Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.1]

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Actually, i'm gonna pile on there, and say that the enemy DERP and HERP can both kind of go die? I'm not kidding when I say that every time a DERP and HERP shoot me, it's an instant kill every, EVERY single time, without even the slightest suggestion of variation. Could sort of use a bit more wiggle room, accuracy-wise.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Just as an aside, the DERP seems obscenely overpowered. I sent one around a corner and it massacred a baron all by its lonesome. Even unloading a full ZM66 at them doesn't seem to take them down that fast.

8-)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I just noticed that right now the DERPs are 100% perfectly accurate on each shot. The only thing preventing a hit is if you're moving laterally so fast that the bullet--well, that wouldn't work either because you'd have to be outside of the DERP's maximum targeting range anyway for the bullet not to hit within the same tic.

I'll see to adding maybe a delay.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Abba Zabba wrote:Everything is normal up until the actual actor that is ejected. The best way I can describe it would be that both the SMG and the pistol eject a 9mm round that has two pickup frames register when you grab it, with a value amount of 0 set to it, meaning it works normally but gives you no loose9mm item in your player inventory.
I just tried it now. It works fine for me.

EDIT: Found it. Only bugged when picked up in midair with the new use-pickup linetrace. I think I've fixed it.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

You fixed it, thank you.

Bug/oversight: Mage Imp's power attack doesn't take Z axis into account for the bullet fireballs, so having the high ground or low ground effectively makes the attack a waste of time and a huge risk window for the imp. Seeker fireball works fine.

A suggestion: make the medical diagnostic message disappear when you select away from the med stapler. There are times where far off things that are still quite dangerous, like zombies or lost souls, can't be properly seen due to the message obscuring them. Not noticing any change on my end, with helptext turned off. Guessing blank A_Print doesn't clear junk already printed? Wonder if HudMessage would offer anything over Print.
Matt

Post by Matt »

> with helptext turned off

That's why you didn't see any change. I've changed it now so that the A_Print(" ") always applies on deselecting anything.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Matt wrote:> with helptext turned off

That's why you didn't see any change. I've changed it now so that the A_Print(" ") always applies on deselecting anything.
Little ironic there. Figured it was the case. You did this to several other message producing things, didn't you?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

For those who care even slightly, the Slomo Bullettime Ultimate mod works with Hideous Destructor now. I think it could be a worthwhile third party addon. As sort of an adrenaline system. : P
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Vae, what would you think of making the helmeted jackboot visually represent a dark gray/black uniformed zombieman? Complete with a black flat top haircut. No way to misconstrue it because the sergeant rank uses that black color, which is quite distinct from the light beige/green color of troopers (not to mention the nukage green hair) That way, all helmeted zombies would exclusively be marines, especially considering how there's an SMG marine now with a very similar dark gray uniform. I'll try a few translations and if they don't look like total ass, I'll post to git.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Too much work, lol.

Anyway, I just want to make 2 things clear here and these are (or at least the second one is) not up for discussion:

1. I am not the owner of the Hideous Destructor Discord server. I consider myself nothing more than a VIP guest and bound to its rules.

2. HD should be a mod that should be open and freely playable by all persons of any race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or family status. (There are admittedly difficult parts for people with visual, auditory, cognitive or motor impairments, and I don't mind if your criminal record is unpardoned as long as playing HD isn't a violation of your parole or long-term supervision order, etc. terms. EDIT: and I'm pretty sure there are some pacifistic or devil-worshipping religions where shooting demons is frowned upon and there is no compatibility support intended for that.)
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

What...brought that on?

Slight bug: Current master (haven't noticed it before, but maybe it was just my luck that I only noticed it now) lost souls are hurting themselves when they do a fast side swoop, I'm guessing they're colliding with the flames they spawn.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Just some examples of why political discussion is prohibited on the HD Discord server... which went on just long enough that I thought I should post the "official stance" on the matter to avoid any suggestion I condone things that I've actively worked against even within the subtext of HD. If you want details PMs are advisable.

Lost souls go into a pain state when they hit something that isn't their target, but that shouldn't affect their strafing. Can you tell if they're taking damage?
LadyErisXII

Post by LadyErisXII »

I posted this in the discord, but I think I should post it here so Matt sees it.

I really think that 4.26 has way too much penetration in general. Going through 3 enemies and killing them all is a lot especially since the 4.26 is supposed to be considered safe for work in sensitive environments right?
9mm and 12 gauge in real life penetrate barriers more often than 5.56 does.
https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o- ... ted-walls/
this is a pretty good test indicating what I mean
I'm fairly certain I've said it before in other contexts, but barrier penetration and armor penetration are two entirely separate things and being good at one is generally not indicative of the other in a lot of cases. At least not until you hit high power rounds.
I just find it a little odd that the 9mm, especially out of the SMG, and the shotguns have seemingly zero barrier penetration, while 4.26 goes right through everything.
when the opposite should be true.
http://how-i-did-it.org/drywall/results.html
this test includes buck.

testing with the SMG at <5 meters is telling me 9x21mm next to zero penetration (against corners) that 4.26 will just sail through.

Overall penetration through enemies seems okay, though I'm honestly a little dubious about the ability of 4.26 going through 3 people. To my knowledge even better barrier penetrators like 9x19, 7.62x39mm, buckshot have a difficult time going through 2 people, since the variable densities of the human body (bone, muscle, organ tissue, etc) do a good number on the bullet, hollow points for example are expected not to penetrate a single person in ideal conditions. Rounds like 5.56 would have an even more difficult time, since upon impact with bone, especially at close range (<100 meters) it completely fragments, hell lighter rounds like the old M193 did that consistently on impact with soft tissue, which is a 55 grain projectile going ~3000 fps (993 m/s in metric), for comparison current M855 is a 62 grain projectile at about 2,800 fps (860 m/s). I can only imagine that 4.26 is just as light, if not lighter than existing .223/5.56 loads which would do quite a number on it's penetrative abilities through barriers (even thin ones like branches or brush).
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Lost souls are not getting hurt, it's that rebound flinch feature.

Bug: Master branch med diagnostic seems unable to give accurate readings while still and unarmored.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Diagnostics being inaccurate is a symptom of aggravated damage, but if they're off even without it then it's bugged. I'll take a look.

Eris: The 4.26 going through three dudes was the result of my putting a multiplier on the wrong side of a bracket. :oops: I've fixed that and there are a few other glitches with the bullet stuff that need to be worked out (e.g. some bullets causing damage twice in situations where they should be causing less damage overall).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”