Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated May 19, 2014]

Post by Matt »

Any shotgun that is added, absent some obvious reason why it should be very rare the shotgun guys will probably get them. A semi variant of the Hunter is feasible, but anything further is just too much feature creep at this point.

I will consider adjusting the '66's cookoff threshold.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

No, no. I mean for the semi-auto shotgun to be an alternative to the pump one. Same as with the different assault rifles.

Edit. That's what you were getting at. Disregard this dumb post.

Edith. I've also had guns fire out of control. Figured it was a bug.
Arek_PL

Post by Arek_PL »

typical semi-auto shotgun shot at this same speed what you shoot pump action in hideous destructor only reload is pain alslo think abourt shotgays with semi-auto or auto shotguns alerday they are strong and instakill player at close rage or leave it bleeding to death without chance to use medkit

EDIT: there is a chance i have to overheat my rifle or i must shot realy fast few bullets in a row? because i overheated it on semi-auto at least it was near empty
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

You must shoot really fast in a row. However, the exact amount of shots in rapid succession that would set off the cookoff is randomized within a range.

By the way, does anyone actually use the chaingun's "slow-fire" mode? (It halves the speed making it equal to the vanilla chaingun ROF)
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I don't. If I happen to be using the chaingun, which isn't that often, I use semi-auto for anything smaller than a hell knight, otherwise it's full speed. Ammo's not exactly scarce for the thing. One (Maybe both) of my co-op friends do, though. I think because of the control it offers.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

...slow... fire?

what's that?

If you mean firing while non-reved up, then I only ever use it in extreme emergencies when I simply don't have the time to rev the thing on. If it's something else, I probably won't use it too because of a simple reason - I only use the chaingun in situations where I need every single bit of dakka I can possibly get. If I don't need more dakka, I just use a shotgun or Lib.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I used the slower RPM setting for conserving ammo/better control on the smaller monsters until I realized, ironically, that the monsters that do the dodge/sudden strafing are the smaller monsters. So now I use the full setting on both the bigger monsters to kill them quickly, and on the smaller monsters to pin them down. The semi-auto is a nice function too for when you want to keep on the move, and the monsters aren't too strong.

So the overheat is only caused by 100% continuous fire? I always thought it was a general amount of heat thing, rather than x amount of rounds have been fired in a row.
Matt

Post by Matt »

The "heat" counter only measures the # of shots fired, and goes down whenever the weapon is in its ready or reload state. It won't go down between full-auto shots, but on semi or burst you'd have to be clicking really fast (and timing it exactly right in the case of burst so that your click counts as "fire" and not "hold") for it not to go into the ready state every so often.

@HD (!): If you hit the fire mode key on the chaingun the fullauto icon will be turned on and off independent of whether the gun itself is revved up. I like having the 4-tic shots as a callback to vanilla Doom, but I was considering changing it to 3 (to be equal to full-auto for the rifles and SMGs) because of the problem LG points out.
Arek_PL

Post by Arek_PL »

i am too late but i use chaingun slower fire in firing at enemy what is behimd cover and can pop up in any moment or for firedancers and longer ranges (less smoke, still fast, realy small recoil)

EDIT: chaingun sometimes can be better sniper weapon than rifles because it have realy small recoil in semi-auto
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I'd really like to see the Nazis use the SMGs, as not only does the gun come pretty close to their in game sprite, but what would a man (well, more like the man's demonic soul reincarnated as his former self) from the early 1900's be doing with a futuristic, bullpup-inspired rifle? He'd more than likely request the weapons he was familiar with, and the SMG seems to be the closest. And it takes 9MM.

I'd also recommend removing the translation for the SMG zombie, as it kind of fudges with the rest of him.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

"Early 1900s" is a bit much, don't you think? It'd be the second great war, not the first. Besides that, I don't think the former humans are in much position to be requesting anything.

I'm just taking the piss, though, and I agree with the SMG thing.
Matt

Post by Matt »

...I totally forgot about the Nazis until just now.

Willl SMG-ize them next update.
Last edited by Matt on Sat May 24, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

I say up the recoil some on the SMG and give Nazis a slower firing, more controllable MP40. (Plenty of good looking RoTT edits around)
Rapa-tap-tap.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you use "x hundreds" it refers to those exact years rather than "x century" refers to what that century is leading to. They are from the first half of the twentieth century, ergo early.

And I guess I should have explained better than "requested." :D I meant that they're going for weapons they can relate to and conjuring them up in some demonic fashion. Now you're making me think of an SS Nazi sitting in a chair with reading glasses on, circling an entry in a gun catalog.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I think not only does "early" imply the first 1/3 more than just anywhere in the first 1/2, but given the huge changes in technology and strategy and tactics between the two World Wars it is a bit odd to call anything that happened during WW2 "the early 1900s".

It occurs to me that the SS guys don't have a reload function. But there seems to be an established unspoken tradition that as the souls of those damned for centuries they have a noticeably diminished existence than other enemies you might encounter, so a bit of relative laziness seems appropriate.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”