Spawn from data context
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 164:
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 165:
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 165:
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 166:
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 167:
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 168:
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 171:
Unknown identifier 'prj'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 198:
Expression must be a modifiable value
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 199:
Expression must be a modifiable value
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 228:
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 229:
Unknown identifier 'frg'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 232:
Unknown identifier 'frg'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 233:
Unknown identifier 'fgr'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript.txt" line 272:
Can't call play function CheckSight from data context
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/effect.txt" line 289:
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/effect.txt" line 290:
Unknown identifier 'itt'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/effect.txt" line 291:
Unknown identifier 'it'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/effect.txt" line 418:
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/effect.txt" line 419:
Unknown identifier 'a'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/effect.txt" line 420:
Unknown identifier 'a'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/effect.txt" line 421:
Unknown identifier 'a'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/fire.txt" line 71:
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/fire.txt" line 72:
Unknown identifier 'f'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/fire.txt" line 72:
Unknown identifier 'f'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/fire.txt" line 73:
Unknown identifier 'f'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/shotgun.txt" line 9:
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/shotgun.txt" line 10:
Unknown identifier 'bck'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/shotgun.txt" line 11:
Unknown identifier 'bck'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/shotgun.txt" line 11:
Unknown identifier 'bck'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/shotgun.txt" line 12:
Unknown identifier 'bck'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/shotgun.txt" line 13:
Unknown identifier 'bck'
Script error, "hd.pk7:zscript/shotgun.txt" line 14:
Unknown identifier 'bck'
Script warning, "hd.pk7:zscript/weapon.txt" line 49:
Call to deprecated function A_FireCustomMissile

Execution could not continue.

35 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts

Is there any way to fix this?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Well, my first thought is: "Vaecrius did a whoopsie".

Second thought is: Older GZDoom version, perhaps?
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated March 6, 2017]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE! [EDIT: fixed for compat. Only works up to this version. Please update to the latest GZDoom devbuild!]

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Added +notimefreeze to a bunch of player-related "feeler" objects. You can now mantle and slow down/speed up on ledges normally while frozen, and no longer leave that ugly snail trail.
  • Bugfix: Replaced SetXYZ with SetOrigin for the monster position revert in the chase/wander functions. Hopefully this will keep them from getting stuck in those odd places.
  • Bugfix: Graf added a nocheckposition flag to the monster raise functions! Let's never speak of A_HDMRaise() ever again.
  • Bugfix: Recent GZDoom update also allows nightmare respawn of anything with a canraise keyword. Ordinary game-skill-based respawning is restored in Grimdark and Nightmare. (Grimdark is much, much slower)
  • Bugfix: Updated some checks to use Distance3D/2D for portal awareness.
  • Bugfix?: Finally bothered to try to benchmark my attempts at optimization. It seems that the combination of doing this stuff through the virtual machine (the biggest source of slowdown) and having to reference the HDLib thinker mean that, despite simpler calculations otherwise, are about 8-15 times slower than the native functions! Goodbye CubeDist.
  • Bugfix?: Oh wow, I had no idea GetZAt() was that much slower than floor/ceilingz! Bullets now use the latter. Let me know if you're having trouble with 3D floors and whatnot.
  • So I'm here thinking... if the bullet checks collision once every DU, it should be fine to have the radius of a projectile be half that, right? Or at least just barely over half? Let me know if bullets are frequently going through things they shouldn't.
  • Scriptified fire cans!
  • Added a sin/cosine lookup table in anticipation for more scriptifying.
  • Lots of little upgrades for the imps, including two new special mage attacks!
  • Fire now goes out sooner on victims with thermal damage resistance.
  • Went back to the spread-frags-over-multiple-frames trick with the hand grenades again.
And, uh.... some bad news, I accidentally overwrote the OP with a version that cut off most of the recommended maps list. -_- Perhaps I should start compiling a separate, more maintainable recommendations list...

EDIT: I just tried what I just uploaded with the real "latest version" devbuild.

It actually does fail to start, but due to things in the DECORATE code that I haven't touched since December o_O

EDIT2: Oh that's just fuckin' bullshit, we can't use vel.x in DECORATE outside an anonymous function, but we get a huge totally unreadable spam of warnings if we don't replace them all???

EDIT3: Tried an earlier version but still later than what I had been using. Confirmed mikecari's problem.

EDIT4: Fixed the problems mikecari mentioned but that crash in the latest devbuild above still happens. Going through the versions now and probably filing a bug report.

EDIT5: DECORATE deprecation spam is unrelated to crash, it seems.

EDIT6: The crash also happens with the 2.3.2 "release version" of HD, which contains no ZScript at all. It's clearly something to do with how this update handles... something... in DECORATE.

EDIT7: And on the seventh edit Master Cooke gave me cause to rest. (except it's monday morning and i need to get to work)
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

I feel like you went crazy overboard with the imps....

Healers, intentional or not, are now healing at a pretty large range, and through walls, which pretty much makes some maps impossible, and the mage imps are crazy powerful and hard to avoid. I tried TNT map02 , and 2 mage imps and a jackboot spawned in the first room, and I COULD NOT get past the first room, as the rifleman class.

not sure how much of this is the GZdoom issues (im using march 1st version) But the game feels absolutely broken with imps right now

On the plus side, performance is MUCH better, the only thing which is a bit slow is grenades upclose, but I suspect this is an issue with overdrawing the bullets and smoke upclose.

Anyway, hope you get the impviles fixed into regular imps, because this is just too much. Maybe this new imp should be an ultra rare variant of the imp, so its abilities aren't too much...that and give it a bunch more HP. But I DO like the black smoke on the fireballs, makes them look more menacing... Also, gotta really say I love the airborne shrapnel / bullets, I jumped a bit with falling debris from a grenade, thinking I was being shot at.
Matt

Post by Matt »

They do in fact seem a bit overkill. I haven't been able to really test how they play since my left mouse button is broken and only responds maybe 2/3 of the time if I press hard and slow. There is a cooldown timer on the mage imp already but it doesn't really do much.

Will try to fix the healer imp wallhack bug this week.

(In other news, is the Brontornis shot still leaving a permanent debris and smoke fountain? That thing is such a deplorable mix of ZS and Dec right now I don't really want to look at it too closely and thus have not...)
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Biggest thing is its damned flame geiser attack, that thing is just WAY unfair, and the fast fireballs do far too much damage / fire starting to be fair. I think maybe the flame geiser attack should be moved to the archvile, perhaps merging that, with the flame turrets, making it EITHER hit the player for large damage, OR, spawn a flame turret with a slight delay.

I like the new attacks, dont get me wrong, but it feels just plain PERVERTED to put them on an imp, with that fire rate... Feels like I'm watching an MMO charecter fight, with all the jumping, and fancy attacks. I think a few should be adopted for the archvile, or even baron.

Bront still seems to give a contrail, yes, which also lags the BEJESUS out of my rig, which stinks. That trail looks nice, but isn't worth the performance hit...

Also, it seems that firing an smg or pistol on an elevator going up does FUNKY stuff with the casings, getting them prepetually stuck in a floating spinning state.

Though, if you want to see how rediculous the imps are, spawn a few on a map, and see how many they throw out

also, for whatever reason, impacts from fireballs spawn on player spawn when they impact anywhere on the map

...and theres plenty of error messages about wrong fire / wrong chunk spawns, which seems to make my old map office-assault VERY laggy. (not to mention its a laughable mess with the imp clusterfuck right now)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”